5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wiper Blade, but...
Published on December 28, 2009 by Gary Bisogna

3.0 out of 5 stars "it's time to downgrade your blade"
Published on February 3, 2010 by Kevin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wiper Blade, but..., December 28, 2009
This review is from: Valeo U-24 Gen2 Premium All-Season Bracketless Wiper Blade, 24" (Pack of 1) (Automotive)
Installation of new Valeo Premium bracketless wiper blade was every bit as easy as installing older, original equipment wipers. Today, during a nasty, wind-blown storm I put them to the test. These imports from Mexico performed admirably. I don't think they could've done any better job than they did. They are every bit as good, and maybe better than any previous blade including Anco, which is very impressive. The bracketless design also means that changing over to Winter blades each season is now no longer required; there are no wiper bracket openings for ice to build up in and thereby reduce windshield contact. Hopefully, this level of performance will last many months. I purchased them during an Amazon buy-one, get-one deal. I love Amazon, but I noticed that the Valeo bracketless design is virtually identical to the made-in-USA bracketless Goodyear Assurance blades. And the Goodyear cost less than Valeos at Amazon, but the Goodyears cost only about $8 (currently) in Costco.

5.0 out of 5 stars TWO years later, still going strong !, November 19, 2011
patrick808 (Honolulu, Hawaii) - See all my reviews
Today's another size of these popped up for sale on Amazon again, reminding me of what a great product this is.

I was hoping to buy replacements, but after two years of use, my Valeo's are still giving me great performance, and are totally streak free.

WILL buy again.

3.0 out of 5 stars "it's time to downgrade your blade", February 3, 2010
Kevin (Necedah, WI USA) - See all my reviews
In reading the description of these blades you'd think they were "all that and a bag of chips"..."a revolution in wiper blade technology"...in fact on the box it says, "it's time to upgrade your blade". Well, I put 'em on last night, and really find them to be only average in their effectiveness. The last set I bought from Amazon, some Bosch Evolutions, were better blades but didn't last very long. These blades streaked and smeared until the defroster warmed the windshield up and then they were about as good as a typical wiper blade. They also have the annoying "feature" (on my 93 Accord) of keeping a pool of windshield wash under the blade when retracted after washing the windshield so it keeps trickling up onto the windshield for a while after turning the wipers off. I don't know how they come up with these 1,500 "pressure points" or whatever they claim; all I know is they don't work any better or worse than your average wiper blade, at least on my car. And they seem pretty thin as well.

At the price I paid for them I don't feel "ripped off" but I certainly don't feel like I got anything special or any better than I could have picked up at Wal-mart for about the same price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the premium price, February 22, 2010
I purchased these with the 2 for $20 deal. At that price I don't feel ripped off, but I would definitely feel ripped off if I paid the full $18/blade.

My issues with the blade include:
In light rain, when the blade is coming back down off the drivers side it draws a small pool of water back across the window about 3" or 4". This is somewhat annoying/distracting.

Another issue I have, on the far passenger side the last 1-2" of the blade does not make good contact with the window so there is a small streak about 10" high that looks dirty or wet. It must have only 1200 pressure points on that blade(referring to the 1500 pressure points claimed by the description on the box)

Installation was quick and easy. The blades look sleek and stylish.

I have Rain-x latitudes on our other car and those are AMAZING. After using these Valeo's I am ready for them to wear out and buy some Rain-x blades.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good wiper blades, January 9, 2010
I bought these wiper blades like many other reviewers during a buy one get one free promotion. They perform very well, even during the recent heavy snows we have gotten, and I would give them five stars if it were based on performance alone. Unfortunately these wiper blades are fairly expensive and as another reviewer suggested the Goodyear Assurance and Bosch Evolution blades both perform comparably and I have seen both for less money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, perfoms as promised., February 18, 2013
Love this wiper blade, it's so smooth and does not streak at all. Will buy another when it worns out. Definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars No issues so far, February 4, 2013
I've had these on for > month in rain, snow, and ice, and so far no issues. They are very "lightweight" looking compared to traditional wipers, but clean my windshield exactly like every other wiper I've ever had. I haven't had any issues with them not making contact with the windshield at higher speeds (up to 75mph).

As far as how they age over the next 12 months, that remains to be seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good wiper blade for the money, January 26, 2013
I had the old school style with blades on and they were leaving smudges of water where the blade was loosing contact with the window. I thought of getting rainx ones but they were 40 bucks a pair 25 if you mailed in the rebate. these cost me 20 bucks for both delivered and they are less bulky and grip the window like a sticker. nice blades

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, January 4, 2013
These wipers are very nice and sleek. The only problem i had was that some snow/ice still got stuck on the blade even tho the description said that would never happen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than goodyear assurance, January 2, 2013
This replaced my Goodyear assurance blades from Costco.

- Leaves no water streak at all. Goodyear (2 different sets for the past two years) always leave a wet area in the middle of driver side window. I almost thought it was my windshield's problem. That goes away completely with this set.
- Very simple installation for 2005 Camry. Goodyear has many adaptors that are confusing and hard to install/remove.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›