5.0 out of 5 stars OF COURSE this also works with the console!
Published on July 1, 2007 by another busy mom...

3.0 out of 5 stars V-smile pocket car charger
Received in a very timely manner, acutally arrived quicker than I expected. Great price. Very pleased. Would purchase from this seller again.
Published on December 28, 2010 by Rita M. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars OF COURSE this also works with the console!, July 1, 2007
This review is from: VTech - V.Smile - V.Smile Pocket Car Charger (Toy)
I have a v-smile console and lots of cartridges, and when I saw this car charger I was very excited at the possibility of using it in the car with the console that my sons already use with our SUV's DVD entertainment system. We had been using the batteries which worked fine, but wanted to avoid the screaming that came along with the batteries running out during a long trip.

I looked at the company website, which made no mention of using the car charger with the console, but interestingly enough the website did say that the AC adapter for the console also worked with the Pocket V-Smile. Hmmmmm. So I called the company, and the very unfriendly customer service rep would not answer my question -- does the car charger work with the console? The company line was stated over and over "the car charger was made to work with the Pocket V-Smile." I asked why if the AC adapter worked with the Pocket would the car charger not work with the console? Again the same statement. That was all the information I needed.

I immediately ordered the car charger, and yes, it works perfectly with the console unit! Why this is such a big secret I don't know, since I could have kept using the batteries (and this would NOT have "made" me buy a Pocket unit!). The purchase of the car charger was money very well spent considering how much my kids love playing this thing and how much time we spend in the car.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, March 31, 2006
This review is from: VTech - V.Smile - V.Smile Pocket Car Charger (Toy)
This is a must have for any child with a V-Smile. It is especially great for long trips saving the battery life for when you get to your destination.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Accessory for the V.Smile Pocket, January 15, 2008
This review is from: VTech - V.Smile - V.Smile Pocket Car Charger (Toy)
My son is 4 and he loves his V.Smile pocket. It is easy to understand and grasp a hold of. The V.Smile Pocket car charger makes it easy to take with us on long trips and not have to worry about batteries.
The only things I would do different with this product is make the cord longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does it's job, October 28, 2013
This review is from: VTech - V.Smile - V.Smile Pocket Car Charger (Toy)
I like that it's long enough to reach the backseat from the plug. I also love that it saves on the battery life of the game, which is a great thing on road trips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very durable, October 14, 2013
I bought this car adapter for long car rides and to stop buying batteries. It also is adaptable with the Leap Pad 2. It is not a perfect fit but it does work.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, May 11, 2013
This review is from: VTech - V.Smile - V.Smile Pocket Car Charger (Toy)
What can you say. IT CHARGES. IN YOUR CAR. BUY IT IF YOUR KID PLAYS IT A LOT. YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Charger as expected, September 2, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: VTech - V.Smile - V.Smile Pocket Car Charger (Toy)
This charger is compatible with the v-smile pocket as stated in the description. Basically, if you have a pocket and need to charge it instead of using batteries all the time, this will do the job. I would caution you on using it if you have a particularly large vehicle or if your a/c adapter is far from where your kids sit. My place to plug in is in the console between the driver and passanger, and my vehicle is a sedan, so it has no problem reaching my son in the back seat, but if you had a big vehicle or the only place to plug it in was in the dash I don't think you could get it to reach anywhere near your back seat. So, check where your plugs are first as the cord is a decent length, but not definitely not long.

4.0 out of 5 stars Convenient for trips, November 18, 2011
This review is from: VTech - V.Smile - V.Smile Pocket Car Charger (Toy)
I liked that this adapter allowed my daughter to play her game on the road and saved us on the purchase of batteries. I just wish the handheld game itself was made as well as this adapter!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love having this, January 30, 2011
At-home-mom (Perrysburg, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech - V.Smile - V.Smile Pocket Car Charger (Toy)
My kids (5 year old twins) love playing their V-Smile handheld games in the car. It was always a huge issue when one or both would have to stop playing because their games ran out of batteries, especially when I was somewhere that it wasn't convenient to stop and buy more. I love having these car chargers with me at all times in the car so I never have to worry about power. They keep my kids happy, and save me money on batteries.

3.0 out of 5 stars V-smile pocket car charger, December 28, 2010