Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football Baby Sale

VXi BlueParrott® B250-XT Xtreme Noise Suppression(TM) Bluetooth Headset
Package Type: Standard PackagingChange
Price:$79.00+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on August 31, 2009
I've owned so many different types of bluetooth headsets it's not funny. I've used Blueant, Motorola's, Sony's, you name it. I don't care what kind of special technology is in there, there is never any substitute for putting the microphone next to your mouth. Now combine the boom microphone with a really good noise cancellation, and you've got the perfect FUNCTIONING system.

I've used it most often on my bicycle (when i'm not wearing a helmet). I can ride in windy conditions and the person on the other end knows i'm on a bike only because i'm breathing hard. They don't hear the wind. Loud buses or traffic doesn't make a difference. I used it at the ROLLING THUNDER Harley rally here in DC. I swear I couldn't hear my own voice when i was talking, but the person on the other end hears me fine.

The buttons are very simple, and on/off/answer button, and an up and down volume buttons (total three buttons).

THE WORST PART is you look goofy. I'm embarassed walking into a supermarket wearing thing. NO, I'm NOT an aerobic instructor! On my bike, in my car, or in my house, I don't care, but out and about, I feel like a dork.

FUNCTION over FORM :)
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 6, 2010
Recently bought a Blueparrott 250XT and was worried about the battery, as others have had problems with that. I charged mine up the full time (and more) as they say in the instructions. I initially had problems, but they were my fault. I didnt read the instructions completely and when the light flashed red, I thought it was a battery problem. As it turns out, it indicated that it had disconnected from my cellphone's bluetooth system. I reconnected and it worked really well. My cell has disconnected a few times, but lately, it works well, I'm at a loss when I dont have it on. The noise cancelling works really well. The amplication on the earphone is great and compensates for my age-related hearing loss. A really great unit, feels good wearing it, not sure I'd wear it in the food store, but is it any worse than any of the earpiece units you see being used now? If I lost it would I buy another one? Yes...100% yes.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 21, 2009
I deliver noisy trucks for a living and have been disappointed with almost every headset and in-the-ear piece that I've tried. The biggest problem has been not enough volume, and sometimes complaints of poor audio on the other end. That was until I tried the Blue Parrott B250-xt. It works far better than any other unit that I have used both incoming and outbound. It has good battery life, and is very easy and comfortable to use. Best audio output, by far. I can't say enough about it !!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 29, 2011
I needed a handsfree device to use as a delivery driver. The little bluetooth thing people stick in their ear feels like I have a finger stuck in my ear all day. Uncomfortable, annoying and hard to use. I tried two different bluetooth speakers. They were unreliable and the only voice command they seem to recognize was "cancel." After researching a little I decided to give the over-the-head bluetooth sets a look. I could not find them locally available, no one seemed to stock them. Finally found a COBRA version at a nearby truckstop, but I had already decided I wanted to give the Blueparrot B250-XT the first chance.

I received the Blueparrot and the next day I was using it at work. It is comfortable to wear and feels secure. The controls are easy to use. After figuring out how to use the voice command features on my company cell phone via the Blueparrot, I am one very satisfied customer. I can now answer and initiate phone calls while never having to take my eyes off the road. And I can HEAR who I am speaking with!

It's too early to tell how duarable the product is or how long the batteries will keep recharge, etc. etc. But as of right now, Blueparrot has my vote.

AFTER 7 MONTHS OF USING THE BLUEPARROTT--- Didn't realize how much I had come to depend on this until I left it at home one day and tried to work without it. Had to go back home and get it. It is comfortable and works well. Would buy this product again without hesitation.

UPDATE 7/31/13: Needed a second over-the-head Bluetooth and bought this again without hesitation. Had to call their tech support because of an issue and was AMAZED at their customer service! People actually answered the phone and Aaron (tech support) resolved my issue immediately (which turned out to be my cell phone, not their product). Very refreshing to find such good customer service in our automated world of today. So very different than Verizon or AT&T to name just two that are horrible. BlueParrott headsets rock and so does their customer support!
on February 1, 2010
This is the best product. It totally blocks out any background noise. My husband drives a semi and when I talk to him I cannot here the noise of the semi. It is wonderful.
on June 12, 2009
This headset is made in china(too bad). The fit of the headset takes some getting used to (feels like the wire band is to short).
However it earns five stars because it works. lots of volume. the noise
cancelling works great. Nobody can tell when I'm on it. Easy well written instructions. It takes 12 full hours to charge it the first time
but both chargers 12volt/110 came with it and look to be good qaulity.
I would buy another one if it broke and will until you can show me a better unit
on December 5, 2009
I have the B250-XT model. I am a truck driver and have never before found any headset that works as well as this one. I can hear the person I am speaking with and I have been told it sound as if I am not even using a headset by everyone I have asked. There is much background noise in a truck, especially when we use the CB radio. This is the first headset I have used and been told by my mother that she couln't here the truck! This is easy to charge and once you read the instuctions...easy to set up. It keeps a charge for a very long time...I've never had it go dead on me as yet. I would definately buy this product again.
on September 27, 2010
One of those great ideas that works for certain situations (i.e. Smaller head, different phone?)

