Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Valco Twin Trimode - color: Sunrise Navy
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 25, 2008
Pros: easy to fold, very comfortable for children, seats are easy to adjust, narrow, highly maneuverable, lots of storage, rain guard easy to use and install, adjustable handlebar, lots of accessories such as a snack tray, toddler chair, etc.

Cons: expensive; not as usuable in airport

How long we've had it: 3 mos.

Use of stroller: Used for intermediate jogging and as everyday stroller

I love this stroller! After our second son arrived, I started looking around for double strollers (our children are 19 mos. apart) and settled for a Maclaren Twin Triumph. It is a really good stroller, very lightweight, easy to fold BUT my husband wrecked it pretty easily in less than a year. As my husband was running to our car, he was going up an uneven curb and ended up flipping the stroller over. The kids were fine and didn't have a scratch on them but the frame was bent on one side in the back. The problem with the Twin Triumph is that the wheels are small and can flip the stroller easily if you don't go up the curb at the right place. So, we decided to go with my original first choice which was the Valco Twin Trimode. I LOVE THIS STROLLER! First of all, our children love this stroller too. My oldest, now 34 mos., loves to climb in and out of the stroller. They fall asleep when tired very easily in this stroller. There is ALOT of great storage space. Also, my husband and I are very different in height (he's 6'1" and I'm 5'2") so the adjustable handlebars are nice. Wheels are good enough to use as a jogger...we used it at a recent 5K race and plan on using it again at our next one. It is also very easy to maneuver, most of the time using only one hand. I have never had any problems taking it into the dressing room while trying on clothes. Also, it is a bit narrower than it looks. I have been able to fit it into narrow doorways with ease. Finally, the rain guard is set up for easy removal of the children with the cover staying on.

The only problem I have with the stroller is that it would be bulky to use at the airport. BUT, we have a 1998 Honda CRV and we put our Trimode Twin AND a Maclaren Volo in the back. We even have room left over for our groceries! We've also fit it into our Honda Civic Hybrid for a long weekend. In addition to the stroller in the trunk of our civic, we were also able to fit our bags in there as well.
on October 8, 2007
I love this stroller. I was a bit nervous ordering something this expensive sight unseen, but it is fantastic. It is light, easy to push, easy to get up and down curbs, fits through the very narrow aisles at our local market, has great storage, and is really reflective. Most importantly, it is the only stroller with a tall enough seat back for my very tall four year old. It also fits my eighteen month old comfortably. The only issue is that there is a stabilizing bar across the top that would keep the four year old from being able to lay back with the seat lowered, but all he really wants to do is lean forward a bit to see better so this doesn't seem to be an issue. One of the best features is that the bar that fits across their laps is adjustable, so there is plenty of room for the four year old's knees. The stroller is very stable and seems very well made. The only missing feature is a hand break, but that would be a challenge with the two front wheels. I highly recommend it.
on March 11, 2008
With 4 kids under the age of 5 I've tried many kinds of strollers. This by far is the best one yet. I purchased this a few months before my twins were born. It is easy to fold, fits in my van easily and has tons of storage. The best feature of this stroller is the way it handles and turns. I can literally spin the entire stroller around in a circle with one finger. The wheels turn effortlessly and I can easily jog with my 18 month old twins on trails up and down hills. An extra bonus (which is not advertised) is that my 3 and 5 year old can sit on the front foot rest when we are at the mall. Wow....4 kids on one stroller!

I also have a front to back stroller which is ok but I found that there was fighting over who got to sit where, some hair pulling, and the child in the back did not have a good view. As the kids get older the front to back strollers are heavy and hard to push.
The Valco stroller definetly was worth the price. I do wish it came with a second cup holder for times when my husband and I both bring our coffee out with us, but I'm sure one could be purchased seperately. Overall I think that you get what you pay for and this stroller has everything you would need plus some extra bells and whistles.
on July 25, 2008
Even though this stroller is not the "heaviest" around, once you fold it flat it's awkward to pick up and lift into the trunk. It IS VERY heavy. There is no handle or designated way to conveniently lift it to distribute the weight. If you are a smaller (yet quite strong)individual like myself 112lbs, 5 "1, you'll find it a bit difficult to load and unload. This stroller has been described as a MONSTER many times - Joggingstroller.com and it's a valid concern. I'm going to have to give it up because it's just not practical for an "everyday" stroller to take in and out of the car frequently. Luxurious? yes. Rides/drives like a dream? yes. Lots of storage? yes. Full recline? yes. Accomodates carseats? yes. Easy and practical for everyday use? NO! If you only want this stroller for the jogging part to use occasionally or a few times a week... maybe this will work for you. Otherwise, it's just not practical for everyday use.