|Price:||$22.49 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Van Der Hagen Men's Luxury, Shave Set
- 100% Pure badger hair brush
- Classic Monogrammed apothecary mug
- Hypo-Allergenic shave soap
- Combination brush & razor stand
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Place soap into mug, wet brush with warm tap water. Using circular motion over soap create desired amount of lather. Apply lather to beard using badger brush. After shaving, rinse brush under warm tap water. Store on custom stand to dry.
Top Customer Reviews
So I figured why not take it a step further and ditch the shaving creams and jells and really go old school. After seeing the Van Der Hagen Premium Shave Set (Soap, Bowl, Brush) at the local Rite Aid and talking to a couple of friends who made "the switch" months before I did, they all told me the same thing; badger brush only, and if you are going to spend money, spend it on the brush.
I figured I would spend a couple more bucks, started looking around, and came across this. Not only is the brush pure badger, but the set just looks a lot better than the other product mentioned above and does not break the bank. And lets not forget, I have been using good 'ol cans of cream since I started shaving back in the 7th grade, I didn't want to spend a lot of money just to discover this way wasn't for me.
Wow, that's all I can say right now, wow. I can't believe I did not make the switch long ago! The soap smells wonderful, once you work up a good lather its the best cream I have ever used, the brush is soft enough for me (I can see buying a higher grade brush in the future), and lastly, it just looks nice. A clear stand that can hold my razor, a new well built brush, and glossy black shaving cup, what's not to like?
So if you are looking for a practical gift for your father, husband, brother, son, neighbor's son, or any shaving man you know, including yourself, don't think twice and just buy this shave set!
-Excellent value for both experts and beginners
-All components are of high quality
-The only con I could really think of would be that, this set won't quite do it for those shaving snobs
The little stand does its job, nothing more, but it's very effective. The cup, as expected works fine and it looks nice. I've used it with both cream and the supplied soap. The soap....I like it better than the Edwin Jagger cream (I also reviewed) I purchased. Don't overlook this soap just because its inexpensive. It has a pleasing aroma, lathers well and protects well. I have very sensitive skin and I've had the closest shaves ever using this soap!
I think one would be better off buying a higher quality brush and getting the cream/soap and mug seperately.
- Badger Brush is of mediocre quality, not to say its bad, if purchased alone that would still cost anywhere between $20-30.
- stand is very functional, i was able to put in a mach 5 razr, and what i actually use it for, my safety razor.
- stand is sturdy, won't fall over while taking anything off the stand or placing it on.
- the base is well designed to equally distribute the weight so it won't tip over, fall over.
- there is actually a slight groove where the blade, razr, would go that allows to sit, and drain properly so you won't let anything rust
- since there is no metal like the other stands, you never have to worry about it rusting,
- the soap dish is well made, sturdy, easy to grip and lather up
- my safety razor doesn't go all the way down to the base, some MAY consider this a con cause it hangs off the top, but i haven't had it fall out, tip over anything so far.
- look or appeal, it is plastic, literally, so don't expect it to "wow" you when you get in the mail.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Ceramic mug - 5 stars: solid ceramic mug
Soap - 5 stars: not sure if it is because of all of the extra steps in wet shaving (hot shower first, soaked the brush, made lather,... Read more
Kit makes lathering up easy, brush is comfortable to use.
Easy to use and pretty quick clean up. The soap lathers really well and smells good. This kit has pretty much all the essentials for way less than you can get with most other kits. Read morePublished 4 days ago by ea
Arrived in time and exactly as shown in the pic however 3 stars because the brush smells terrible. I literally feel I am brushing the badger's ass on my face, however I know that... Read morePublished 6 days ago by Daniel Saldaña
Nice set. Like the bowl, the soap is scented which is okay but performs great, the brush is regular badger(low grade) and had to buy a different brush in silver tip badger which is... Read morePublished 7 days ago by skibik
This came in really good condition, very clean and ready to use! Would buy again.Published 11 days ago by Kayti Coonjohn
Everything here looks nice sitting on my shelf, but it's all pretty low quality when in use. The stand is shaky and does not hold razors very well, the soap is only fine, the dish... Read morePublished 12 days ago by Amazon Customer