Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Package Quantity: 1|Color: Black|Change
Price:$7.48+ Free shipping (Addon item)

VINE VOICEon December 6, 2007
This device is perfect for anyone who finds that they don't consume an entire bottle of wine at one sitting and would like to preserve the wine for as long as possible without it ruining. Wine can be an expensive luxury and there is nothing worse than having it turn to vinegar due to improper storage. This device is amazingly simple to use and works perfectly. Simply insert one of the rubber stoppers into the open bottle of wine, place the pump over the top and pump about 5 to 6 times until you hear a distinctive "clicking" sound and you are done. All of the excess oxygen in the bottle has now been removed and the wine is vacuum sealed. When ready to re-serve the wine, simply press the nib on top of the stopper to release the vacuum, remove and serve. It couldn't be any easier or simpler. Well worth the price and you may want to consider purchasing the extra stoppers if you tend to have more than a couple of bottles open at any one time.
77 comments| 220 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2008
This is a great product. I've also found that it can keep coffee fresh, too: just clean out and dry an empty wine bottle, put your coffee beans in the bottle, and seal the top.
22 comments| 174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 31, 2011
Works very well but directions are not useful. I went to utube to find a video demo which was helpful. Tips include wet the rubber stopper first before inserting in bottle. Then set the pump on top of the stopper and start pumping. It can take 10-15 pumps to get to the clicking sound. The more wine left in the bottle the less pumps.
on February 11, 2011
My wife and I regularly drink wine, but usually only have a glass per day, and with some wines, if you don't finish it the next day, it's awful the 3rd day. We bought this to save a little money and see if we could extend the life of our wines. It does work quite well, and exactly as they describe. You place the stopper in the bottle, pump the pump a few times until you hear a click and you're done. I will say this, it won't get you 10 days. In our experience, we get around 4 to 5 days using this device. Still worth the money, as you don't have to have the same wine 2 nights in a row just because you opened it the previous night and didn't finish the bottle.
on July 11, 2014
I'm sure this product work greats for bottles resting in the upright position. Unfortunately, in my case, our wine chiller is made for bottles that rest on their side. When used in this position, your bottles will leak. I've made several attempts to try and re-seal the bottles, but the product is just not made for that. So if your bottles are going to be laying on their side, you should explore other options.
33 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2008
Highly recommended for wines sensitive to oxidation. Great for preserving reds. Not for use on sparkling wines of any kind, though.
on March 15, 2008
If you enjoy a nice glass of wine and don't finish the bottle, you know how that great taste can change. Like many of you, we have purchased a number of wine savers and for the most part none of them work. Finally we found a winner. The Wine Saver works by pumping all of the air out of the bottle and keeps it fresh until you're ready to drink it again. It not only works, it works great; and it's easy to use. It even starts to create a clicking sound when the process is complete. It's a great product we give them as gifts and I recommend them to you.
on May 24, 2013
The pump arrived and failed miserably. First no instruction and the tops are not as the picture shows. I inserted top and pumped away for over one minute and created no suction on top. The pump handle creates no suction. I attached picture to show top and pump. Maybe I need a replacement? Can somebody confirm if the tops sent with the unit are correct.
review image
44 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2015
bought this a while ago but used it for the first time today. The head/handle/top of the pump came off on first use which was frustrating to say the least
review image
on May 20, 2013
Do not buy this product thinking you are getting a deal. It is falsely advertised as a VacuVin pump but it is not a VacuVin product. Nowhere on the pump is it labeled as such and the VacuVin products are clearly labelled. I don't know how this one compares, but I'm not going to try it out. It is going right back to Amazon.