5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Toy!
Published on January 9, 2006 by Andy and Ben's mommy

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for Every Child
Published on July 4, 2005 by C. Spottedhorse

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Toy!, January 9, 2006
This toy is awesome, especially for babies that you are trying to get to crawl. My two boys absolutely LOVE this toy. Also, when they start to lose interest, this toy starts to move and make noise again to get their attention. They are too young still to do the games on the ball (it tells the baby to find an animal or number), but they love to push the buttons anyway. It rolls well on our carpet on hard flooring. It's one of their favorites!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps Baby Focused While On Tummy, December 30, 2005
For my 6 month old baby boy, this ball has been an excellent wayto keep him focused on moving toward on object while on his stomach. Although he gets annoyed by it rolling away from him at times, he also tries to reach for it because he realizes that when he touches it, a sound or noise results from it so that there is a "cause and effect" situation. I think it has helped to encourage him to crawl because it's weighted to move around but not to roll away. Granted, it might bump into him but this baby is very sturdy, so much so, that he'd prefer to stand rather than crawl. He never lost the standing reflex so it's possible he might bypass crawling altogether although I think this ball helps him with the crawling and moving. He also enjoys playing with it while sitting up. I think this is a good toy!

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves his new Move and Crawl ball, January 6, 2006
Guadalupe Lara "GLara" (Monterey County California) - See all my reviews
My son got this wonderful toy as a gift for Christmas.

When he first turned it on, he looked a little confused because it moves by itself and then after a few seconds he started crawling after it.

This ball is great because it helps babies with learning to recognize numbers,colors,shapes, and animal sounds. It also helps them to crawl faster because they follow it around.

It is really worth the money!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for Every Child, July 4, 2005
I first saw this ball at a friend's house and her son absolutely loved it. I bought it thinking the kids at my house would love it too, but boy was I wrong! Of course, any kid WANTS to play with a new toy, but after a matter of minutes, they had no interest in it. First off, the ball is quite heavy for the little ones. Second, the ball does not work too well on carpeted surfaces.

I have to say that my kids did enjoy the music on this toy.

I rated this product 3 stars as it did not appeal to my kids. Kids have different interests, so maybe your child(ren) will like it a bit more.

4.0 out of 5 stars We liked it., January 14, 2005
I think this product is pretty good. My daughter loves music and lights, so this had both. The drawback was that it doesn't work on plush carpeting. Great on hardwood and tile floors though.

4.0 out of 5 stars I disagree, March 25, 2007
I bought my son this toy after reading all the bad reviews.I agree that you cant reach all the buttons in the time allocated but he loves it and watches it move round the room. I recommend this product for 9 month olds.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Heavy, December 9, 2006
Maja Taylor "Maja Vita" (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this ball about two months ago and my baby (10 months young) is just starting to really play with this ball (The sounds were scary before). However, it is too heavy and bumps her really hard sometimes. She picks it up and drops it on herself and its not fun...

5.0 out of 5 stars crawl ball, November 16, 2009
Grammy M "Grammy" (Santa Cruz, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This ball does just what it prmomises! It catches and holds my grandson's attention...makes him reach for it and peaks his curiosity! As others say, it can bump into baby's head at times but for tough little guys it doesn't matter, it's not that hard!

2.0 out of 5 stars Erratic, June 14, 2006
My 8-month-old son found the erratic movement of the ball upsetting. He would reach for it and it would roll away only to quickly return and smack his legs. Finally, he just wanted to bat it away and be picked up. After several exposures to it, he would become upset any time we turned it on. The sounds go off on their own and don't seem to correspond to the child's actions. And the voice they chose was annoying. It repeats and goes off like the gum ball machines at malls. I returned it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless ball, easily the worst toy we have, November 30, 2012
To start with, you can't call this toy a ball. It's a spherical noise-maker. You can't roll it, since it's weighted on one end. You can't drop it or throw it, because it's heavy and made of hard plastic.

There's a very good chance your child will find the toy's motions and sounds scary. It makes noise and it also has a very mechanical sounding motor. It moves erratically and can move without warning.

As a parent, it's a bit of a nightmare. Its shape, weight, and construction makes it hard to put away. The sounds and lights, while engaging, don't really have much developmental value. Even if you like it, and your child likes it, your child will outgrow it very very quickly. It's not something you want your child carrying around, since it's so heavy and is made of hard plastic. I shuddered the first time it dropped on our hard wood floors.

My advice: Go to the dollar store and get an actual ball. It'll be cheaper, your kid will probably like it more and get more developmental value from it, it'll be easier to store, it won't give you headaches, and it'll last your child years rather than months.

VTech Move and crawl Ball -FFP