Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

Package Quantity: 1Color: BlackChange

VINE VOICEon December 6, 2007
This device is perfect for anyone who finds that they don't consume an entire bottle of wine at one sitting and would like to preserve the wine for as long as possible without it ruining. Wine can be an expensive luxury and there is nothing worse than having it turn to vinegar due to improper storage. This device is amazingly simple to use and works perfectly. Simply insert one of the rubber stoppers into the open bottle of wine, place the pump over the top and pump about 5 to 6 times until you hear a distinctive "clicking" sound and you are done. All of the excess oxygen in the bottle has now been removed and the wine is vacuum sealed. When ready to re-serve the wine, simply press the nib on top of the stopper to release the vacuum, remove and serve. It couldn't be any easier or simpler. Well worth the price and you may want to consider purchasing the extra stoppers if you tend to have more than a couple of bottles open at any one time.
77 comments207 of 214 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2008
This is a great product. I've also found that it can keep coffee fresh, too: just clean out and dry an empty wine bottle, put your coffee beans in the bottle, and seal the top.
22 comments164 of 171 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 31, 2011
Works very well but directions are not useful. I went to utube to find a video demo which was helpful. Tips include wet the rubber stopper first before inserting in bottle. Then set the pump on top of the stopper and start pumping. It can take 10-15 pumps to get to the clicking sound. The more wine left in the bottle the less pumps.
0Comment65 of 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2011
My wife and I regularly drink wine, but usually only have a glass per day, and with some wines, if you don't finish it the next day, it's awful the 3rd day. We bought this to save a little money and see if we could extend the life of our wines. It does work quite well, and exactly as they describe. You place the stopper in the bottle, pump the pump a few times until you hear a click and you're done. I will say this, it won't get you 10 days. In our experience, we get around 4 to 5 days using this device. Still worth the money, as you don't have to have the same wine 2 nights in a row just because you opened it the previous night and didn't finish the bottle.
0Comment49 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2013
The pump arrived and failed miserably. First no instruction and the tops are not as the picture shows. I inserted top and pumped away for over one minute and created no suction on top. The pump handle creates no suction. I attached picture to show top and pump. Maybe I need a replacement? Can somebody confirm if the tops sent with the unit are correct.
review image
44 comments48 of 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2008
Highly recommended for wines sensitive to oxidation. Great for preserving reds. Not for use on sparkling wines of any kind, though.
0Comment25 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2008
If you enjoy a nice glass of wine and don't finish the bottle, you know how that great taste can change. Like many of you, we have purchased a number of wine savers and for the most part none of them work. Finally we found a winner. The Wine Saver works by pumping all of the air out of the bottle and keeps it fresh until you're ready to drink it again. It not only works, it works great; and it's easy to use. It even starts to create a clicking sound when the process is complete. It's a great product we give them as gifts and I recommend them to you.
0Comment63 of 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2014
I'm sure this product work greats for bottles resting in the upright position. Unfortunately, in my case, our wine chiller is made for bottles that rest on their side. When used in this position, your bottles will leak. I've made several attempts to try and re-seal the bottles, but the product is just not made for that. So if your bottles are going to be laying on their side, you should explore other options.
22 comments27 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2010
We have had our set for over 6 years. The same set, never broken. This year, it starts to get "sticky" and finally get a little hard to push through (the pumper), so I rubbed some vaseline on it, and viola! good as new. This is one of the neatest, most useful toys for people who don't drink a whole bottle each time! One very nice feature ... this topper gives a clicking sound when the air is fully sucked out. So you don't have to keep pumping and wonder if you've done your job!

What we discovered, in addition to enjoying this ourselves, is to give this as a Christmas present. Everyone we have gave this to (at least 9 people now), and every single person has been impressed by it, and thought "what a great idea!" (as far as saving wine is concerned).

Anyhow, fully endorse this brand and this product.
0Comment23 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2009
We've owned and used this wine saver now for about three years. It saves our wines quite nicely. We put a saver on our white wine, and lay the bottle on its side in the refrigerator. No drips or leakage. Our red wines, which we leave out, depending on the quality of the wine, retains its taste for a few days. We've since then purchased a set and extra plugs for my husbands parents. They also like it. Buy it. Its cheap and saves your wine.
11 comment18 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse