Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 9, 2014
Beautiful book! I love that you are able to remove the pages. The leather design is very nice, it is a convenient size for a travel journal, and is easy to write and sketch in due to its binding. We carried this all over Europe and loved it!
review image
22 comments| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2014
I wish I could give this notebook a million stars! I am a big Journal writer, and I have NEVER been more pleased with a product in my entire life! It is exactly what I was looking for. Well made and sturdy, and I am sure it will handle the abuse I will give it tossing it in my backpack and carrying it all over the planet! Excited that refills will soon be available. I love the paper also. It holds up well to fountain pen ink. Do not hesitate to purchase this, if it has caught your eye.
on March 28, 2016
I purchased two of these, one with the tree and one with the compass, and could not be happier with my purchase. Each came packaged in their own cardboard box that securely kept the edges from being damaged in transit. Although, they are a PU leather, they look and feel as if it was the real thing at a reasonable price. The pages are made of thick paper and have an aged look to them that truly inspires picking up the pen. I really loved the charms located on the outside as well as the strings to keep the book closed. You could use the top one to emboss a page as finished if you choose.

Every detail on these books are charming and have a truly old world feel. I love everything about them.
review image review image review image review image review image
on May 14, 2015
It came just I hoped it would. I loved it, especially the new product smell. I'm so excited to start writing in it. I love the bookmarks and the way it folds in the flaps. The pages are refillable by simply buying more. I was so excited to come home and see the package. I enjoy this book a lot.
on June 17, 2015
I just received this journal a few minutes ago. Taking is out the package, I thought I would be much bigger and was instantly disappointed. I have very little hands and was able to hold it with just one hand. However, it's compact, and is really a nice journal and figured the size wouldn't be so hard to get used to. All in all, I'm excited to write in this journal with my new fountain pen that has not yet arrived!
review image review image
on March 9, 2015
I bought the "coffee colored" one with the compass design on the cover. This item is beautiful. The hanging charms are intricate in their design and heavy. The cover texture is a harder leather feel, not a buttery soft one. The inside cover area has flocking on it. The pages are a golden color and slightly rough, but smooth writing with my Pilot Varsity fountain pen (a medium nib). There is feathering but no ghosting or bleed through on the other side. The paper took the Flair pen colors well. I got all blank pages. Love that it is a 3 ring binder. Came nicely packed in a sturdy cardboard box, which is the odd picture in the description. I agree with the other 5 star rating reviews. It looks like it could be used with an 'other-worldly' costume despite the metal 3 rings. I will be buying the other notebooks.

EDITTED TO ADD: I was curious about the cutouts on the back flap so I contacted the makers. They were prompt in replying which is great. They said that the cutouts were designed to hold cards but since it doesn't work so well they won't be doing it in future models. Mystery solved!
on February 13, 2016
This journal is very high quality. A deep, rich rusty/whiskey color with off-white lined pages. It inspires good writing - secrets perhaps. In my case it was purchased as a dream journal and I'm certain it will fit the bill perfectly.
review image review image review image review image
on May 30, 2014
This Notebook came fast! I expected it in 2 days and it got here in 2 days! When I opened it up it was even better than I expected. The quality of the leather is top notch. Its durable and its classy. Best part if the rings allow for you to add more paper when you have loaded up the notebook with notes or journal entries. That being said the paper is of good quality as well. It is thicker than usual and can take being written on with a fountain pen with out bleeding or smudging. It is a little smaller than I thought it would be, I'm not sure why the pictures make it look bigger than it is but, the size is just right for me. I intend to use this for a journal and a larger one would have wasted space on the pages. This size is just enough to write the quick journal entries I intend. I would recommend this product to anybody who wants to jot some notes or ideas down to look back at later. I would not recommend it for use in a class room setting as it is smaller than your average notebook.
on May 15, 2014
Looks like an old book with wonderful paper and soft leather. The metal helm and the anchor hanging on the leather tie closure make it extra special. I don't think you need to be a sailor to love this journal, but it will make you feel like one when you just hold it. Incredibly classy gift, if you can get yourself to part with it!
on November 4, 2015
This is the size and the color that I wanted and as described. I was very happy that it has a compass rose on the front which matches the theme I will be using the journal for in the coming months.
I am giving it one star because the company, 'Valery', has chosen to stamp their name and logo into the leather in the large letters the bottom front cover. If you look at the photos on Amazon it does not show the front cover with their name stamped in the leather. This has made it look cheesy and totally detracted from the compass Rose. It looks like one of those cheap items you get at a conference vendor fair where they want to make sure you advertise for their company's name.
Not sure where the quality assurance people were on this one, completely a bad call!
review image
11 comment| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse