Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Size: 3 Inch|Change

on August 27, 2010
The Valterra Products, Inc. T1003VPM 3" Bladex Carded Waste Valve with Metal Handle is well made. However, the gaskets on either side of the valve are a Bugger to keep in place when retro-fitting the valve. The existing setup in My Class A MH has zero tolerance therefore placing a tiny drop of Super Glue on the valve side of each "o" ring gasket held them in place during installation. SAAZAM..Dripping Black Water Stopped ! Oh BTW wear surgical gloves when working on existing Sanitary Systems...Holding breath for 20min or use that Scuba Tank for fresh non stinky air....ROFLMAO.
review image
on October 12, 2011
I was a litte wary of replacing 2 valves on my truck camper myself, rather than having the work done by an RV repair place. However times are tough and money is tight, so I ordered these and dived in (no pun intended). I was able to complete the job in about 1 hour and what a difference! The valves work like butter and no leaks whatsoever. Very easy job, good directions, and very reasonable price from Amazon.
on April 8, 2015
Purchased this to replace the valve on my 2001 camping trailer. On the first install I still had a leak. I talked to an RV Mechanic and gave me 2 good tips for the install. #1 - use some petroleum jelly to help hold the gaskets in place. #2 - Put the gaskets on the pipe fittings and not the valve. I was putting them on the valve and then tightening the bolts and this causes the gaskets to get pinched and leak. After following his advice the install went smooth and no leaks.
on July 11, 2012
I bought this valve because it had the metal handle. When opening these valves in cold weather, it seems I have a tendency to brake the plastic handles. The valve body appears well made and solid. The slide action of the valve is perfectly smooth and easy to operate. It sealed well and installation was painless. There is no leaking through the valve or from the valve body. My initial impression of this product is extremely favorable.

Edit: Over a year later and almost nine months of living full time in the RV, the valve is still working well. It is not quite as smooth as the day it was installed, but it is still performing without flaw.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 2, 2012
My old Valterra 3" was almost 18-years old...and took brute force to open it, or close it. Before I broke the pipes, I decided for $15, I might as well replace the old valve. (I had been putting it off due to the fun of changing a sewage valve, and all that encompasses)

After over an hour of high-pressure reverse-flow purging and flushing, I finally felt 'safe enough' to remove the old valve and (some choking involved) get the new Valterra put right back in place. It went in just as good as the old one came out, good seals were sent with it, as well as the mounting bolts (good thing...those bottom two always break on you taking the old valve off).

Went in quick and simple...and now, instead of double-handing the valve and fighting with it to open, or close; it can be opened or closed with barely a finger's pressure. I hadn't realized until lately how bad it had become.

Good product...I like the new metal handle, and the sealing and action are as good as always. I highly recommend if you are doing a valve replacement.
on August 22, 2013
My RV was kind of a pain to install these on, but everything on my RV is closer to 40 than it is 30 years old and nothing ever goes on or comes off easily with this thing. The new ones went on a lot quicker than the old ones came off, I can tell you that.

8 hours after I started, though, and it all worked excellent. Some 3 months later, it all still works excellent, and since I use the RV REGULARLY, if it were going to fail it probably would have by now. I would give more stars if I could---this is just a good value. It was a chore though. If you have an older camper like me, and if those old valves you are about to pull off are as old as the camper, you better plan on it taking a bit of time. Its NOT always as easy as some of these reviews would have you think it should be. Well worth the long nasty effort though in any case. I will happily buy them again, in another 10 years or so I imagine just to make sure they come off a bit easier.. :)
on December 24, 2013
I wanted to do some gray water recycling at home, so needed a valve to divert the sewer at will. Instead of using a 3 way valve, I used to 2 of this valve. The valve came with the necessary rubber seams to make it leak proof. Very easy to open and close, you just need 2 Valterra Spigot Flange (you need 2 sockets to connect to both side of the valve) or Valterra Slip Hub Flange (it is like a socket into which the pipe slips in) to connect to the pipe at both side. Then 4 nut-bolts connects with the valve, which is easy to remove/clean later, without the fear of leaks.
on October 12, 2013
This was difficult to replace but that is not the fault of the valve. The trailer manufacturer left no room for removal of the old valve and installation of the new one. I had to cut the gray water line and put a coupling in to gain enough room to get the seals in place and install the valve. It works fine now that it is in place.
on December 3, 2012
Both of my trailer drain valves failed after a dozen + years of regular use. I wanted to replace them with a higher quality valve and this Valterra fits the bill perfectly. Changing them out couldn't be easier, 4 bolts to replace but make sure you thoroughly flush and drain your tanks and dry out overnight. This makes the unpleasant prospect of getting dripped on much less likely. Be sure to wear rubber gloves and follow the instructions.
on November 10, 2012
No one want a stuck black water valve. We can use force to open the valve but closing it is another problem. YES you can take it to a repair shop and pay a service call and full price for their dump valve. I was able to replace my valve in under 30 minutes. I used common tools to do this. BUT make sure you have an empty black water tank and have flushed it out first.