Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Vacmaster 12 Gallon, 5 Peak HP, Wet/Dry Vacuum with Detachable Blower, VBV1210
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on September 28, 2009
I just got my vacuum last week and I pulled it out this weekend for it's trial run, on the list of chores for my new vac:

Empty out small pond in backyard for a cleaning
Clean up Dog Room
Blow out garage
Blow off Driveway leaves

I took out my Vac and put it together, VERY simple, attached the wheels that slide onto unit and then can be secured with one screw, attached the hose,nested all my attachemnts in their place ON the vacuum, slid on the water filter sleeve(provided), set aside the dry filter (provided) and off to the backyard pond I went!!

This vacuum has a great big drain plug for easy draining!! no lifting and dumping water out with this one, great suction, emptied out my little pond in no time at all, worked great!!

Then the dog room, vacuumed up everything and maybe a few things I didn't mean too, this vac has some great suction so be careful when vacuuming close to an item your not trying to vacuum, some people may find the powerful suction a fault, I think it's great, it's a heavy duty vacuum, if you want something less powerful then perhaps use a house vacuum?? They also have numerous different attachments I found that have brush attachments that will help ease the powerful suction when vacuuming say your rugs or car,You may want to consider this if you plan on using this for either of those purposes. It's on my list for future purchases.

Then it was time to blow out the garage and clear the leaves and dirt off the driveway. So easy!! one push of the button and you just lift the blower right off the vac, put on your attachments and you got yourself a blower. It's handle is easy to hold and the unit itself is not heavy, I was skeptical when I ordered this vac that the blower would not be powerful enough but I am happy to say I am very pleased with the power and it's suprisingly quiet(as far as blowers go)you would not need any type of earplugs while using this unit.

I am giving this unit a well deserved 5 stars, if your looking for a great vac with a little extra (detachable blower) then give this one a try,I think you'll be pleased with what you find.
11 comment|164 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2011
I'll start with the reasons I didn't give this vac 5 stars. I think there are good reasons for these, but #1. It's not as quick to move from vac to blower mode as my last one was. #2. The blower is a noticeably heavier than my last vac's was.
#3 The cord isn't as long as my last shop vac's cord was.

Now for the good stuff. This is a powerful and QUIET vac compared to my last one. I would bet that it's the reason the blower is heavier. I think the reason it's not as easy to detach from the main unit is that you have to remove a part to put on an adapter, this will probably prolong the vac's life.

So far I really like this new vac. It is very powerful. The manual says to wear goggles while using the blower and I can see why, it's so powerful that even on my first use I could easily see debris flying up into one's eye. You do not want to aim this blower at a person and you also want to be sure there aren't people near when you're blowing in case a sharp object was also present.

I also like that the attachments ride on the casters of the machine.
33 comments|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2011
I received the Vacmaster VBV1210 from Amazon.com today. So far, I am extremely pleased with this vacuum cleaner.

1) It was VERY easy to assemble. All you need is a Philips screw driver. It came with an easy to follow manual, but you really do not need it.

2) When I ordered this vacuum cleaner, I was a little concerned that it only had a 5-HP motor. Well, I can honestly say that it has more than enough suction for a typical homeowner. My wife asked me to first vacuum the carpeted stairwell leading down to our basement. This vacuum cleaner is not really designed to clean wall-to-wall carpet, but I figured it was worth a try. It ended up doing a great job! It has so much suction power, it was literally lifting the wall-to-wall carpet up an inch or two!! My wife was shocked that it could do that. I thought it was great! :)

3) Next, I went down to our unfinished basement and started to clean it out. It sucked up everything including screws on the floor as well as small wood chips.

4) The Vacmaster has a 2.5 inch hose, which is exactly what I wanted. My old Shop Vac only had a 1.5 inch hose, and it constantly got plugged up with debris. I do not think the Vacmaster will have that problem. Oh, by the way, this vacuum is really VERY quiet. I think it due to the fact that it came with a free "muffler" that easily screws onto the blower port. In comparison, my old Shop Vac was so loud, I had to use ear plugs!

