Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(2 star)show all reviews
on April 5, 2008
For those that care, be aware that many of the films in this set aren't complete. The information on the back of the box is incorrect for some titles in this collection. Depending on how desperate you are to see these films this information might be useful.

"Crypt of the Living Dead" is presented here B&W, even though it is a color film. It looks as if you were watching a B&W TV print.

"The Last Man on Earth" is not presented widescreen here, and is in a pretty ragged edition.

"The Vampire Bat" is presented here at 59 minutes, several minutes shorter than its usual running time (the box says 71!).

"Werewolf in a Girl's Dormitory" is missing the entire opening credits sequence.

So that's 4 out of 20 films. Oh, and the MILLCREEK logo is present on some films to deter pirating, but who in their right mind would want to pirate "Mama Dracula" anyway?
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Pierre (Sergio Fantoni) is a Navy Lieutenant by his bars, a Chief Petty Officer by his collar insignia. He breaks up with his stripper girlfriend Jeanette (Susanne Loret) who immediately explodes her car going down an embankment. WOW! Do sailors really date strippers?

She is in a hospital with a slightly disfigured face, one that skin grafts could cure, or her long hair could cover...which it does for most of the movie. She believes her face will always be this way as she contemplates suicide with the gun she is packing in her purse while smoking cigarettes in her hospital room. My how things have changed.

Never fear, a woman with stereotypical sunglasses and a trench coat (Franca Parisi) shows up and offers her help through Professor Alberto Levin (Alberto Lupo) who has a machine that goes ping, an oscilloscope, a centrifuge, and a "radiation chamber" that could be an early microwave oven. His new product Derma 28 he wants to use on a human guinea pig, hence the stripper with the deformed face, one that he instantly falls in love with to the dismay of his assistant.

The professor uses the substance and it turns him into more of a hideous Mr. Hyde, than a vampire. I think "Atom Age Mr. Hyde at Times" wouldn't sell as well as the vampire thing. They could of at least gave him a long teeth. The make-up was pretty bad. It must have been stuff left over from our Lend-Lease program.

Not much in character build-up. Acting and script were pretty sad. Might have some film history interest as a vampire film worse than anything with Kristen Stewart in it. Just kidding Kristen, I really did like how you played a dead chick in that Snow White thing you otherwise ruined.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I also got this movie as part of a 50 horror movie set. I think that 50 cents was about the right price for this awful movie. The only reference to anything atomic is the display of some rather unfortunate photographs of Japanese atomic bomb victims. The "vampire" part is just..just..well, wrong. I think something was lost in the translation from Italian. The story is about a mad scientist in his basement with a formula that can revive disfigured flesh. He wants a human subject on which to test his discovery, and his devoted, romantically frustrated assistant will not do. So in her role as a classic enabler, the assistant goes out an "procures" a disfigured stripper for him. Of course, the doc falls in love with the stripper, much to the consernation of the assistant, the stripper's boyfriend, and the hapless young ladies wandering in the night who become ingredients in his evil potion.

As an example of what you're in for with this, our mad, love obsessed doctor transforms himself into a monster in order to kill women for their adrenal glads to keep the object of his desire in flawless physical condition. When he is a "monster", he wears what looks like a "barf" mask over his head. However, the mask was so cheaply made that the mouth does not move when he talks. We're talkin' quality, here. The transfer was poor, but I attribute that to the fact that I shelled out 4 bits apiece for these classics. My recommendation? If you can find this for what I paid, I say add it to your collection. But don't get ripped off!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 23, 2005
For note: I watch this movie in "50 movie pack horror classic", and I'm glad, I didn't buy it solely. Average, I buy this movie less than a dollar.

My general review, this movie is ridiculous. What atom age? What you got is wolfman-like creature, who kills woman for her glands. There's no relation between vampire and atom age. the motive's also laughable.
on February 26, 2009
Although it has the classic look of the 60's, which I love, this movie is kinda dull and boring. A woman named Jeanette is horribly disfigured. A man tries some tests on her, and fixes her. He realizes he must kill other women to keep Jeanette lookin' sexy! I probably wouldn't recommend ATOM AGE VAMPIRE!!!

p.s. I have an awesome aunt named Jeannette!