Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Package Quantity: 1|Change

on May 1, 2002
The wine saver is great in so many ways. Obviously it's wonderful to be able to open a bottle of wine and have it stay good for a day or two, especially if you just like one glass with dinner. This lets you open up and enjoy more expensive wine since you won't waste the whole rest of the bottle. If you are interested in learning about wines, you'll probably want to open up 2 or more wines at a time to compare them, and this way you won't waste anything. The wine saver will keep the undrunk portion until the next time. I do recommend putting the bottle in the fridge if you don't drink it the next day. Just pull the bottle out an hour before you want to drink it if it's red.
on September 17, 2002
I've been using Vacu Vin's previous model for years and have been happy with it. The one downside of the earlier offering was that wine lovers never knew when a vacuum was achieved. I used to overpump just to make sure the wine-damaging oxygen was out of the bottle.
I got this model in Napa a few months ago and I'm glad I did. While it doesn't deliver on its Concerto promise, it does give you reassuring clicks when a vacuum has been reached, enabling you to stop pumping sooner. It's a nice refinement.
The only downside over the previous model is that it won't work with the marinating device sold separately because the bottom is configured differently from the earlier model.
on January 4, 2003
I have used both this product and the standard (cheaper) Vacu-Vin...pay the premium and buy this product, as it is SUBTANTIALLY easier to use.
In addition to being more stylish than the standard Vacu Vin, the stoppers on this product are easier to use and the pumping mechanism "clicks" when you have pumped enough air out of the wine bottle...the standard model just leaves you guessing about how much air has been removed.
on November 25, 2004
The Concerto worked well for about the first 50 bottles then seized up. Required a little cooking oil to free it up. Then after 100 bottles, pieces of the pump fell out the bottom. Good concept, poor reliability.
44 comments|26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2004
Mine worked for a while, but then seemed to start to stick, which made it impossible to pump anymore. I tried soaking the entire mechanism several times in soap and water, but it still doesn't work. I initally liked the clicking feature and sleeker design of this model, but have gone back to using the old version, since this one stopped working.
on December 31, 2003
I use the wine saver almost daily to seal my favorite merlots. I have never lost a bottle of wine since I began using it about 8 months ago. Recently the unit suddenly froze up and would not work until I lubricated it with a little vegetable oil. Unfortunately after that it no longer clicked when a seal was reached. I decided to contact Vacu Vin directly via e-mail. What a pleasant surprise when I received a reply asking me to mail them the unit for immediate replacement. My new unit arrived several days later. I give the product 4 Stars but the company gets 5 Stars for customer service.
on June 3, 2005
I wish another company would make the same product with better quality. Although the concept is spot on, there's a problem with the rubber o-ring inside the pump - it will slide out of place and jam up the pump so that it becomes unusable. My first one lasted about 9 months before that happened, so I was willing to try again. The second one, however, lasted less than a month before the o-ring slipped and the pump jammed. There is no way to open it up to fix it. So until they fix this problem, this product is hit or miss. Caveat emptor!
on December 4, 2003
I gave this product five stars in my original review, but now it's down to three. I prefer the look and feel and the clicking confirmation that tells you when to stop pumping of the Concerto over Vacu Vin's original model , but it hasn't proven to be as durable. Less than a year after I got it, the pump seized up and couldn't be used until I sprayed some WD-40 lubricant in it. It worked fine for over a year until the bottom of the pump mechanism broke off completely. I've taken the original model out of mothballs.
33 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2015
Ordered this product with great excitement, only to be slowly let down each and every step of the way.

First off, the package arrived dented to hell like it's been on the clearance rack for way too long. When we opened the package, all the contents were everywhere inside the box (not a huge surprise knowing the condition of the packaging). But so what, who cares about the box, you throw it away right?

Well, that's when we decided to give it a try. It took about 15 minutes to get our first suction done correctly on a wine bottle after reading the instructions and even watching a video on YouTube (I swear we aren't idiots). When we got it to work, it was pretty exciting! We thought, "oh, maybe it was this first time that took so long... learners curve".... nope. These things just are impossible to get suctioned on each and every time, in a quick and easy manner.

Turns out, the type of wine bottle was throwing us for loops. On certain wine bottles we were able to achieve suction instantly, didn't take many pumps at all. But on other wine bottles.... there was just no way in hell these things were staying on. Not sure if we got a bad batch of sealer thingys or what, but this little wine sealer is now sitting in our bar's cabinet collecting dust.

Just drink the whole bottle and save yourself the headache!
on August 13, 2002
I was very skeptical when I bought this item, so imagine my amazement when I discovered that it actually works! Prior to buying VacuVin, my red wine bottles would last a maximum of 1-2 days if immediately re-corked, and white wine a few days longer if refrigerated. Now, my red wine is good for up to a week, and the white wine lasts even longer. The device is very simple - it pumps air through a plastic cork to re-create the original pressure prior to opening. Simple to use, and the corks are easy to rinse. Perfect for single people like me who don't want to drink a full bottle in one sitting, or who may switch from red one night to white the next.