Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 20, 2007
These are by far the best gloves I've used even better than the harbinger gloves I reviewed. These gloves are very Thick on the palm, thicker than any gloves I've used providing real good protection from blisters and sores. I have not gotten one blister or sore since using these and the wrist wrap is the best on these gloves.

EDIT:January 21, 2013 As of my last review from about 6 years ago they used to be good and I used to love and constantly order these gloves, But that all changed when I received the new ones. To my shock Valeo did a complete over haul on their once great gloves. I mean what happened, the gloves are thinner no longer have the tough padding that it use to there for the glove no longer provides protection from callus and blisters. The fingers are horrible they aren't padded anymore and feel real flimsy like paper as of a matter of fact paper is better ( not literally just an expression) Valeo really needs to bring back the good old ocelot gloves or their going to continue to lose customers. In conclusion I no longer use these gloves or any of Valeo's stuff I have now made the switch over to Schiek USA and the best thing about Schiek's gloves and belts is there made here in the USA!!! And not only that there gloves have the thick padding I love and because of that have better build quality. For good measure on how good these ocelot gloves used to be and to give everyone an idea I lift four to five times a week and the ocelot stood up well for a good 2-3 years but the new ones only last 3 days out of the 4 to 5 days I lift for the week so heed the warning.
55 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2005
This is one of the BEST weightlifting gloves that I have found so far!! I like it so much, that I've bought a few pairs. These have very supportive wrist wraps that are adjustable to secure your wrist during lifting - to help prevent injury. The rest of the glove is terrific. It is thicker around the palm and fingers, so it provides EXCELLENT cushioning for those heavy lifts. I have not had one blister, or redness since I've started using these gloves, and I've been using them for over a year now. They are extremely comfortable. After a year of use, my gloves are still in perfect condition too. I've tried other brands, and the others tend to have thinner material around the palm and fingers, and this causes redness and blisters, so what's the use of using them? On the other hand, this Valeo Ocelot Wrist Wrap Weightlifting glove is perfect in every way!! Has support, comfort, and it looks great. I have the orange pair (GLOW), and I get lots of compliments at the gym too about how great they look. Well worth every penny. Way to go Valeo!!
on May 24, 2007
this is indeeded a great pair of lifting gloves : soft on the palm and elastic mat'l placed on the right slots.

why no five stars :

1. The sizing chart does not work, so you have to guess or based on your last gloves's size to order it

2. The gloves come in snug fit. My harbinger and other gloves's size is medium but for this brand i have to order large as medium is cutting off my fingers n palm circulation.

the manufacturer may think that the leather n the elastic mat'l will stretch overtime but by the time when the gloves feel right, it is also the time to replace a new pair so if in doubt order the next size up.
on December 30, 2007
It has been 2 1/2 years that I've owned my first pair of Ocelot gloves. They've finally served their purpose. The sporting goods store that I purchased my first pair from no longer exists. Nobody had them and so I decided to buy another brand. And it was a terrible choice and a terrible waste of money! Without going into specifics, the new pair of Harbinger gloves made me realize how GREAT the Ocelot gloves really are! Not only did the Harbinger gloves hurt my hand (it was the right size) but I might as well not have worn gloves at all. The Harbinger gloves made me wonder if the designers knew anything about the human hand at all.
The description of these gloves here on Amazon, and the descriptioins by the reviewers are completely correct. The palm is FULLY padded, no blisters. This glove doesn't restrict hand movement in anyway, while giving them, and the wrist, a great amount of stability. It has complete comfort. And I think they look great, although that is a decision for each individual buyer to make. I have absolutely no complaints about this product. It was the most expensive glove at the sporting goods store, but what does it matter when they last for over two years?

