Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Vagden Quick Dry Coolmax Military Combat Boot Liner Socks (6 Pairs)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 14, 2010
I've used these socks on 12 mile hikes, in the rain, with different pairs of boots, and different types of socks. I've worn far more expensive liner socks before as well, and these have been the best socks I've worn. The price for them is also fantastic.

Know that these socks are very thin and are meant to be worn underneath a separate pair of boot socks. They are not meant to be worn by themselves.
These are not socks, they are SOCK LINERS. They are made of Coolmax (a great technical fabric) and do their job well.

These boot sock liners are meant to be worn as adjunct liner to a sock like the one I wear which is Thorlo Unisex Anti Fatigue Boot Sock with X-STATIC®. These are not meant to be socks on their own, they are meant to be a wicking underlayer to a good sock like Thorlo. They are part of a system that will help maintain foot health under boots.

As an Army vet and someone who is involved with volunteer EMS work, foot health while wearing boots is a must for me. If your feet get sweaty and blistered, your work becomes a lot harder (if not impossible). These Coolmax liner's are tall and fit well under my Thorlo sock and in my Men's 5.11 Tactical® ATAC 8" Side - zip Boots without adding needed bulk. They provide sweat prevention so that my feet stay dry during the Winter and should do the same in the Summer as needed (although I will opt for a thinner outer sock at that time). Blister prevention is the key.

If you buy these, know that you are buying a LINER, not a sock. They are an add-on. These wash up great, stay up on the calf fine and are a great buy.

5 Stars.
on October 14, 2010
Good liner sock, I wear them while biking/walking on those cooler mornings, and can be worn on its own, though a bit thin. I could see wearing out the heel/toe quickly if worn by itself. Very comfortable under a regular/winter sock, and long enough to keep my exposed leg warm (i ride fixed gear) at under the calf length (Im 6'5"). For the money a definite winner.
on April 17, 2013
I first bought these about 4 months ago for my husband for Christmas. I was skeptical because of the mixed reviews but I agree with what others have wrote - If you wear these LINERS as liners then they are perfect. My husband is in the military and these are great because they go up far enough to cover where his high boots go. He absolutely loves them. He has worn them under and over other socks and either way, they work to keep the mositure off his feet. They are intended to be worn under other socks but like I said, they hold up either way. Also, I've done a lot of shopping around and they are the best deal. Don't waste your money on the name brands that cost you $12.00 a pair. None have ripped or worn after 4 months on continuous use. I just purchased another pack because he likes them so much.
on November 7, 2010
Although one of the six pairs got a run in it, it did not noticeably affect the wearablility, and overall they are warm in cold weather, and not uncomfortable in hot weather
on January 25, 2011
This is a great liner sock and very reasonable priced. They are very comfy and will keep your feet dry and help prevent blisters when hiking. They are very soft as well. ONe note: as stated by others these are very long. I got the medium size and they come up to my knees. I am about 5'8" and wear a size 8.5 shoe and size 9 boot. They aren't loose, just long. Other than that I love them. I am pleased with this product.
on August 1, 2011
I bought these because I felt I had tried everything else to avoid blisters from hiking. The socks are sized for a bigger foot (I wear size 6 1/2 womens), but still performed beautifully. Even with the 97F degree heat, and wearing under my normal hiking socks, I did not have blisters for the first time after 7+ mile hikes. I'm not sure how they will hold up long-term, but I've washed the two pair I've used several times already and these are just like new.
on June 16, 2011
i use tactical boots for my job, and when i first got them they would rub my shins dry, but these socks prevented that from occurring. these socks are also extremely comfortable, thin, and keep your foot dry and cool all day. i work in the south so that is a must have for me. highly recommend these socks!!
on February 14, 2015
The sock liners that I normally buy from Amazon have been discontinued. So I bought these hopping for the best. Not the best at all.
These are like the nylons my wife wears. They are super thin and because of the material,they slid down as fast as you pull them up. I have been wearing sock liners for years and I will not be wearing these to work. Can't stand two pairs of socks at the end of my boots. I've never had sweating on my feet till I wore these.
on September 25, 2013
I bought these because of the quick dry claim. THAT they do!!! Run them through the washer, pull them out, wave them around a bit and you can practically put them right on. I wore them, washed them several times and liked them so much, I bought another 6 pair from the same place. I even used the same order info.

The second lot were a different color, more navy than black, and a slightly different material. Several had top elastic so tight that it hurt. It's almost more like wire than elastic. I'm having to cull out the bad ones as I try to put them on. Recently one came out of the wash with the toe seam unraveling after about 3 washes.

So, now I have 12 pair of socks that almost match and I'm concerned how long they'll actually hold up. :-( Granted they were not that expensive, but $5/pair is more than I'd ever paid...