5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Toy
I bought this for my son age 5 and he loves it! He spent hours playing with it the first day and still likes to play with it. It does so many things and plays so many different bites. It turns into a car very easily that a 4-5 year old can figure it out by themselves. I would recommend this toy and it has a great price!
Published 18 months ago by Sir Wes

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy would be a good addition to other Switch & Go toys.
Published 13 months ago by Georgette M. Gilmore

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Toy, June 23, 2013
This review is from: VTech Switch & Go Dinos - MC Roar The Giganotosaurus Dinosaur (Toy)

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy would be a good addition to other Switch & Go toys., November 24, 2013
VTech Switch & Go Dinos - MC Roar The Giganotosaurus Dinosaur offers lots of fun for kids. Transform it into a cool vehicle or a Dinosaur that raps—the latter made my kids crack up. I'm happy that it comes with four volume settings including a mute setting, because I didn't always want ot hear a loud rapping dinosaur. My 6 year old and 9 year have fun with it and it would be a good addition to other Switch & Go toys.

4.0 out of 5 stars They like it!, July 27, 2013
I bought this for 5 and 7-year-olds as a "grandma's house toy." Very popular!! I'm very glad I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic toy!, February 26, 2013
My 4 year old grandson loved this toy and was able to switch between car and dino within minutes. Very sturdy and well built with great sound effects.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for My 4-Year Old, June 6, 2013
My 4-year old wanted a remote-controlled car for his birthday, but I didn't think he is ready for that. So, looked up a bunch of cars I thought would suit him better. He picked this one.
He was really excited when he opened it up on his birthday, and has had a blast playing with it since. He could figure out a more complicated transformation process, but the more complicated toys don't seem to be made for rough play. This one feels like it will stand up to him and his brother, both!

5.0 out of 5 stars it has a volume control!!!, July 20, 2014
my kids love this toy. we have other vtech toys (the switch and go dino stuff) and they're all very transformer-like. i love that it can talk. my boys love that it makes all sorts of silly noises and says goofy phrases. they like switching back and forth on the sounds. my favorite thing is the volume control!! yea!! there's actually a volume control on this toy!! can you believe it? i hate it when toy manufacturers have their toys permanently set on ANNOYING. hehe!! that's not the case with this one. you can adjust the volume and also change the display (i wont ruin the surprise for you) on it. great toy for kids 3 and up. my little ones throw this thing around all day and it hasn't broken yet. they throw it incredibly hard too. nicely built. good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy!, October 15, 2013
Helps my son figure out how to put together. Do not allow your child to put it in sand becuase it will be harder to open and close. However, my son loves this toy a lot.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but just at first. Also some durability concerns., December 11, 2013
Connie (Deer Creek Mesa, CO) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
My almost-5-year-old son received one of these as a reward for filling up a good behavior chart. He was absolutely ravenous for one after having seen a commercial on TV.

We had one blissful day around here with him occupied with it pretty much constantly. Dinosaur, car, dinosaur, car, dinosaur, car. The sound effects are fine, not too annoying, not too loud. My son actually chooses to have the sounds turned off entirely.

After that one blissful day, my son has barely given this toy a second glance. There've been one or two little spurts of interest, and actually last night he concocted a Godzilla-like scenario using this toy that was pretty fun to watch. But by and large, this is not a toy for your child UNLESS your child is very into imaginative scenarios. My son is very interested in the mechanics of this toy, but he is generally not into imaginative play (last night notwithstanding), so for him it's not a toy with any legs to speak of.

He has also reported to me that he no longer enjoys the transforming of the toy, because when it's in car mode and you're trying to switch it to dino mode, the snapping upward of the car's hood to transform it to the dino head is very hard to do. I tried it, and he's right. Also, when the toy is in dino mode, it doesn't take much for the head/neck to disengage and retreat halfway back into vehicle mode. This is a design issue, or it's a durability issue, not sure which, but it has caused headaches around here and more headaches, I do not need.

Having said all that, for the price amazon's getting for this thing, it's not a horrible buy. It's just sort of meh.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son Loves It, October 25, 2013
Maria M. (Evanston, IL) - See all my reviews
This dinosaur was fantastic because you could not find it in stores (at least not when I bought it). My son has a whole collection of these dinos. Love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Switch and go, July 16, 2013
My son loves it! He is collecting them all now. Easy to use, understand and play with. All his friends want them now