Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Valkyria Chronicles 3: Complete Artworks Paperback – April 16, 2013
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
If you’re the author, publisher, or rights holder of this book, let ACX help you produce the audiobook.Learn more.
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 1:13 Mins|
It's translated by Udon from the Japanese edition that was published in 2011. There are 256 pages in this paperback.
It's basically the concept art book and visual guide for the game. There are illustrations for characters, weapons, vehicles, scenes, storyboards, a bit of environment art and other promotional materials.
Character designs still form the main bulk of the book. There are sketches and many variations to look at. Some characters are from the previous games. For a military establishment, the military uniforms are as non-standardised as they can get. Even so, with a common art direction, you still see that they are from the same army.
What might interest fans would be the extensive commentary provided by the design notes, character profiles and story summaries.
It seems that the game wasn't released in English. If don't know Japanese and can't play the PSP game but still want to follow the series, then this art book will be great for you.
(There are more pictures of the book on my blog. Just visit my Amazon profile for the link.)
1. It includes the story pages/chapters. This was missing in the 2nd book and I believe added great value to the collection.
2. More art and less in-game 3d renders. Example: Secondary characters are drawn out instead of a 3d game model like in the first book.
3. It's in English. Sad reason to like the book, but it is even more sad that I don't know Japanese to play the game. I now collect Valkyria Chronicle books because I enjoy their art style. I wish the game would be ported over to NA.
4. Attention to detail. The organization and layout of this book are great! The coloring is bright, page layouts, and even fonts make the book feel perfect.
The ToC is:
1. Illustrations (lots of them)
2. Characters (104 pages worth)
3. Military Affairs and Natural History (uniforms, weapons, vehicles, etc)
4. Story (The in game chapters; followed by locations and other odds and ends)
5. Process (Event art, cinematic art, storyboards, illustration drafts, and more)
6. Interviews with the Dev Team.
If you loved the first book, you will definitely love this one.
it is really great to at least get to understand the characters that represent the game this time around
GOD i want to get into Imca SO BAD , but as i read the book wich is outstanding but i feel that there is something missing , i havent played this game so i didnt get into the emotions of them like i felt for selvaria , Rosie , cossete and many others
such a shame this is SEGA's best game franichase besides sakura wars & Skies Of Arcadia.
with all great games that came out of japan the last 2 years till PxZ its SAD this is not out yet
if your crazy on VC the book is woth it, but if you haven't played the game you might feel that your still kinda missing out on the game that you can't wait to get your hands on it .
of art books for the Valkyria Chronicles. Its has characters and vehicles and weapons, but
for some reason, maybe the fact that its the 3rd book but it felt like they were struggling for more
material to make a book. Trust me though its a huge book and well worth the price. I own
all 3 of them but again this one is the weakest. I still reach for book 1 or 2 before this one.
Tons of material on weapons and vehicles, as well as uniforms (those Calamity Raven look awesome).
Overall, a true delight for any Valkyria Chronicles fan.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love the art that went into this game. It makes me sad that it never came out in the U.S.Published 29 days ago by V. Brown
Very nice artworks with the artist thought process included. Includes general details of all missions in the game including the E2 missions.Published on August 2, 2013 by Addict
For those of us who love the Valkyria Chronicles series, this book is an absolute must-have. From character bios to a complete summery of the entire plot, Valkyria Chronicles 3:... Read morePublished on June 21, 2013 by Austin Tyhurst