5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read
I've been waiting for this book seems like forever and it was well worth the wait. Vampire Sheikh rocked!

I'm happy dancing around my room because this book was even better than I hoped and I'm so tickled that Seth finally got his happily ever after.

Published on February 14, 2011 by LAS Reviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing if you hadn't read the first two books
Published on January 24, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read, February 14, 2011
This review is from: Vampire Sheikh (Kindle Edition)

I loved this paranormal Egyptian world that Ms. Bruhns built and I thought the whole concept was so unique and fascinating. Josslyn is the last of the Haliday sisters to find their way into the secret underground lair of the vampire demi-god and man, is he ticked. I guess he has a right to be because his well ordered domain has been thrown in disarray from the fact that his closest friends and advisors have fallen in love and have done things he never expected because of it.

I will say that the blurb is misleading. It's really only one of his lieutenants that have defected on him, not two. But one is enough. I always felt sad for Seth because he has been alone for so long. So many depend on him and in fact this story explains just how burdened he is and what he's accomplished in his long life. It's considerable. And for a man with a bad rap as he has, the fact becomes very clear to a reader that he is not only capable of love, he does love and wants to be loved. A reader can sense his loneliness and it's a terrible thing but so too is his anger and his sense of betrayal. He has his emotional armor on and I wasn't sure how Joss was going to get through to him.

Anger is a great motivator. So is love - and fear. All of these bombard Joss at one time or another, some all at once. I liked her a lot. I always thought she was a hot ticket from her easy handling and wiliness to shoot a shotgun in defense of those she cares for. She's the eldest and has a huge sense of responsibility and it shows. One of my favorite scenes is when Seth does something that he is so confident is going to scare the spit and fire right out of Joss and instead, she throws him for a loop with her response. What happens after that had me fanning myself. In fact there are many moments of sheer sultry seduction that totally entertained me and had me reaching for a cold glass of water. Ms. Bruhns sure knows how to write stimulating scenes.

There is an exciting and delightful reuniting between the sisters at different times and each scene furthers the plot and intensified the suspense and drama. There is hope when everyone thought it was hopeless. In fact, Shahin from Shadow of the Sheikh gets news that will simply astound him. I was so happy for him, I wanted to cry.

In fact, Ms. Bruhns did a bang-up job of making sure that readers got an all inclusive, effective and assured happily ever after. I think it took three mini chapters to tie up all the threads and it raised my happiness level a notch in every one. It was romantic, thrilling, life affirming and beautiful. I just wanted to hug the book; I was so happy that everyone ended up in love. In fact even someone who a reader of the series knows shouldn't deserve to be happy gets redeemed. That was a shocker. Not so much that the character got a HEA but the truth that was revealed to allow it to even happen is what astounded me. I never saw that one coming and it was sort of sad and maddening. All that time, all those feelings. Amazing! And darn it, I ended up liking the character after all. Who'd have thought it?

Vampire Sheikh is an awesome, sensual delight from start to finish that kept me on the edge of my seat from its dramatic start to its warm and even humorous yet romantic finish. Ms. Bruhns kept the integrity of the writing all throughout the series and never missed a beat. The characters are easy to like and are fascinating, and the locale is exotic and lush. I enjoyed the action and suspense and how the characters interacted with each other as the story unfolded. I had the most fun reading this series and I commend Ms. Bruhns on a job well done. Thank you for creating such memorable and delicious characters. I had a ball.

Originally posted at The Long and Short of It Romance Reviews.

4.0 out of 5 stars exciting desert romantic fantasy, January 22, 2011
This review is from: Vampire Sheikh (Mass Market Paperback)
With her two sisters missing Gemma (see Shadow of the Sheikh) and Gillian (see Lord of the Desert), a desperate Josslyn Haliday charges into the last known place they were seen, the underground stronghold Khepesh. This is the bastion of vampiric demi-god Seth-Aziz.

When she meets Seth-Aziz, she offers herself up in exchange for the freedom of her siblings. He finds her amusing as if she could just walk away if he says no. However, he is bewildered by the strength of character she shows as humans normally fear him, but she shows no trepidation though she trembles at his touch. Meanwhile Joss is confused by her attraction to the beast who she knows took her siblings. When rival vampire demigod Haru-Re abducts the pair, Seth-Aziz admits to Joss he has fallen in love with her.

Though somewhat similar in tone to the previous Immortal Sheikhs vs. the Haliday sisters, the third desert romantic fantasy is loaded with action, sexual and otherwise, as Joss takes on Seth in a paranormal gender war. Fast-paced throughout, readers will enjoy the final tale of modern day Americans taking the respective hearts of Ancient Egyptians.

Harriet Klausner

5.0 out of 5 stars Spicy but Good!, April 26, 2014
This review is from: Vampire Sheikh (Mass Market Paperback)
I really loved this book although I'm not a huge Nocturne reader. I had read the second book in the series and liked it so well that I had to get books 1 and 3 so that I could read the entire story. This one was my favorite. I particularly enjoyed how Nina Bruhns was able to make the characters distinct and carry their "personalities" throughout the entire work. I've read this book several times because I like seeing the supernatural elements used so effectively.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, April 11, 2014
This review is from: Vampire Sheikh (Kindle Edition)
A friend gave me the first book in this series. Once I read that, I had to read the other two!!
Each book deals with one of three sisters who find themselves falling in love with very handsome men
who just happen to be shape-shifters, among other things :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Vampire Sheikh, May 12, 2013
LSH (Paramaribo, Suriname) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vampire Sheikh (Mass Market Paperback)
I love this series and have read them more than once. Nina Bruhns combines a romantic story with Egypthology. I love it. I am the owner not only of this book but also the two previous ones in the series. Please keep writing more, Nina.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great author I discovered, March 26, 2013
This review is from: Vampire Sheikh (Kindle Edition)
The title drew me in and the writing kept me there. Nina Bruhns is a wonderful author and I loved the plot and characters she created in this story.

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing if you hadn't read the first two books, January 24, 2012
Amazon Customer (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vampire Sheikh (Mass Market Paperback)
It was an okay romance novel. Pretty typical for a Harlequin in terms of quality. The major problem I had was that I didn't read the first two books in the story and I had no idea what was going on in the beginning. There was all this mention of a prophetic vision and a sacrifice and missing parents and missing sisters... Over time I caught on to most of it but the author did not do a good job of explanations for an audience that hadn't read the previous books.

5.0 out of 5 stars JB, September 27, 2011
This review is from: Vampire Sheikh (Mass Market Paperback)
This was the third and finel book and I enjoied all of then. There was enough detail to give a glimps of the past and what could be, without so much drawn out detail's it became borring. I found the personalities well rounded and beliveable. You could conect with them. I also like that the sex didn't go into great detailed, enough to make it interesting but left something to the emagenation. I do not enjoy four pages with every touch and sigh it's like the auther ran out of plot and is just filling up the pages. Bruhns got it right.

Vampire Sheikh
Vampire Sheikh by Nina Bruhns (Mass Market Paperback - January 18, 2011)
Used & New from: $0.01