5.0 out of 5 stars FLAWLESS..., May 25, 2010
This review is from: Vagabonds Kings Warriors Angels (Audio CD)
Words simply do not provide enough justice to the complete box set of one of, if not, the most 'complete' classic rock band to ever exist. If you do not own this box set, I highly recommend you get it whenever feasibly possible. I was never on the Thin Lizzy bandwagon w/ Boys are Back in Town, Whiskey in the Jar... I never purchased any of their albums until I found this gem on Amazon.

I have the Zeppelin, Sabbath, Doors, Clapton, Hendrix and SRV box sets which are absolutely phenomenal, but for some reason I keep going back to the Thin Lizzy set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vagabonds Kings Warriors Angels, December 12, 2009
This review is from: Vagabonds Kings Warriors Angels (Audio CD)
This is a superb collection of THIN LIZZY material including the raw early recordings of the three piece band in the early days, the early stiff with Robertson and Gorham, the rich seam they then hit in the mid 70's, Moores addition, snowy white years and the re-invigorated input final album stuff from John sykes. This compilation is well balnaced and includes tracks not on previous albums only released as 'B' sides on the singles and some unreleased tracks which are very good. The compilation covers Lizzy greatest material in addition to the hit singles as I think although they ha some hit songs the better tracks were the album tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Buy, October 17, 2011
This review is from: Vagabonds Kings Warriors Angels (Audio CD)
This 4 CD Ear Book release gives a good insight into and overview of the musical career of Phil Lynott, predominantly as a member of his band Thin Lizzy, of course.

It contains selected tracks from all twelve Thin Lizzy studio albums, complemented with rarities, outtakes, live tracks and a few Lynott solo tracks.

The selected album tracks are in most cases well-chosen, although there will be some strong tracks missing, especially from the two masterpieces of1976 "Jailbreak" and "Johnny the Fox". Among others I think of "Running Back" from "Jailbreak " and "Borderline," "Old Flame" and "Sweet Marie" from "Johnny the Fox". It is recommended to buy these two albums separately.

The book part of this release contains many fine photographs, but only a relatively brief biography of Lynott and his group, and it comes out most of all as a picture book aimed at seasoned fans.

Among the rare tracks I found the early Dylan / Band-inspired "Farmer" interesting. Also "Half Caste" from 1975 is among the pleasant surprises.

All in all a good buy at a fair price

5.0 out of 5 stars Phil Lynott you rock, March 5, 2013
chichi (New Zealand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vagabonds Kings Warriors Angels (Audio CD)
This book brings out another side of the Thin Lizzy/Phil Lynott story and I love having it in my collection. The photos are great, a lot I didn't have so it's a treasure. After reading "My Boy" by Philomena Lynott, and "The Rocker" by Mark Putterford, my interest in reading about this rock legend is peaked again. I recommend it to any Lizzy fan.

Vagabonds Kings Warriors Angels
Vagabonds Kings Warriors Angels by Thin Lizzy (Audio CD - 2006)