4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, except for the tailgate
Published 21 months ago by Lynellen Perry

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that much fun as it sounds on paper
Its a sizeable toy and the appeal factor for the 4 year old crowd fades away soon. It has some repeat value when friends are visiting. At least that's how it has panned out in our house.
Published 21 months ago by V. Balasubramanian

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, except for the tailgate, October 3, 2012
This review is from: VTech Switch & Go Dinos - Brok the Brachiosaurus Dinosaur (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is our second V-Tech Switch and Go toy and is has been every bit the immediate hit that our first (Sliver the T-Rex) was. In fact, the boy was quick to run and grab Sliver and show that he also launched off the back of Brok, in addition to the blue pteranodon car. What I love about Brok (and the Switch and Go toys in general) is that they continue to combine two of his favorite things: cars and dinosaurs. They are easy for him to transform back and forth with pretty much no learning curve (they're very intuitive). They're not overly electronic - in fact most of the fun of playing comes from his imagination. Sure, he'll spend time choosing eyes or a driver, and occasionally having it make noise, but what he likes to do most is roar and drive them around. My one complaint about Brok is the foldable on ramp at the rear (to get another car into the launch/carrying bay) - it falls off ALL. THE. TIME. In fact, it pretty much just doesn't stay on, ever. Now, sure, the 4 year old can reattach it on his own, but it's annoying to have it keep falling off. The only reason we keep trying to put it on (and are working on a gerry-rig) is because it keeps the ride along car from rolling out the back when Brok is driving/walking. If we could get along without it, we totally would. As it is, we'll figure something out.

4.0 out of 5 stars my 5 year old loves it, October 1, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Personally this toy seemed big, bulky, and clumsy, but my 5 year old really enjoys it. It was easy to set up, the hardest thing was getting it unhooked from the box! It has kept my son's interest and he enjoys switching it from dino to truck. It has lots of sounds and phrases but is not too loud and the sounds won't drive you crazy. The toy seems well made and as already taken a few licks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that much fun as it sounds on paper, October 12, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars 2-in-1 Educational Play With Vtech's Switch & Go Dinos, September 30, 2012
Caryn (Orange County, CA) - See all my reviews
When my son first received Brok, he was very excited and began playing and transforming him from a vehicle to a dinosaur and back. While the toy did offer a challenge, it wasn't impossible for my son to figure out. In fact, he showed me how to do it. We've never owned a transforming toy, so I can't comment on how it compares to others but we were impressed with it's durability, ease of use, and longevity with regards to play. I always strive to purchase toys that entertain and educate and I feel like this toy does both well. When it's in dino mode, children can learn interesting facts about their dinosaur. While it requires batteries, Vtech includes one set with the toy! The prices are actually quite modest, even for the most expensive dinosaur. I also appreciate that there are dinosaurs in a variety of price ranges so parents can decide which one is within their means. I anticipate this will be a popular toy come the holiday season.

5.0 out of 5 stars A New Favorite, October 20, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As soon as I received Brok the Brachiosaurus, the package was torn open and my grandson and I were on the floor playing with the wonderful toy. This durable plastic fun-machine changes from a car to a dinosaur with just a few clicks, easy for a four year-old to do.

The eyes can change, the neck is motorized, and there's an electronic control panel that lets little ones hear dinosaur facts. Of course there's also the button that allows you to hear the variety of sounds this toy can make. We stopped after listening to about twenty.

If you push him, he'll walk and stomp his feet, when the dino turns into a car it will launch a Pterodactyl. (not so hard to hurt anyone)

I received this toy from the Vine program so I don't know what it costs, however, if you're looking for something to entertains kids (and grandparents) this toy is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mega-Awesome!, September 30, 2012
mk (parker, CO United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This thing's got it all! What's not to love? A giant, brachiosuarus dinosaur, pterodactyl(or is it pteronadon? Why do they keep changing the names? And tell me again, what happen to brontosaurus? I guess that ages me. Sorry, got off track.), semi-truck, race car, talking, moving transformer. Whew!

Yes, transformers are as popular as ever. One sees it in the movies, Transformer, Battleship, Avengers, etc. My kids already have 2 of the Switch & Go Dinos, Silver the T-Rex and T-Don the Pteronadon(Oh, there they go again!), and they love crashing them and transforming them and trading them.

It runs on and includes 4 AA batteries; made of durable plastic, the control panel on top moves the motorized neck up, gives a few facts on dino's, which I need to bone up on, and it makes a bunch of sounds. One can choose the driver's image and control the volume- turn it down! On the back, load up your race car armed with pteryldactyl (not a pteronadon) which you or your kids can shoot up into the air.

The box state "over 80 wild sounds and phrases"- haven't counted that many, yet. The legs can stomp if pushed or roll or transform from dino to slick racing vehicle. If dino, one can change it's eyes or move its jaw by hand. It's a good size toy. Also, it pictures boys on the box, and yes, they'll eat it up, but my 2 girls give it 2 roaring, thumbs up! LIsted for ages 3-8.

This is a great toy, not cheap, and fun for dads, too. No set-up, just play with it right out of the box. "And you'll get your turn as soon as Dad's done with his."

1.0 out of 5 stars The thing YELLS all the time!!, July 10, 2013
I woudl be delighted if I never heard it again. It is loud. It is not made of durable plastic. I will not buy another.

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe for the older crowd?, October 17, 2012
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This toy is targeted for 3-8 years. My 4 year old is really behind developmentally and my youngest is 17 months, so I don't have a great deal of experience with older than that. I'd would think that for a 3-4 year old to have fun with this toy, they'd have to be awfully advanced! I recommend it for the older end of their target age. (That's just my little opinion, though! I'm not saying a 3 year old couldn't have fun with it.)

Our whole family was greatly disappointed in it, though. We have the smaller green T-Rex from this same line, and we liked it so much, we were really looking forward to adding this one to our toy collection. My boys continue to play with the T-Rex. We rotate toys, and it is one that I keep out all the time right now. Brok is just SO COMPLICATED!! Make sure you keep the instructions, not only for putting the thing together(There IS assembly required!), but for learning how the thing changes and works. My youngest doesn't even care to play with it, because he just doesn't see what it's all about. My oldest will occasionally pick it up, but he gets so frustrated, he doesn't play with it long. About the only thing about it he likes is the screen on the dino's head that lets you pick a driver and all. That same feature comes with the cheaper toys in this line, so it's hard to think about paying so much money for a toy if that's all that captures my children's attention.

It is a more realistic toy if you plan on spending a good bit of time playing and teaching your child how it works. If it's for alone play time(at least for the younger age group), I'd pick something else to spend my money on.

3.0 out of 5 stars My boy lost interest quickly, July 25, 2013
It's expensive & very cheaply made. Parts are breaking and pieces go missing. My boys don't play with it very much and when they do its maybe twice a month.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard to transform!, July 3, 2013
I bought my son this for Christmas and he has a heck of a time trying to transform it from the car to the dino. I even have a hard time getting it to transform. There is several steps that you have to take in a certain order, otherwise it will not transform. So, needless to say, the Switch & Go Dino has been sitting half transformed in my son's toy box for the last 4 months. Waste of money. I do not understand why VTech would make a toy this hard to switch back and forth. It is impossible for young children to be able to use this toy.

Rate and Discover Movies