Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: VTech Move and Crawl Baby Ball, Orange (Frustration Free Packaging)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 9, 2006
This toy is awesome, especially for babies that you are trying to get to crawl. My two boys absolutely LOVE this toy. Also, when they start to lose interest, this toy starts to move and make noise again to get their attention. They are too young still to do the games on the ball (it tells the baby to find an animal or number), but they love to push the buttons anyway. It rolls well on our carpet on hard flooring. It's one of their favorites!
11 comment|125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2005
For my 6 month old baby boy, this ball has been an excellent wayto keep him focused on moving toward on object while on his stomach. Although he gets annoyed by it rolling away from him at times, he also tries to reach for it because he realizes that when he touches it, a sound or noise results from it so that there is a "cause and effect" situation. I think it has helped to encourage him to crawl because it's weighted to move around but not to roll away. Granted, it might bump into him but this baby is very sturdy, so much so, that he'd prefer to stand rather than crawl. He never lost the standing reflex so it's possible he might bypass crawling altogether although I think this ball helps him with the crawling and moving. He also enjoys playing with it while sitting up. I think this is a good toy!
0Comment|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2009
This ball does just what it prmomises! It catches and holds my grandson's attention...makes him reach for it and peaks his curiosity! As others say, it can bump into baby's head at times but for tough little guys it doesn't matter, it's not that hard!
review image
on March 25, 2007
I bought my son this toy after reading all the bad reviews.I agree that you cant reach all the buttons in the time allocated but he loves it and watches it move round the room. I recommend this product for 9 month olds.
on January 6, 2006
My son got this wonderful toy as a gift for Christmas.

When he first turned it on, he looked a little confused because it moves by itself and then after a few seconds he started crawling after it.

This ball is great because it helps babies with learning to recognize numbers,colors,shapes, and animal sounds. It also helps them to crawl faster because they follow it around.

It is really worth the money!
review image review image
on January 14, 2005
I think this product is pretty good. My daughter loves music and lights, so this had both. The drawback was that it doesn't work on plush carpeting. Great on hardwood and tile floors though.
on July 4, 2005
I first saw this ball at a friend's house and her son absolutely loved it. I bought it thinking the kids at my house would love it too, but boy was I wrong! Of course, any kid WANTS to play with a new toy, but after a matter of minutes, they had no interest in it. First off, the ball is quite heavy for the little ones. Second, the ball does not work too well on carpeted surfaces.

I have to say that my kids did enjoy the music on this toy.

I rated this product 3 stars as it did not appeal to my kids. Kids have different interests, so maybe your child(ren) will like it a bit more.
on December 9, 2006
I bought this ball about two months ago and my baby (10 months young) is just starting to really play with this ball (The sounds were scary before). However, it is too heavy and bumps her really hard sometimes. She picks it up and drops it on herself and its not fun...
The VTech Move ‘n Crawl Bright Light Ball is exactly the type of toy I like for the child who’s just beginning to explore his or her world. It’s not only an amazing toy to watch, but also to begin to learn from. Each of the sections on the ball has something to explore, a virtual ball in which things can be discovered. Small hands can begin to explore and discover the world of shapes, while listening to songs or phrases as well as being entertained by songs.

One things some parents or caretakers will love is the fact that the sounds and songs can be totally muted. There’s a three-way switch on the side that allows for total muting as well as two levels of loudness. The VTech Move ‘n Crawl Bright Light Ball takes three AA batteries that are easily inserted into the bottom panel. The only thing I needed was a flat-head screwdriver for installation.

There’s many things to explore with the youngest set on this ball. They can begin to learn about shapes with the square, triangle, and circle as well as the numbers 1, 2, 3. The brightly colored VTech Move ‘n Crawl Bright Light Ball has plenty of colors to explore and interesting characters to look at. The puppy, kitten, and monkey are very appealing critters. For example, when the monkey is tapped we hear a bright voice saying “monkey!”

The VTech Move ‘n Crawl Bright Light Ball is rather pricey, but should hold up through a passel of little ones. The plastic housing is mega-solid, although probably not meant to be dropped or thrown. Little ones can learn a lot, but have a very entertaining experience at the same time. Learning is, at first, by chance and later by experience as a child learn that by certain movements will generate a song, light, or word. Definitely a toy that’s lots of fun and worth the money just for the beginning learning experience.
on March 26, 2015
I bought this for my son as he is now trying to learn to crawl. He absolutely loves it!! When you turn it on, it has tons of lights, and it plays all kinds of little songs, and encourages your child to follow it around while it rolls across your floor. The ball, when on, has a little motor that spins a weight to make the ball roll in little circles. It is really cute and I hope it lasts a long time like other vTech toys I have purchased!