Bottom line: I highly recommend the Vacmaster VBV1210. I was very impressed with the build quality as well as its performance. For the price, I do not think you will find a better vacuum for your home/workshop.
on June 13, 2012
I needed something to help me keep my water fountain clean. Before I got this, taking out the dirty water in the fountain was no fun. But now,,,,,, much easier. This thing is powerful and does the job that I need it to do. Of course, I will also use it to keep the car interior clean. And using it as a leaf blower will be a added plus this fall. It's well built and plenty strong. Excellent buy !!!!! :))))
review image
on August 10, 2012
We bought a house and completely remodeled the interior ourselves - we took down walls, insulation, tiles, floors, everything. Needless to say, we needed a good vacuum. And we got it. Never let us down. And we put it through hell. We vacuumed everything from drywall dust, to sludge from the boiler - never bogged down. It has great power, decent length power cord and hose, it is fairly light, the wheels are good. You can get additional attachments (for 2.5" hose) and store them right on the vacuum.

We use it with a Vacmaster VCFH Hepa Fine Dust Cartridge Vacuum Filter & Retai and Shop-Vac 9067200 10-14-Gallon High Efficiency Disposable Collection Filter Bag, 2-Pack with great results.

Now that the remodeling is done, my wife still picks it up from the basement and vacuums some parts of the house with it!

Oh, if you are wondering what the heck are you going to do with the blower - we certainly did not blow leaves (we never even tried as I think you can't beat a dedicated blower), but we used it to blow areas we couldn't vacuum when remodeling (narrow crevices, etc) and we didn't feel like unpacking, carrying and firing up the air compressor. So the blower came in very handy. All in all, I recommend it.
on October 13, 2011
Most people gave this vac a good review, then there were the random handful that said their motor burned out pretty quickly. I thought, "what the heck, it's probably just a couple of defective units, odds are I won't get one of those". Well, I wound up being one of the unlucky ones... I tested the shop vac out immediately upon receipt and sadly from the moment I turned it on it had a smell like it was burning and it would turn off and on intermittently. So needless to say, you are rolling the dice when purchasing this item. I returned mine immediately. On a side note, upon further research I decided to try out a very similar shop vac by Ridgid. It appears to be a bit more solidly built and after 1 day of use, I think I will be happy with this purchase. (Surprisingly, Home Depot has this item much cheaper than Amazon)
1111 comments|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2015
I recently bought a wet/dry vac by a famous household name and wound up incredibly disappointed with its poor build quality and lack of durability within the first few months, with multiple pieces breaking off under little physical duress. (They don't make 'em like they used to.) However, since taking a chance on the Vacmaster, this has proven to be a highly capable replacement and is meeting all of the expectations one would have for rigorous garage/household duties. Build quality here is excellent and the unit has been taking the usual bumps and crashes like a champ. Extremely satisfied with it so far.
on December 13, 2014
I know this may sound crazy but I have gone through so many vacuums in the last 5 years of owning Saint Bernards and everyone of them stated they can handle heavy volumes of pet hair....but not so much. When my husband told me his wet/dry vac broke (small one on sale 5 black friday's ago) it got me thinking....why don't I invest in a more powerful wet/dry vac and we can use it inside the house...not just for the cars and garage. So instead of wasting $30.00 on a small unit for the garage, I went looking for a larger size and larger hose that I know will not have any problems sucking up dog hair.

When looking at the selection on Amazon, I found myself gravitating towards this machine. It seemed to have all the things we needed but it was not a BEAST!! The things that were important to me were the sound, the large canister and the HP. After reading the reviews of others and this one, I found this one really had all that we needed and even a blower (which we really don't need but will come in handy).

Sound: It is not as loud as the small one we used just prior to this one. In fact, its about the quietest wet/dry vac I have ever heard. Many vacuums are even louder. Keep in mind it is a wet/dry vac, so its not like a dyson for being quiet, but its the best I have ever heard.

