5.0 out of 5 stars Best workout DVD!
Published on October 13, 2009 by David G. Guinn

1.0 out of 5 stars Bait and Switch
Published on January 3, 2010 by Cheeto

1.0 out of 5 stars Bait and Switch, January 3, 2010
Cheeto "CK" (Leominster, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Valerie Bertinelli: Losing It And Keeping Fit (DVD)
I was excited to purchase this DVD because I adore Valerie Bertinelli but the DVD I purchased has one 20 minute workout and another barely 30 minute workout (not a 40 minute workout). During the DVD intro with Valerie and her trainer and during their separate interviews, portions of workouts are shown that are NOT in my DVD! For example, my DVD does not include exercises involving a chair (with additional triceps exercises) and it does not include any cardio bursts.

Who is responsible for this? Are there actually different versions of DVDs out there? And did I just pay full 'used' price for a partial product?

I suggest to anyone about to purchase this DVD to communicate with the seller and confirm it contains all the workouts - chair triceps and cardio bursts included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best workout DVD!, October 13, 2009
This review is from: Valerie Bertinelli: Losing It And Keeping Fit (DVD)
I truly believe that Losing it and Keeping Fit is the best workout DVD to come to market in many years. It is easy to follow, challenging and fun. Valerie's personality is so real and her relationship with the trainer (Chris)keeps the workout fun. Lastly, the workouts are very effective and full of variety. Chris does seem to like lower body type moves, which is great for the legs. Kudos to Gaiam for once again bringing a great product to market.

4.0 out of 5 stars Im a beginner, March 4, 2010
This review is from: Valerie Bertinelli: Losing It And Keeping Fit (DVD)
I recently purchased this DVD because I was looking for something easy to follow as I've just decided to begin working out again and I need something to spark my movitation to become fit. I love Valerie, she's relatable and personable.Its like exercising with a girlfriend who has all the same gripes about exercising and keeps it real, unlike watching a Jillian Michael's dvd. I love the quips and banter between her and the trainer Chris. I just wish there were more workouts on the DVD. The workouts do concentrate more on legs and less on upper body. I agree with one of the reviewers that some of the exercises, like the chair bends shown in the preview and bonus material dont appear in the workouts. Perhaps these may be shown on future dvds if there are any to follow. All and all, this a good DVD for a beginner but eventually you will have to go on to an advanced dvd or a different workout to challenge your fitness and weightloss.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it!, February 4, 2010
Ruth (Pittsburgh, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Valerie Bertinelli: Losing It And Keeping Fit (DVD)
I have been doing the P90 workouts on and off for years (I HIGHLY recommend them). But I need to throw in something different - my body gets used to doing the same exercises - so I bought this. I JUST finished the 30-minute routine for the first time and felt that I HAD to get on here and write a review. I found the workout challenging enough. I do not think this would be good for someone that needed to drop a lot of weight. I would, however, think this would be great for someone just getting started. I'm sure the longer I do the exercises and learn the routine the better my form will become. I definitely feel like I just finished a workout! I would definitely recommend this. I've also done Jillian Michaels' 30-day Shred. If you want your a** kicked - then by all means, buy that! If you want a good, slower paced workout, then buy this. Yes, Valerie does joke and complain - but she doesn't say anything that I don't while I'm working out! It's like she was reading my mind! Yes, Valerie is a bit uncoordinated - but I can definitely relate! Look - she's not a professional trainer! And I could take or leave Christopher (the trainer). And for those people moaning about back, knee, and neck problems, being busty, asthmatic, or your big toe hurts - get in the pool! I don't know of one exercise video out there that you could do with those problems. I have purchased numerous workouts over the years - most of which I don't care for - for one reason or another. All I can say is - find something that works for YOU! This isn't my favorite - but - I like it! I hope you will too!

