4.0 out of 5 stars A good Stroller
Published 17 months ago by Hannah2706

3.0 out of 5 stars Do You Need Reversible Seats?
Published 17 months ago by A. Allen

3.0 out of 5 stars Do You Need Reversible Seats?, February 8, 2013
This review is from: Valco Baby Open Box 2012 Spark Duo Double-Stroller Blackout (Baby Product)
This stroller would be good for twins, or for a baby and a toddler IF having reversible seats is very high on your priority list when buying a stroller. My baby was used to facing me in our Vista and she was very fussy in the forward-facing Mountain Buggy Duet we tried prior to buying the Spark Duo, so I needed a double that could have her facing me with my 2 yr old son facing forward. For that purpose, it worked. However now that my baby is old enough to face forward I have sold this stroller and bought something more comfortable for both kids. The main reason I sold it is because the seat is uncomfortable for my son, who just turned 2.5. When you convert the seat from a bassinet to a seat, the place where the child sits is too low in the frame, so that there is plenty of head clearance but not enough space between the seat and the "footrest." Either your toddler will dangle his legs over the hard lip of the seat frame or bunch his legs up high to rest his feet on the legs. Either way it is uncomfortable.

Other things I did not like about this stroller are that the basket is very low to the ground (drags over the edge of the stair) and the stroller is rather hard to push. You will get a work out getting this thing up a hill. I have also used a Mountain Buggy Duet and Bumbleride Indie Twin, neither of which took as much effort to push as this one when loaded with the same two kids. The small wheels in the front of this stroller don't handle bumps well either. Switching the seats from forward to backward isn't terribly hard, but not particularly smooth either. Not possible to do with a baby in the seat. The stroller does have a small footprint, which was nice.

All that said, there are very few side-by-side double strollers with reversible seats on the market. If you aren't crazy about the Bugaboo Donkey (or its price tag) or the Stroll Air Duo, this is your only other option. So if you really want reversible seats, it could be the stroller for you. If I were expecting twins I would probably buy this stroller again. However, if you are looking for something you can use long-term with toddlers and 2-3 year olds, I would not recommend it. It was worthwhile for us because it got us through the period when our baby preferred facing backwards, but I'm happy now to sell it and get something that's easier to push and easier to convince my 2.5 year old to ride in.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good Stroller, February 9, 2013
I like this stroller. I bought it as the cheaper version of the bugaboo. The biggest downfall is that if you chose to have the seats in any option besides BOTH forward facing, you cannot fold the stroller down without taking the seats off. The seats do pop off easily but still, it's annoying. Other than that one problem, I love it. Really nice ride and being 29.5' wide it just fits through every doorway. The fabric is a little cheap, but easy to clean. Overall nice stroller for a first model. A bit pricy for the quality. (I have a 15 month old boy and a 7 week old girl so having the bassinet option and reversible seats is very nice)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pictures, August 28, 2013
Can anyone tell me how the Spark Duo is for older children? Anyone have any pictures? I'm having a very difficult time finding reviews but the stroller looks great. Just want to know more about it

Rate and Discover Movies