4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, but it's smaller than I wished for.
I like it, although it is smaller than I imagined. There are larger and even smaller ones on the market. I think there is more shopping in my future! It came faster than lightening though and the packaging was super!
Published 8 months ago by Barbara

3.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 3 days.
Published 19 months ago by ai

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, but it's smaller than I wished for., October 26, 2013
This review is from: VTech Switch & Go Dinos - Span the Spinosaurus Dinosaur (Toy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting and Interactive Toy for Boys!, September 26, 2012
LeeAnn (Central Florida) - See all my reviews
We currently have 4 of these Switch & Go Dinos, and my son absolutely loves them! Span is pretty awesome because he is not only a ferocious dinosaur, but a jet fighter too! This dino can be switched into vehicle mode and then back to a dino in just a few easy steps. My 3 year old needs a little help with the transformation, but he will figure it out soon.

Span comes with food discs that shoot out from in front of the jet fighter's wings, and this is my son's favorite part. He can easily load the discs and launch them with the press of a button. It also comes with a crane, cage, rescue lift and a baby dino. My son has a great time carrying his smaller Switch & Go Dinos around on the rescue lift, and flying the baby dinosaur to safety.

This educational toy teaches kids about dinosaurs by saying fun facts about the particular dino. When in vehicle mode, you will hear sound effects that the vehicle makes. In this case, the sound effects resemble that of a jet fighter flying through the air. The LCD screen is customizable and shows dino eyes and expressions when in dino mode, and vehicle drivers when in vehicle mode. This toy is interactive, and my son loves to mimic the sound effects and repeat the sayings.

These dinos are very durable, and can stand up to even the fiercest battles! The price is right, given the exceptional quality of these toys. They are definitely built to last.

I highly recommend Span the Spinosaurus, along with the other Switch & Go Dinos for the boys in your life! The age recommendation is 3-8, and I agree with that. I can see my son still playing with these when he is 7 or 8 years old.

Awesome toy!!!

I received VTech Switch & Go Dinos to facilitate my review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Dino, July 3, 2013
Fun dino, that has a hook to carry other dinos around. Lots of fun. I have a 7 year old boy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!, November 29, 2012
My 4yr old loves this. He's able to transform it by himself and loves the fact that he can change the eyes and driver!

3.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 3 days., December 10, 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
My boys loved this toy. They still do, but my 6 year old won't play with it now because the little piece that holds the jaw in place broke. I watched it happen, they were not being rough with it. I emailed VTech to try and get a replacement part and they suggested I return it to the store. Well, I might have done that if it was still just 3 days after they'd opened it, but VTech didn't respond to my request until a week and a half later and now I wouldn't feel right about trying to exchange it. And frankly, knowing stores, I would guess they would not exchange it for me.

As of Christmas morning my boys will have all the Switch and Go Dinos because that is what they wanted for Christmas, but I'm certainly going to be thinking twice before buying anything else from VTech...and I used to love them!

3.0 out of 5 stars Toys R'Us has this for $15.99. Overpriced on Amazon, October 25, 2013
Abuela (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
I'm a loyal Amazon customer. It bothers me when I see such a price difference. The toy is not worth more than what it's been sold at Toys R'Us: $15.99. Amazon originally had it cheaper and I was holding it in my cart for my grandson's birthday this month but the price has gone up almost $10 since I placed it. You know where I'm buying it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Toy for 2012!, September 28, 2012
VTech has hit the nail on the head with these new toys because they took Dinos and Vehicles and mixed them together! Span the Spinosaurus is not only a Dinosaur but he is also a pretty awesome Jet Fighter as well! By day you can find Span stomping around the jungle with his other dino friends but at night Span hits the skies and rescues the baby dino (included) and other Switch and Go Dinos (not included). Span has a LCD screen that switches from a driver, while in car mode, to Dino eyes while in dino mode. There are a couple of buttons that the boys can push to cause some pretty great sound effects that go along with the mode the toy is in. Not only is Span super fun but he is also educational, in dino mode Span shares 30 fun facts about himself! I have 4 boys ranging in ages from 4 - 8 and all 4 of them love Span and the other Switch and Go Dinos, I know that these are going to be THE hot item for boys in the 3-8 age range this year! Get them while they are HOT, the Holidays are right around the corner. "I have received VTech Switch & Go Dinos to facilitate my review."

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, May 7, 2014
I have two boys and both are very hard on toys. We got these for Christmas 6 months ago and they are still playing with them and the toys aren't broken. That's a plus in this house!

1.0 out of 5 stars Why the price difference, March 10, 2014
nchatch "nchatch" (Chagrin Falls, OH United States) - See all my reviews
My son loves VTech's Switch & Go Dinos . . . and he wants to use some b-day money on this particular dino. But why the price difference . . . Target and Walmart are both selling this same exact product fof $19.99! As a loyal Amazon costumer I'm shocked with the discrepancy in prices! I count on Amazon to have the best prices not huge marke-ups!

1.0 out of 5 stars dinos, January 12, 2014
not a durable toy for small kids lots of small parts can be broken off. not a toy for a lot of tough action for recommended ages.

Rate and Discover Movies