Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Vacmaster VJ1412P Professional Wet/Dry Vacuum, 14 Gallon, 6.5 HP
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 11, 2010
I have owned a few different brands of wet/dry vacs. This is the best one ever. The suction strength is excellent and I haven't had the frequent clogging problem I've had with others. The feature I must rave about most is the terrific hose. It is more flexible and comfortable for slinging over my shoulder and swurving around obstacles. The quality of the hose and all other parts seems better. I like the lime green color too. I glued the front wheels in place with adhesive because they constantly fell off.
on December 1, 2009
This wet/dry vac was designed by someone who actually used one for work. Drain hole for wet work, HEPA filters for cleaning up sanding dust, a place to store the attachments, and lots of attachments. Easy to maneuver. We love this machine!
on May 19, 2010
This is very powerful, the pouch is convenient, the handle is sturdy and useful and the large wheels help get this beast around. The attachments do not stay in place very well when carried onboard. I bought a reduction adapter from 2.5" to 1.25" for my old attachments. The adapter just falls off because it is too loose. The attachments that came with the vacuum fit better, but they are also loose.

This unit is bagless for wet and dry vacuuming. My other shop-vac used a bag for dry vacuuming - I'm not sure whether this bagless version is better or worse, since I haven't had to empty it yet. The lid fits well, but it does not produce a tight seal. Again this has not been a problem yet, so only time will tell.

I'll update the review after I use it for a month or two.
33 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Here ya go folks! This vac will solve all your problems. No expensive paper bags to purchase, Better size and easy to control. The hose that comes with this unit is very flexible and is much larger than the normal shop-vacs that you buy at Lowes or Homedepot. I went thru several of those type vacs, the switch always burned out and I felt as these were just cheap chinese disposable vacs.. Another good point I want to make is keep all your hoses and attachments from those other shop vacs, although they are smaller in diameter, they will also fit on this vac, and "YES" you can use them all. The best feature is the Vacmaster has holders all around the outside, above the wheels and in behind that hold all the large attachments. But Wait! You can also put all your smaller attachments inside them too. There is a small hole for small attachments surrounded by a larger ring for the large attachments. The bag holds most everything else. Since there is no more dust bags to buy, you just need to empty this unit and shake off the filter..thats it! You can rinse with the green drum with a garden hose, just unscrew the plug on the bottom front, all clean! I reccommend......
on August 18, 2010
Assembly simple,motor quite can run in basement workshop without others upstairs hearing,impressed with the assortment of attachments, ease of movement and power. This is my forth wet-dry and the best one yet. Not being familar with the brand I was afraid but not any more.
on July 29, 2011
Like other reviewers, I have owned many shop vacs over the past quarter century, but none has impressed me the way this one has. The design is great and very efficient. The power cord and the hose are both very flexible and easy to work with... simple features that seem to elude other shop vac makers. I have never had a vac that could handle pine needles without getting clogged. This one handles them without problem. I expected to be disappointed after reading the other rave reviews, knowing that I am a very picky buyer, but I am not. Oh, and by the way, it is amazingly quiet for such a strong unit. Great tools, great performance, great feature, easy to move from place to place, easy to assemble. What's not to like. This is the brand for me from now on.
on July 16, 2011
My old SHOP VAC hit my top ten hate list.
Got VacmasterVJ141P 14 gallon
Outstanding and the cart for all the attachments
GREAT BIG no clog hose 6.5 hp. I can`t wait to
vac my garage again Congratulations Vacmaster
Common sense clever NICE PRODUCT
on March 30, 2011
Very easy to assemble and very fast delivery. I noticed a burning smell when I first used the vacuum. All seemed OK, maybe paint on motor??? I will need to watch it in future uses. I like the hose retracting, it saves a lot of space hassle. I was expecting a stronger suction with the 6.5 H.P. motor but I guess it is what it is with the large diameter hose.
on July 26, 2011
i swear i've already written a review for this...but it could just be my brain messing with me. I entirely did not expect it to be so huge (even when i had the descriptions). I like it...the only flaw is its plastic so i can't just place it out side or it'll crack on me in this heat. I LOVE the wheels as its so easy to move around. I don't like how there is no handle to hold. My hand is small and so i have to grasp it with both hands at time. And the grip between the tubes are horrible. There is no actual grip so part way into vacuuming the tubes will just fall off. But its decent. I really like the vacum/blower combo.
on April 4, 2013
I'm a general contractor and use the heck out of my shop vacs, and I've always bought them from Sears. I bought this one because I liked the design and, I thought, that spending way more on the vac would give me an awesome vacuum. Boy, was I wrong. I still like the overall design, and I like the hose it comes with, too, but the machine sucks or, rather, it doesn't suck well. Any of my Sears vacuums outperform this one, even with a dirty filter. With this vac I find that I have to clean the filter constantly and it still works, more or less, ok, just not great. To top it off, the machine stopped working after less than a year. The company was fine about their warranty: they sent me instructions about sending it back--just the motor unit--and sent me a replacement. Problem is, it cost me $50 to UPS it to them as it was heavy AND oversized! When I asked for a reimbursement for the charges, or anything, I was told that they don't do that and, after all, they sent me a new vacuum with all those extra parts. I don't need extra parts on a vacuum that's almost new! I would never buy anything made by this company again, and would never recommend the product. Do yourself a favor: buy a Sears one. They're always on sale and, if it breaks (though mine never have), you can find a Sears everywhere.