3,348 Reviews
 (2,554)

5.0 out of 5 stars The one star reviews are misleading...
Published 12 months ago by Corban Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars My Son Likes this toy
My Son loves this toy. He is just 7 month old.

Pros:
1] He like the sound. (They are not too high not too low, it is just right)
2] Color. (Has lot of color on it.)
3] Texture. (Lot of options to explore like my son like to open and close the door, he like to pick up the phone, etc.)
4] Sitting as well as walking. (Can detach the main unit...
Published on December 2, 2011 by HUMAN

5.0 out of 5 stars The one star reviews are misleading..., November 25, 2013
This review is from: VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker (Frustration Free Packaging) (Toy)
I usually read the 1 star rating when buying a product. I saw the issues about the wheels sliding on hard floors, being too light to support a child while standing up, going too fast and kids falling on their face... The list goes on. Well after some critical thinking and shopping around I figured that most if not all of the products of this price and material would have the same issues. Well, the reviews were almost completely wrong!
Wheels sliding on hard floors... False, there is a rubber seam on the rear wheels that prevents side to side motion. (I have no idea where this critique came from) My entire main level is hard wood and this has not been an issue.
Too light to support a child while standing up... False (for the most part), my 12 month old is average size and it doesn't tip. That's not to say that if your kid is in the 95th percentire that it's going to be as sturdy as a rock.
Going to fast... False again! There are two settings on the wheels. One pretty much locks the rear wheels (not too much so that it's immovable). The other setting is free spining. My 12 month old (recieved this for his birthday) uses the locked setting on the main floor where it's hard floor and the free spinning setting on the carpet. He has never had the toy "run away" from him causing him to fall flat. Granted he has fallen but that's the purpose right? To help him learn to walk...
This is just my two cents I hope it's helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for little ones that are learning to walk!, October 14, 2008
Ashlee (Manteca, CA) - See all my reviews
This toy was instrumental in helping my son to walk. He pushed this toy all over the house day and night. The toys on it light up and make noises. There's an educational mode and a music mode. My son's favorite part is the phone. He pretends like he's talking to daddy. This toy is very sturdy. My son has pulled himself up on it numerous times and it's never tipped over. I also noticed that it doesn't seem to go too fast. Other walkers I've seen take off and leave the baby to fall on his face. This one is perfect. I recommend it to everyone. My son was walking on his own after 1 month of using this.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE even after 3 months, October 11, 2012
Bri (APO, AE United States) - See all my reviews
I was a little skeptical to buy this because of all the negative reviews this product had about not being durable and the electronics not working properly. In fact, I was so skeptical that I didn't buy it at first. A few days later, still a little sad that I couldn't find anything else, a friend of mine posted a video of her kiddos (she has twins) playing with the same toy I wasn't buying!! She told me that she loved it, her babies loved it and that it was a durable as it could be so I ordered it. It was extremely easy to put together AND the toy came with its own batteries which I thought was absolutely amazing since nothing ever comes with batteries anymore. The electronics worked great until about 2 months later. It started doing all the crazy things that people were talking about. Luckily I remembered that the batteries were originally provided to me by the company and who knows how old those were so I replaced them and the electronics worked great again. Soooo... to all those people that said that the circuit board was crap, check the batteries first and see if that is the problem.

As for durability, my daughter has rammed it into every single piece of wall, furniture and living thing in our house. It has a 90 degree square base with wheels so it is extremely difficult to tip over. In the 3 months my daughter has had it, she has tipped it over 1 time and learned that when you fall, you have to let go of the handle otherwise it comes down with you.

This toy is fun, flashy and gets used in our house every single day. My daughter loves this thing and it was worth every penny of the $35 dollars I spent on it. If your baby is ready to start walking then this toy is absolutely wonderful but please know that if your baby cannot stand on their own, then they are not ready to be walking with this toy so just get it for them to press the buttons since it can be easily removed until they can stand and walk with it.

There are no stoppers or emergency breaks on the wheels so for those who are worried that their little one will push and it will go forward, you're right, it will and it wont stop. That is what it is made for.

I gave the educational value a four because while there are a million things on it that baby can learn from, they probably are not going to because they will be so busy wanting to push a million other buttons.

UPDATE: We have now had this for 6 months and my daughter still loves it. She figured out how to take the face off to play with it by itself and has thrown it on the ground several times. We do not have carpet so the fact that it is still working tells me that it seems to be put together pretty well.

5.0 out of 5 stars great toy for prewalk to walking baby, November 7, 2007
This toy is exactly as it says a sit to stand learning walker. It has lots of interactive features and my daughter loves it. The front "face" comes off so she can sit on the floor with it and play....when she is feeling adventurous she pushes it around. It does not have any resistance feature on the wheels (like some other walkers) so she is still learning to push it and control it without falling but I would recommend it and buy it again over other walkers (I have 2 others that don't interest her as much)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great!, June 24, 2011
Length:: 0:13 Mins

UPDATE (2/23): I am upgrading it to 4 stars thanks to one of the comments made to my review. We are currently using it with our second son (11 months) and it works just like new. The play panel still freezes, so we don't really use this feature, hence 4 stars instead of 5.