UPDATE: (January, 2014)
Unfortunately, just like the reviewer Anthony Holmes, I have to change my recommendation of Ocelot gloves. Since leaving my first review, this particular line of gloves has changed, material wise, and not for the better. The past 3 pairs of gloves have quickly fallen apart in the stitching. I don't mind doing a little sewing (despite how poor I am at it), but when you're having to repair something here and something there once a week... it's a different story. The newest pair of gloves I've purchased started out GREAT. They fit PERFECTLY, like they were made specifically for me. You might go to a sporting goods store and feel the same when you try on a pair of these gloves, but take your next step carefully. Within the first three weeks of owning my newest pair, the left glove began splitting apart; the leather strip that's located between the base of the thumb and back of the hand. I noticed that the "leather" here was EASILY tearable, I could rip a piece off (very gently, mind you) and then tear that piece in half just as easily. I don't know whether to call it a "bad batch" or something else. It just isn't what you'd want to see from a weight lifting glove, or ANY glove, for that matter. And now, the right glove has completely split, just above the wrist wrap, all along the wrist. Upon inspecting the "leather" that's stitched together with the wrist wrap, it looks like old rubber that's been exposed to the elements for several years; dried, cracked and just as easily tearable as the left glove's issue.
I'm sorry to leave a bad review, but even with the good price and perfect fit, the flaws are just too much to deal with.
on July 13, 2013
First I will say that this is not my first pair of Ocelot gloves. I've had the previous pair for several years and have loved them. Time came that I needed to replace them and I ordered these in the wrist wrap style ( in spite of bad reviews). First of all, they're very large. However, I decided to keep them because I like the padding they offer and I need the wrist support. The first time I wore them I noticed a rip in the seam of one of the fingers. Still decided to keep them. After the second week of wear, the elastic on the wrist wrap stretched out on the edges. In short, I agree with other reviewers who said that these gloves are not the quality product they used to be. Hope the company can look at the reviews and improve this product that I used to love.
on May 30, 2007
The Valeo Ocelot Wrist Wrap Lifting Gloves are GREAT! They have wonderful wrist support and they open up with a velcro wrap to make them easy on and easy off. And....one of the best features is, they are WASHABLE! Many leather gloves are NOT and after several months use, begin to smell, less than good. The size runs TRUE. I am 6' at 208 lbs and a LARGE fits perfectly.
on March 8, 2007
These are probably the best gloves I have ever had. The foam padding in seriously amazing, plus they are very comfortable and seem to be pretty durable so far. I would definately recommend these gloves to anyone who is serious about working out.
on November 21, 2012
they were soooo good, I went for an identical pair, but they quality has dropped a LOT, it is hard to show in words, these are thinner, awfully stitched, fingers are not cushioned like previous which was a big plus for me, since fingers are not cushioned, the thin leather in the fingers folds and wrinkles and is uncomfortable when grabbing the bar, they feel flimsy... totally dissapointed with the second pair...
on May 22, 2013
Had a pair of these for 2 years. They were great. Thick padding and we'll made. Even had stitching at finger holes. Bought a new pair to replace old ones. The new quality of construction is terrible. Clearly they stopped spending as much on fabrication and materials. The "leather" is so thin, I am returning them before they undoubtedly fall apart. Valeo, I couldn't be more disappointed in you. Off to find a new brand....
on September 10, 2013
Also ordered: Harbinger Training Grip WristWrap Glove,Black/Grey ,Medium, Sold by: Amazon.com, which I will be keeping after comparing the two.

This decision is solely based on wrist support. The Harbinger, while more expensive had a wrapping better mechanism for wrist support than the Valeo Ocelot, which does look `real cool' with the two tone and I really wanted the like them more, but alas, function over form here.

I was always going to order the two and keep one as I only require one pair. The Harbinger does look like it will not wick sweat as fast as the Valeo if that may be an issue for you.

If wrist support weren't important to me - I would most definitely get the Valeo Ocelot without the wrist piece.

Also got wrist straps as I am moving up in weight and require this support. The wrist wrap will also mitigate the `digging in' if the strap, which is also a Harbinger padded strap.

I tend to buy soley `sold by Amazon'. The other companies tend to build a lot of cost in shipping which makes returns and exchanges non-valule added.