2.0 out of 5 stars Negligible durability, spray performance is shoddy, February 27, 2013
This review is from: Valspar 410.0085026.076 Premium Spray Paint Enamel
Pros:
-Nice-looking finish (when it works).

Cons:
-Scratches and chips if you look at it wrong.
-I've gone through three cans of this paint and all three of them had inconsistent performance with intermittent spray or spraying small chunks of paint, regardless of how long and vigorously you shake and rattle the can.
-On all three, when I got to about half capacity, I was spraying as much gas as paint.

I'm giving it 2 stars because the shelf brackets I painted look decent, with the exception of two places where a respray was required because the spray mixture was weird. The shelves themselves are another story.

Don't waste your money on this product, try a different brand or brush-on paint.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, June 2, 2013
This review is from: Valspar 410.0085026.076 Premium Spray Paint Enamel
I have to agree with the other reviewer here...this spray paint is not a premium product. I purchased two cans of the Peacock Blue to refurbish two resin Adirondack chairs and, while the color is nice, I found the spray mechanism to be either unmanageable or faulty.

The contoured press button "looks" like it might be a great feature, but it was almost impossible to find the correct spot in which to press. The locking cap also had its drawbacks: when the press button wouldn't depress, I turned the locking cap a little too far and spent 10 minutes trying to get the thing to unlock.

The first can sprayed three different colors (even after shaking for 3 minutes): blobs of green, light blue, and bright blue. The second can didn't dry the same color as the first can, but thank goodness I didn't use two cans on one piece.

Think I'll stick with Krylon...fewer color choices, but always dependable.

Rate and Discover Movies