5.0 out of 5 stars Good toy
Great toy, my two year old toddler plays with it but, doesn't care about the light. I didn't pay $30 maybe around $12 from Target...
Published 19 months ago by Kindle Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a flashlight, super annoying
Published 16 months ago by SJ06830

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a flashlight, super annoying, March 12, 2013
SJ06830 (Greenwich, CT USA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: VTech Spin and Learn Color Flashlight (Toy)
Awful! Loud, chaotic, no real educational value, and worst of all not a flash light! Our baby discovered our flashlight and loves it, but he likes to shine it in his eyes and our real flashlight is too bright for that. We wanted a flashlight with a gentler light and more baby friendly form. This VTech flashlight absolutely did not deliver. First, it is not a flashlight, in that you press a button or switch and the light goes on. Instead, there are 3 numbered buttons and one ladybug button. When you hit any of these these buttons, the light flashes randomly (but does not stay on), and a riot of crazy beeps, chimes, and voices goes off. We had it on the quiet setting and even so, it drove us crazy just testing it. You cannot get the light to go on without the noises. It's also super confusingly designed. You'd think the ladybug, being on the handle and ergonomically where your thumb would be, would turn the light as long as its depressed, but no, it just brings on another seizure-inducing round of flashes and shrill noises. This was an immediate return.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good toy, December 3, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 1 Year Old, December 2, 2012
Tom H. (New Jersey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech Spin and Learn Color Flashlight (Toy)
I bought this for my 1 year old's birthday. She loves anything that lights up and plays music. The handle is easy to grip for little hands and the ring that changes the color of the light is easy for little ones to turn. It also has features that teach counting and different animals. It is a very cute idea for a toy that will be played with for a long time. I am sure my oldest will be playing with it too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Way too overstimulating, March 1, 2013
This review is from: VTech Spin and Learn Color Flashlight (Toy)
I found this toy to be way overstimulating. The flashing of the lights and the loud frantic music made this just too much for my son AND me. Theres no way to use this toy just as a flashlight with different colors, the music has to be on for it to work. The lights flash very rapidly with the different colors and the music was too loud (even on low) and frenetic- I couldn't stand it after 5 minutes. I sent it back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cool, March 14, 2013
This review is from: VTech Spin and Learn Color Flashlight (Toy)
I think this is pretty cool and so do most kids that come in contact with it. My 18mo doesn't seem super impressed by it but I think that has more to do with his personality than it does with the flashlight.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too bright for baby's eyes, March 23, 2013
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: VTech Spin and Learn Color Flashlight (Toy)
Normally I love vtech brand toys for my kids, but I had to write a review on this one to let other parents know that the light it shines is just too bright for young eyes. The first thing my 2 year old did was point it in his face and turn the light on. It concerned me that he was looking directly into the light so I tried it myself and found it painful to look at! There's not a way to dim the lights and every time he would change the color he wanted to look directly at the lights again. So, it's hidden on the top of my closet away from little eyes now. I would not recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Toy, April 25, 2013
This review is from: VTech Spin and Learn Color Flashlight (Toy)
We bought this for our daughters 1st birthday. She loves the music and the colors from the flashlight. I would recommend this toy!

5.0 out of 5 stars christmas gift for 3 yo son, November 7, 2013
This review is from: VTech Spin and Learn Color Flashlight (Toy)
Bought this for my 3 year old for Christmas. he loves flash lights and lanterns. it says 18-36 months on it, which would work fine for that age range too, but with how educational it is I think it can be stretched further.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice toy, February 4, 2014
This review is from: VTech Spin and Learn Color Flashlight (Toy)
Its a nice toy.. it has several colors and she really enjoys shinning it on the wall when she is going off to sleep. Well made.

2.0 out of 5 stars Obnoxiously noisy, toddler loves it, December 24, 2013
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: VTech Spin and Learn Color Flashlight (Toy)
Pros: It flashes, plays music, sings, has three number buttons that can be pressed, makes some animal noises, and has a spinning dial. Very appealing to a toddler! Batteries pre-installed.

Cons: It does all of the above AT THE SAME TIME. The flashlight does not turn on separately from the sound effects, and does not function as a steady beam. It turns off automatically after 45 seconds of no input, but if your toddler puts it down it will keep making random noises (not *quite* constantly, but almost) to get the kid's attention. There are two volume settings, neither of which resembles soft. If received as a gift, I recommend testing it before taking it out of the box and giving it to your lucky kiddo.

VTech Spin and Learn Color Flashlight