When I first got this walker for my little one he was 9 months old and just started pulling him self up and walking around the crib. I thought these were signs that he is ready to start walking so I got him this walker. Unfortunately his moves were still very uncoordinated and he kept falling with the walker. At that point the walker was still very unsafe for him so I put it away. I took it out when he was 11 months and to my surprise he did great, no more falling at all. He was able to use it immediately so I believe no walker will work when the baby is not ready yet. I'm giving this walker 3 stars for two reasons. First I think the name is a bit misleading as I don't think this is a good product to learn how to stand up so "Sit-to-Stand Learning" is a bit misleading. I do however think that if a baby learned how to stand up properly this becomes a great walker. The second reason is that the play panel freezes all the time and is very annoying, so we don't even turn it on anymore and use it only as a walker.

2.0 out of 5 stars My Son Likes this toy, December 2, 2011
My Son loves this toy. He is just 7 month old.

Pros:
1] He like the sound. (They are not too high not too low, it is just right)
2] Color. (Has lot of color on it.)
4] Sitting as well as walking. (Can detach the main unit and baby can play sitting at one place or can be used as a walker when attached to trolley).

Corns:
1] No Wheel locks. (Thus the baby who is learning to stand cannot use this as a support to stand up by them self.)
2] No Grip on tires. (Thus it skids on wooden floor.)
3] The locking mechanism for both unit is not secured. (We found they get detached without releasing the locks, thus need to be careful while lifting up the unit using the handle.)

Scope of improvement:
1] May want to improve the tires to have firm grip on wooden floors as well.
2] The lock which holds the two seprate unit needs to be redesigned.
3] may want to add some more stuff where babies can explore while they are standing/walking. (Of course considering safety aspect of the same.)

4.0 out of 5 stars There are two versions.... One with speed control and one without, February 6, 2013
A lot of the negative reviews on here are based on the fact that there is no way to slow the walker down for the babies first starting out... It was those reviews that made me almost not purchase this but I'm very glad I did. My son was starting to show an interest in walking right before he turned six months old so I wanted to get him a walker but I wanted the option to slow it down or lock the wheels. First one we bought had images of fruit on the three light-up shapes at the top but we returned it due to audio issues. I noticed the second one I picked up at the same store had a slightly different box but didn't think much of it until I got home. The new one had the numbers 1, 2 and 3 where the fruit used to be AND a knob on the wheels to SLOW the walker down. Perfect!! It doesn't totally lock the wheels but it definitely changes the amount of force needed to make the thing move which is just what we were looking for. So, if you want the speed control look for the walker that has numbers on top. I've seen them at Walmart, Target and BRU. Amazon still shows the older version here but you could probably call to find out if they have the newer version available. Hope this helps!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!, October 4, 2012
ive been reading some of these reviews and i must say, i think some people on here were dropped on their heads one too many times. any of these toys with wheels that are to be pushed are going to MOVE...that is the POINT. yes it can go a little quickly but your child will learn how to handle it. mine did! shes a smart cookie and had no problems figuring it out. i wouldnt recommend relying on this to TEACH a child how to STAND but its great once they learn how to stand. she took to it well and started pushing it all over. yes she got a little too excited some times and pushed it too hard and made it go faster to the point where shed fall down, BUT guess what? SHE GOT BACK UP and started playing with it again. If you sit there going "OMG OMG OMG! MY POOR BABY!" whenever they fall theyre going to always panic and cry whenever they fall! use it on carpet and let them LEARN to get back up and try again! its really simple people. and to the person who wants BRAKES on this thing? SERIOUSLY? do you want it to teach the kid how to use the brakes as well? maybe take over watching your child all together so you dont have to? spin some straw into gold? come on now!

so, in all honesty, from someone NOT expecting a miracle toy but something fun, entertaining and helpful for my child, i feel this was a great purchase and my daughter LOVES it. she pushes it around; drags it around; flips it over; flips it back; takes the front off to play with on the floor, etc. she seems to be handling it just fine, no problem. oh and i got this for her first birthday (she got it about a month early) since she learned how to stand and had been holding on to furniture walking. This helped her to transition from using furniture to moving all over besides the perimeter and eventually on to her own without assistance. however, we didnt rely only on this to teach her to walk. we also just held her hands and had her walk around with us. no toy will ever substitute being a parent!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice walker, October 31, 2007
This is a nice walker that doesn't go too fast or tip easily. There are several activities with two modes of play that my 10 month old seems to enjoy. Good price as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy! But, would be 5 stars if..., November 5, 2014
My 7 month old baby loves this! Although she doesn't walk with it yet, she plays with it all the time. She also uses it to try and stand up.
The only "CON" I have about this toy, is that there are no wheel locks. We have to put it up against a wall in order for her to play with it, so that if she pushes on it she doesn't fall forward as the toy rolls away from her.