With my iphone 4, this headset fades in and out and is about 1/2 as loud as my Plantronics 925 on the outgoing volume. The fading is very noticeable on for the listener and verified by apple iphone tech support. Her comment was that I sounded great on the phone and on the 925.

I had called BP tech support and he did say they having some issues with the iphone 4 so there was nothing he could do about it. He was a bit condescending and tried to tell me it was because of the type of bluetooth in the iphone. I checked it and sure looks to me to be the identical 2.1 version.

As it is now, I have people asking me if I am there (can't hear me), say my voice fluctuates in volume, is of poor quality.
The incoming volume is so loud I had to turn down to almost minimum. That is fine with me, however, the phones volume controls do nothing to adjust ether volume. The incoming has to be done on the headset and the outgoing sound is not adjustable in the headset or the phone.

The voice command works great as do the redial although none of the button functions are similar to my other headsets, it is just a learning curve thing and some dropped calls to get it down.

The battery seems excellent and I have not run it out yet. 15 hours may be possible! Seems to charge fast as well.

The fit is not that great for my 7-5/8 hat size. I cannot get the mike in front of my mouth and the over the head strap will not extend as far as I would like it to.
Remember that the mike is directional and if you take the foam off you can see one side has "talk" moulded into it and that is the side to have facing your mouth. It is a little louder with the foam off.

This is a large, heavy headset. Be forewarned. I am used to over the head style so it is not as much of an issue for me as it might be for someone coming from an "in you ear" style. Also, in the heat, my ear sweats under the cushion. I leave it off my head above 80F.

In short, I would call the manufacture and check for phone compatibility first, then make sure you buy through a company with a liberal return policy such as Amazon proper so you don't get stuck with a headset that not satisfy the basic needs of a bluetooth headset.

If you have an iphone 4, I would look elsewhere for a BT solution that actually works.

To the BlueParrot, please make the boom and headband longer and list phone compatibility in an obvious place on the website.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 6, 2010
i bought the road warrior b250. i knew it would be big and clunky, but hey, i wanted industrial! 5 years on the road, and i know the difference between what the tin can sound and the ones that get drowned by 18 wheelers passing, or idling in traffic, and the real sound that good equipment can deliver.

so here it is: i can use my blue parrot, with both windows down, and radio playing so loud two people sitting side by side cant have a conversation. (like at a night club, yelling) it can hear, when i cant hear myself think.

Ive seen two sets of numbers, one says +10 hour talk time, the other says +16 hours. both are longer than my 9hr phone talk time. sooooo... if one talks for 5 of the 10 hours (ie half) then they will get half of the expected standby time. and if its extremely hot or cold, that does take away some use time. but its just like it was stated on the package... its a boat load of talk and standby time... AND it came with a normal AC wall plug, and a DC cigarette plug.

there does seem to be a bare bit of white noise when its quiet.. there just a little sound, kind of like how you can tell that the TV or RADIO is on, but has the volume muted? Some like it, some like me dont, and ive been assured i could fine tune that out, with a call to customer tech service... but if thats my only whine, then IM HAPPY with the product!

oh yeah, the company: shipping was fairly priced standard mail, with point and click tracking on the amazon account page. it delivered ontime, as stated.

satisfied cutomer,

kevin taylor
on May 25, 2013
let me tell you consumers if you want great quality in an headset the blue parrot is it. let me explain there are hundred's of great Bluetooth headsets out there. but with this headset it has a noise cancelling mic out of this world listen you can be on a speed boat or a motorcycle or like myself I drive a truck over the road and when I am on the phone all anyone hears is me no wind the radio roise is cut low and the and my blueparrot is awesome it is comfortable and the speaker volume I love it oh! the earpiece so comfortable and listen if your are in the trailor and you are expecting a call and you thank oh my I left my phone in the cab. don't worry the b250-xt will communicate with your phone I say 70 to 80 feet because from my tractor door to the back of the trailor is about 74 feet and I have been talking on my blueparrot and I have actually went futher than that and my phone never dropped my blue tooth so if you are a truck driver and you want the best blue parrot is it. the parrot is tough durable I have been in the pouring down rain and it has not affected the proformance of the parrot at all. give the blue parrot b250-xt try you want be sorry I know my first blueparrot I had for three years and when I brought this one I gave the other parrot to my son it is still running strong I just wanted another one. ok I am going to leave you with note the blueparrot is pretty I get a lot of compliments also and when people ask where I brought it. they have to have one. thanks so much
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...