5.0 out of 5 stars She makes it easy!, February 12, 2010
This review is from: Valerie Bertinelli: Losing It And Keeping Fit (DVD)
I bought this because I am 53 and in about the same shape that Valerie was when she started. I decided if she could do it so could I and I was right. Valerie makes the exercising fun and easy to follow. Thank you for making a product for us over 40 women that's not a bunch of perky younger ladies bouncing around making me feel older. I love this CD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Workout - great for all levels, November 17, 2009
This review is from: Valerie Bertinelli: Losing It And Keeping Fit (DVD)
I ordered this cd of Valerie's and am amazed if anyone could say it wasn't worth it. Anything to get motivated is worth it!! After years of walking/biking and teaching yoga, I have to admit I've gotten lazy or maybe have chosen the easy route to working out instead of really hitting it. I walk the dogs almost daily, but don't do much else to get stay healthy and fit. This cd, while very simple to follow, is for everyone. And I mean everyone!! You can choose the easy 20 minute routine or go for more sweatin' and do the longer routine. If you are creative, these moves will lead to something more strenuous if that's what you want. But - easy to follow and it will make you smile while getting fit. Hate those routines that you have to have months of practice with to even master. Thank you Valerie! It's been a long time since I've been smiling at the end of a workout session!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, April 5, 2010
This review is from: Valerie Bertinelli: Losing It And Keeping Fit (DVD)
I had this video for a while before I actually tried it and was pleasantly surprised- the workout is simple to follow but more intense than I expected. I was left with a burn in my legs that I didn't plan for, and the cardio bursts really got my heart rate up! I liked the chemistry and interaction between Valerie and her trainer Christopher, who feels like he could be an old friend. It's a funny back and forth with her complaining (in a joking way) and him keeping her motivated- it's a lot more approachable than other videos out there. The music could definitely be a little cooler and I did catch myself losing count a few times but I think that the quality of the workout will keep me coming back to this DVD. I'm pretty sure I can keep count for myself and even when Valerie does one extra repetition she makes a joke out of it- there's nothing really wrong with doing a little bit extra!
A lot of reviewers have complaints related to which edition of the DVD they have- mine definitely has cardio bursts in the longer workout, and there is a section where Christopher explains the exercises for you so that he's not explaining things while you're trying to do them. I feel like I got exactly the sort of workout I needed in a perfect amount of time, and this will definitely be in heavy rotation.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Review, March 1, 2010
Jackie (Seattle, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Valerie Bertinelli: Losing It And Keeping Fit (DVD)
As reported in several other reviews, my DVD included one barely 20 minute workout and one under 30 minute workout (I timed it at 28.5 minutes). No cardio bursts. No special ab toning section. So it wasn't as advertised on the cover and I paid full price. I might contact Gaiam.

However, for what it is, I quite enjoyed it and I will probably use it occasionally. I have dozens of exercise DVDs and about 5 or 6 of those are "favorites" that I use over and over. This won't be one of my regulars because it's too short and there's no aerobics component. But for a basic toning exercise section it's fine. What I most like about it is Valerie. It feels like working out with a friend in my living room, someone who jokes around a bit and whines occasionally. That's fine with me. I work out at 4am, and I can't take cute, bouncy and hyped-up at that time in the morning. And she looks awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It. It is a good workout for the novice as well as the fanatic, March 11, 2010
M. Strand (Coal Vally, Illinois) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Valerie Bertinelli: Losing It And Keeping Fit (DVD)
I love this workout video Valerie because she acts like the normal person not a professional and you can relate to it. It works all parts of your body. It is not an easy workout but one that you can work up to.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a lot of substance..., December 30, 2009
This review is from: Valerie Bertinelli: Losing It And Keeping Fit (DVD)
I have a lot of workout DVDs, and bought this one because Valerie has inspired me. However, I am not a fan of this product. The DVD is two workouts, one 20-minute beginner and one 30-minute bikini workout. First of all, I do not like the trainer in this video. He is not very relatable and just seems a bit odd to me. Second, this video is mostly lower body work - I would say well over half is lunges and squats. Lastly, while I love Valerie and find her completely relatable and sweet, the cueing is not great. She and the trainer go different directions and aren't completely on the same page. This is one workout DVD I wish I hadn't purchased!

Valerie Bertinelli: Losing It And Keeping Fit
Valerie Bertinelli: Losing It And Keeping Fit by Rebecca Stetson (DVD - 2009)
$14.98 $6.10