4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good (but be aware that Mac software isn't out yet)
So far so good - very cool toy for my 5 year old son who loves to push buttons & play with electronics. The instructions are oddly written without a central organization, so I thought I'd relate what you need to do in order to add music, videos & pictures.

First, buy a PC because the Mac compatible version of vtech's content management software (Learning Lodge...
Published on September 22, 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Parents View
I purchased two of these units for my kids (age 3 and 5) for Christmas and have played around with it a bit to get it set up. The primary reason I chose the Innotab over the Leapfrog tablet is because of the ability to add music/videos and the expandable memory. My observations so far:

*Photos- I like the ability to add photos. I am very irritated that I cannot...
Published on October 28, 2011 by Cherice

‹ Previous | 111 12 1337 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Toy, November 27, 2011
This review is from: VTech - InnoTab Interactive Learning Tablet (Toy)
I did serious research on the net between the Innotab and the LeapPad Exporer before deciding which to purchase. I finally settled on the Innotab. Selling points for me were the fact that I could transfer real movies to the SD card for use on the Innotab, memory is expandable, it also plays mp3's, it accepts pictures and videos from the Kidizoom camera that we already have and love, and the downloadable apps are more affordable than those for LeapPad, making it a more affordable toy in the long run, on top of being $20 cheaper to begin with. There is also a significantly larger selection of apps available for the Innotab than for the LeapPad. I looked through the LeapPad videos, and it's the same old stuff you probably already have on DVD. And most of the apps were ebooks. Innotab will have 100 apps available by Christmas with a good mix between games and ebooks.

I bought the bundle of the Innotab, case, A/C adapter, and 2 cartridge games on sale plus coupon code and free shipping on vtechkids.com, making the final price $105 for a value of $155. I was very pleased with that. I also got the car adapter for another $10 because I knew this device would eat through batteries quickly. I have had to change the batteries on a daily basis. Knowing that up front, I went to Wal-mart and bought 2 packs of Rayovac Platinum rechargeable AA batteries for $10/pack so I'd always have a set charged and ready to switch out at a moment's notice. That has worked out great so far. You have to make sure the rechargeables are NiMH and at least 2000 mah, according to the techs at VTech. The ones I bought are 2100 mah.

Once I figured out the process of putting movies on (which took most of a day), it was a piece of cake thereafter. I bought a 16 GB SDHC card at Best Buy. If you want to put movies on your Innotab, then I definitely recommend that. I started out with a 4 GB, but I could only fit one movie, a few photos, and 3 downloaded apps on there. I found a free program for converting files that works great. [...] There is a MAC version there, too, for those who need it.

I am so pleased with the Innotab! My son is turning 4 a few days after Christmas, so this is his one big birthday gift, and we already gave it to him. He loves it! He especially loves watching movies on his own personal little screen, which helps keep the kids from fighting over who gets to pick what to watch on the tv. But he also loved the cartridge games we got (Toy Story and Cars). The games were lots of fun. He literally fell asleep in a chair while playing them the first night! I will say that the downloadable apps are just single activities, which are all on sale for $3 right now (reg. $5). So the cartridge value, having 6 activities on it (3 games, 1 ebook, and 2 creative activities), is $18 (using sale price of apps) or $30 at regular prices. That's certainly in line with the cost of the cartridges, plus you're getting licensed characters that you don't get with the downloaded apps.

Our Innotab has already been dropped a couple of times on the tile floor with no damage. I'm happy with its durability. And I was impressed that there really were age-appropriate learning apps available for the older set, too. There were definitely worthy apps for my 7 year old to play if she wanted to, and she is in 3rd grade math this year. I like the variety, for sure. I do hope to see a larger variety of cartridges available, though. There are only a few for purchase at this time, and only 2 for 4-6 year olds.

Overall, this toy is definitely a major thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, November 11, 2011
BrianJ "BrianJ" (Westmont, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech - InnoTab Interactive Learning Tablet (Toy)
Bought this for my kiddos for christmas. I have added a 4 gb sd card and downloaded movies, mp3 music, and many games, books and apps from the Learning Lodge network for 2.99. You get 3 free additional apps with purchase as well. The e reader is super cool, and the art studio is a lot of fun and entertainment. Games are great, using the touchscreen method or the tilt motion sensored. For 79 dollars plus 10 for the sd card, it is a fantastic value for you kiddos as a dvd player, mp3 player, gaming system, e reader, etc.. Cartridges are great too, you get 5 apps per cartridge, for a fantastic value at 20-25 dollars. Do go through batteries quickly, but just use 2 sets of rechargable, and or the ac adapter. I heard the leappad also eats through batteries at the same rate. Love them