Large canister: Being a 12 gallon unit, it was a good size for us, not too small like the former one but not so huge that it takes 2 people to maneuver it. But it really hold a lot.

HP: This was important because many of my former vacuums had decent HP, but that dog hair needs extra! The HP seems to me to be more than 5 peak HP....and I have to be careful around small objects..because it can suck them up even when they are a foot away....and when I used it to clean my car, it sucked up a couple tools that were under the seat.....WOW!

Hose size: This was also very important to me. I am tired of the regular vacuums with the small hoses, even with good HP, they get clogged with the dog hair. This one has yet to get clogged...and between a husband that brings in the dirt, the dog hair, the dust bunnies and whatever else ends up on the floor, let me tell you that says something!

Overall, this is a great unit and I have no complaints so far!!
on April 16, 2015
I'll have to update this review after we've had it longer to comment on how it lasts because we just got it about a week ago. But I got it because one of my dogs is getting old and starting to pee on the carpet. I needed to soak the carpet with cleaner that would get down to the pad, but I also needed to be able to get that cleaner back out once it had time to work. This vac did a GREAT job!

It was actually the second one I bought because I didn't do enough research before my initial purchase. I went to Sears and got a 4gal/5hp Craftsman and paid $85 after tax. I got it home, put it all together, turned it on and knew immediately it wasn't going to cut it. Turns out, the CFM was only 57. I started looking on amazon and came across this model that was the exact same price (I paid $84 and some change with prime shipping) and this model has a CFM of 133. This was the highest CFM I was able to find on any brand/model under $100. There might be other ways to differentiate between the power to expect from a shop vac, but I don't really know anything about them and just used google to try to figure out the best way to decide for a newbie. It came already assembled, all I had to do was attach the hose and the wheels. We haven't actually tried the removable blower part on anything yet, but we tested it in our house and it's surprisingly powerful. I can see how it will come in handy in the future. I do suggest that you make sure the attachment is on very tight before you try the blower, because we didn't expect it to be that strong and we weren't careful and it blew the attachment clear across the room. We tried again after securing it better and it stayed on, no problem. Also, it has a 2.5" hose, which is nice because it has a larger surface area if you're doing things like cleaning carpet. The Craftsman I had originally bought only had a 1.25" hose. That was another thing I learned to look for in my first shop vac purchasing adventure.

As I said, I'll update after we've had it for awhile but just as an initial impression this was an awesome purchase. We're very satisfied.
on January 23, 2012
I bought this on the basis of Amazon reviews that raved about its suction power. It was replacing an old shop vac that had lower power and capacity. My primary intended use was to remove water and slush from a concrete garage floor in the winter. However, it is completely unusable for this purpose!

Cons:
-Lacks suction.. This is a fatal flaw. It will BARELY suck water from floor even with the smallest diameter (ie highest suction) attachment. Impossible for me to clean garage floor with a 1" nozzle. This is supposed to have 5 peak HP, but it is FAR less suction than my old 3 HP shop vac. Not sure if this is because of the detachable blower function, or just poor design. But I wouldn't recommend this vacuum unless you were planning to only use it to clean up saw dust or light objects from DRY surfaces. It completely fails as a "wet vac".
-Doesn't come with a decent floor attachment. There is a floor squeegee/suction available on Amazon that I haven't tried. The 6" floor nozzle it comes with will barely suck dry dirt/small pebbles off the floor, and won't suck water at all. I can't believe a vacuum of this power/price point doesn't come with a decent floor squeegee attachment.
-Power cord is too short. You will need to use an extension cord every time.
-Vacuum tube is too short, and too rigid. You can't reach through car without opening every individual door.

Pros:
-It is quiet and does come with a muffler
-Construction quality seems good. Good switches. Easy assembly. Fit and finish seems good.
-2 Year warranty

Overall I can NOT recommend. It fails at its primary function, which is to be a powerful vacuum. I'm sending mine back.