5.0 out of 5 stars First toy phone my 2-year old loves!
Published on September 12, 2011 by Avid Shopper

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but not great
Published 24 months ago by Indygal

5.0 out of 5 stars First toy phone my 2-year old loves!, September 12, 2011
This review is from: VTech - Slide And Talk Smart Phone (Toy)
This is a great toy phone! My 2-year old loves my iPhone (I don't blame him) so most of the toy phones we've bought do not hold his attention. This phone DOES though so I am so happy we stumbled across it! He loves pushing the buttons and watching the screen. It's fun for him to just slide out the keyboard. The box says it's for 2+ but I think he'll get a little more out of it in a few months, but his language is a slightly delayed. My 6-year old likes it too, which is surprising because he has much more advanced toys to play with like a Nintendo DS. If your toddler likes sounds, buttons and your cell phone, I definitely recommend this toy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, description doesn't give it justice!, December 28, 2012
This review is from: VTech - Slide And Talk Smart Phone (Toy)
It does more than the description says! You can send personalized messages, not just the preset ones. Quiz time is neat, I'm excited for my 3 yr old to grow into that. Display is fun and interactive.

Only cons I see. 1) When you slide it out and hit a letter it just says (for example) that "Letter A" is calling. Would be neat to sometimes just say the letter or even "A says 'ah'". And when you type a "text message" it doesn't tell young learners what letters they pushed, just displays them on the screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars She loves it!, October 22, 2011
This review is from: VTech - Slide And Talk Smart Phone (Toy)
We got this for our 2 yr old for her birthday because she's always playing with Daddy's phone that is so similar. She loves it. She carries it around the house talking to Papaw and Daddy all the time. As she grows it will help teach her the alphabet because when you use the keyboard it says the letter and puts the letter on the screen. It does the same with the numbers and has interactive games to play. Great teaching toy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but so freakin' loud!!!!, November 30, 2012
This review is from: VTech - Slide And Talk Smart Phone (Toy)
Ugh. This toy makes me nuts. Got it for the kids (yes, we got two for our two 4 year olds)...stupid on our part. Anyway, there is no volume control! Why do they do this to parents? Don't they want us to buy more of their products? it's crazy LOUD!

So, if it weren't so loud or had volume control it would be perfect. Our kids really like them, but they make me want to drink a margarita.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!!!, November 10, 2012
This review is from: VTech - Slide And Talk Smart Phone (Toy)
this is really cool cool learning tool! and my favorite thing about this toy is when the are texting the sound is loud but when they close the phone and put it to their ear the volume is very low so it doesn't blast their ear drums!

5.0 out of 5 stars Phone, October 31, 2013
This review is from: VTech - Slide And Talk Smart Phone (Toy)
Got this for my son and my niece and they both enjoy it. It helps them learn their numbers and letters. The phones kind of loud when you slide the keyboard out, but it doesn't bother me too much. I've learned to tune it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars $12.99 at Toys R Us, November 14, 2011
S. Lovett (Greenfield, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech - Slide And Talk Smart Phone (Toy)
Love the toy! But purchased from Toys R Us on 11/14 for 12.99!!!! And they had free S&H!
Great toy phone, kids love the slide feature.... just Amazon's price is more than double Toys R Us!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for keeping the kids away from your smart phone, November 9, 2013
ReToM7 "Patrick" (Hyde Park, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech - Slide And Talk Smart Phone (Toy)
The Slide and Talk Smart Phone is an awesome gift for a little kid. Most little kids these days are grabbing for their parents smart phones to press buttons, watch things on the screen, recognize numbers and letters, etc. I was surprised how durable and advanced this thing is for the price. We listened to the kid we bought it for play with it a solid 15-20 minutes without repeat noises. I imagine this is not only a positive for the kid playing with it but also the parents who have to listen to it all day long.

My favorite feature was the incoming calls for the kids to answer. It's a nice surprise for them, even if they aren't sure what's going on fully. The sound is pretty advanced too. Instead of obnoxious *beeps* and *boops*, there are different rings and tones making it one of the less obnoxious toys I have been around.

For the price, this is a great toy for the kids. A heck of a lot cheaper than the parents buying their kids Kindles or other tablets before they really understand the devices.

I bring up durability because of how rough the young ones are on their toys. The slide action is smooth and even when it's open, it feels solid. We watched it get dropped and tossed a couple of times and it kept going. I can't speak for long term, but the plastic felt thick and solid.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but not great, December 27, 2012
This review is from: VTech - Slide And Talk Smart Phone (Toy)
I got this for my daughter for Christmas this year. Last year I gave her the Leap Frog phone for ages 18 months+, and she LOVED it. So, this year I wanted to get her something similar for a 2 yr. old. This was what I was looking for. My only major disappointment with it is the volume. It sounds great when the slider is open, but when it's closed, you almost can't hear it & there is no volume control that I can find. I don't know if the volume issue is a glitch with the one I got, or if they're all that way. Other than that, it's a good little phone. My daughter enjoys it, but I still think the Leap Frog wins out in our house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth It, November 11, 2011
Georgia Vallejos (Salt Lake City, Utah) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech - Slide And Talk Smart Phone (Toy)
I love this toy. It is sturdy and well-made. It teaches letters and numbers, and does a variety of activities. I bought it for my 3 and a half year old granddaughter who is an only child, so she really enjoys the various "friends" that call her. It does so much more than just being a toy cell phone. I think it was well worth the price.

VTech - Slide And Talk Smart Phone