5.0 out of 5 stars innoTab vs LeapPad ...InnoTab all the way, December 5, 2011
This review is from: VTech - InnoTab Interactive Learning Tablet (Toy)
Ok so after all the reviews and YouTube videos comparing these 2 we choose the InnoTab and I'm so happy we did....It's faster and has tons more storage space(my daughter likes to save everything) you get ALOT for your money with the Cartridges for this as well as the apps are so affordable and easy to download. I Love that it has an ereader(she borrows my nook a lot for books to read to her). She can watch movies from anywhere which I love she took it to a sleepover and all the girls got to watch toy story 3! Yes the only draw back was it didn't have a camera and video recorder but on the leapPad using it takes up storage space and memory and the quality is horrible SO we bought her the Vtech kid camera so problem solved !!! Also she loves to listen to music and now she can listen to it anytime she wants She's always asking our plans for the week so she can write it down in her calendar and set up reminders for ballet class It's help her with telling time she's always letting us know what time it is The game quality is the same as leapPad....Bottom Line if you have a LeapFrog Explorer like we do the games for the LeapPad are the same she has all the leapster games so for $100 all you get is a new form of playing the same games....So happy we made this choice hope this helps!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars InnoTab is a child's verision of an iPad, December 15, 2011
This review is from: VTech - InnoTab Interactive Learning Tablet (Toy)
My boys love playing with this tablet when we are in the car. They can watch videos, play games, and draw. It is large enough that they can easily manipulate it and like an iPad is intuitive. My boys just seemed to naturally know how to use it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Low Value, December 14, 2011
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: VTech - InnoTab Interactive Learning Tablet (Toy)
Got the new innotab for my kids 5 & 7 and have been sorry. Problems right from the start with the website for downloads being down and software problems. My kids play with my Iphone and Ipad and this is like playing with the first computer I had in second grade. Big waste of money. This is a fad and my kids already are done playing with it. Wish I never paid the money.

Save your money for the next years model.

2.0 out of 5 stars EATS batteries!!! Invest in adapters from day one..., December 5, 2011
This review is from: VTech - InnoTab Interactive Learning Tablet (Toy)
Wonderful toy for our 3 year old but....but...but...be prepared to invest a $$$ after your initial investment. Batteries are a waste ( they don't last but an hour). You'll need to buy either/both ac and car adapter: $10 ea. The "apps" included with initial purchase will last the interest level of an average kid a day. Be prepared to invest $20 ea for cartridges. If you want to add music/photos/video, be prepared to purchase SD card - the bigger the better. And last, but not least, you will want a case: $14.

Yes. My son LOVES it! Me? I just wasn't prepared for the investment in a toy....maybe an actual tablet would be better suited. At least then, I would get to enjoy it too....LOL

2.0 out of 5 stars dissapointed, November 25, 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: VTech - InnoTab Interactive Learning Tablet (Toy)
i returned a leappad after VERY poor customer service so bad i decided to try innotab....after i opened it i noticed it feels a lot cheaper than the leappad it seems bigger too so is harder for little hands to hold i didnt like the stand at the back and foresaw that being broken off in no time..it also didnt have the pet pals app that both my 3 and 5 year old loved...that aside and having been a loyal VTech customer for years i decided to give it a shot...nothing to loose right

My Daughter (5 year old ) liked it, she did ask for her pet from "the other game" i had to explain it didn't come with this one...it was easily more responsive than the leappad ...she lost the stylus as it's not attachable like the leappad is it did work with a spare one my husband had, so here we are not even a month in and it no longer works the screen went white with black lines shooting down ... that's it will not work...soooo disappointing so is my daughter, i am leaning towards a basic touch pad now and be done with all these...we shall see how Vtech customer service are now and be able to compare that too see if i return the other one i got for my 3 year old too

2.0 out of 5 stars OK, but, November 23, 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: VTech - InnoTab Interactive Learning Tablet (Toy)
I bought this toy for my toddler. I liked this one better than the leappad because it had music and video player. That's the pros. I wish the innotab would have being smaller. The size of leappad is much better - smaller.
The casing does have rubber corners but it does not seem as durable as the leappad, and the battery cover is loose and does not have a kid-safe lock on it, which makes me worried.

The other thing, everywhere I looked it said you can use an "SD card".. I looked online to buy one, and saw plenty of 16GB or 8GB SDHC cards but the instructions for those always say - in order to be compatible with your product, your product must say "SDHC compatible," which the innotab does not say so. Regular SD cards are not available in the size over 2GB, so I bought 2 2GB cards... And now, reading more reviews I see others say that they have bought 16GB cards and are using those successfully. I guess it means that innotab is indeed compatible with SDHC?!? Really, couldn't vtech put that in the description on the box and on the website? Already invested money into buying 2GB cards, when for same price I could have gotten 16Gb. And I cannot return the SD cards I bought either. Be ware.
Another thing -on my box it only says $50 value apps included". Other reviewer have said they got 7 v-points. I got only 3 v-points, and there was no way to find that out, until I actually plugged the inntab into the PC and connected to the vtech website...
The number of games and ebooks is not that great. And the only way to actually look on what vtech has to offer is to buy the innotab, and connect to the vtech website. Without the software and the innotab you cannot look at what apps are offered...
So overall... not that satisfied

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tablet, May 6, 2014
This review is from: VTech - InnoTab Interactive Learning Tablet (Toy)
I would recommended this tablet for smaller kids. My 3 years old love it. He has it for almost 3 years and not want any other tablet.

3.0 out of 5 stars great but battery life is too short, April 30, 2014
This review is from: VTech - InnoTab Interactive Learning Tablet (Toy)
My son loves this tablet but is dies out of energy too fast.
I wish battery lasted longer, but overall its a great product for kids.

‹ Previous | 111 12 1337 | Next ›