Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 7, 2014
This review is for Van Heusen Poplin Fitted Long Sleeves shirt with 15.5" neck and 34-35" sleeves. This size has 18" shoulder width and 37" waist size.

First and foremost in buying clothes is the fit/cutting. Overall fit is good. The neck and sleeve sizes are as expected. I'm 5'9", 175 lbs. My chest is 42" and this shirt fits very well. It might be too tight if I have a slightly thicker chest. Arms should have enough room for up to 16-17" arm.
Mind you this is a "Fitted" shirt, so the shape is slimmer in the mid section and larger in chest. I never bought any Fitted shirt before, so it was a gamble. I was glad it turned out to be a good bet.

Secondly is the material. The fabric is decent and feels a bit rough to the skin. It doesn't have that expensive look but good enough for going to work. The wrinkle-free fabric is mixed of 65% polyester and 35% cotton. I've worn it for the whole day and it didn't get wrinkled easily.
It comes with a "Oeko-Tex" tag that says tested for and free of harmful chemicals.

The workmanship is mediocre and lack of accuracy in the details. I bought 2 colors of the same shirt and one of them feels tighter than the other. The position of the buttons are not exactly on the same spot, especially on the cuffs.

Summary: I like it and bought 3 more. Would be better if it comes with removable collar stays/inserts and more color options.
on December 16, 2013
I love these shirts. I already had one which has been washed 100 times and is no worse for wear. If your in good shape with a small waist, these shirts are perfect. Nice fit in the shoulders while it hugs the waist. They wear very well and the Price is right.
on January 24, 2015
I like the shirt,fit and material. Unfortunately, the one they shipped to me was defective and should have been classified in the "seconds" bin. Photo attached, collar stitching coming loose right where it shows. Will need to donate this one. Buyer beware.
review image
on June 21, 2014
These shirts fit just right. I have a 17.5" neck, a 46" chest, and 35 inch sleeve length... but i'm only 5'10. I'm kind of a fireplug with a sharp vee in my back... so finding shirts that fit me without looking like a potato sack is a hard job. These fit JUST RIGHT!!! I get them with a 1/2" extra in the neck so I don't feel strangled and they still look really sharp. the sleeve length is perfect, and they don't have a lot of excess material when I tuck them into my trousers (it is a nice fit for folks who lift weights or just naturally have wide shoulders).

GREAT SHIRT!
on August 24, 2014
I have recently been on a shirt buying spree. This is the poorest quality of any shirt I have bought. Of course, you get what you pay for. In no way is this a "wrinkle free" garment. I have a number of shirts that come out of the dryer looking pretty good (some near perfect) but this is not one of them. Since purchasing this shirt, I have decided to buy shirts that say "non iron" or "no iron". These seem to come out of the dryer looking better than any of the wrinkle free shirts I have. The shirt is not finished along the length of the button holes. This allows a place for lent to collect and needs greater care when ironing.

As far as fitted; this shirt is not too bad. It certainly is not a slim fit shirt however.
on July 6, 2015
I bought 2 of these shirts for my bartending job from this company;
One is brand new and its perfect, the other has been clearly used because it's faded, super wrinkled, and the armpit area is musty.
I'm disgusted and appalled that they would send me such a poor item.
review image
on July 29, 2014
I've happily worn 17 1/2, 34/35 fitted shirts for many years - most of them Van Heusen - but noticed that the neck was getting really tight if I buttoned it all the way up to use with a tie. So I thought I'd try going up half a size. Apparently 18 neck is some secret code for "I don't actually want it to be fitted, in fact I want it to be massively oversized". I'm of average height and stocky build /slightly overweight, and I was swimming in this shirt. This was seriously the largest shirt I have ever tried on - I would have to gain 50-100 pounds for it to fit me right. The torso was like a tent; it bloused out FAR worse than most non-fitted shirts I've tried. The sleeves were too long and very baggy.
on December 25, 2012
I was very happy with the actual color of this shirt. The picture shows this to be a turquoise and the description states "green". I was trying to find a green shirt, but not able to come up with anything even close. I did not want turquoise and took a gamble that the description would be closer to the correct color. Imagine blending the turquoise with green. The shirt comes closer to being teal. Quality is very nice. The fit is perfect and true to size.
on November 29, 2013
I am about 6'3". I have a neck on the smaller side but broad shoulders. I generally wear about a 15.5" neck, 36" sleeve, and 44-46" chest. I have a hard time finding a shirt with those measurements as well as being a bit fitted. This shirt fits well. The neck and collar are as documented. The fitted aspect of the shirt is also nice. I can't fit into most slim fit shirts because they are too tight at the chest or the arm. This one tapers down nicely without being too tight up top.

The quality is pretty good, but it is not fantastic. It is a good work shirt. The color is a bit flat. Of note, the collar stays are sewn in. You can't place your own metal stays in there. I don't know what will happen when I dry clean the shirt.
on March 15, 2015
Update: I found that after ironing these shirts, now when I wash them they come out of the dryer wearable. I'm not nearly as satisfied with these as I was with my previous Van Heusen shirts, but they work well enough to get by.

I purchased this shirt because it's advertised as "wrinkle free", but it certainly isn't.

I have owned a number of Van Heusen shirts I bought 3 or 4 years ago that I have been very satisfied with. Those ones were truly wrinkle free. Take them out of the dryer, give them a snap, hang them up and you're good to go. Not the case with the two I just purchased.

I understand that a "wrinkle free" shirt will never be the same as a freshly pressed or ironed shirt, so that wasn't my expectation. However these two shirts, especially the French Blue one, come out of the dryer wrinkled enough I can't wear them to work.

I have washed them four times so far, and have tried four different methods of drying them. I tried taking them out totally dry, mostly dry, somewhat dry, and right out of the washer having just been tumbled for about 60 seconds in the dryer. I took them straight out of the dryer, gave them a snap, and hung them up. In every instance they come out too wrinkled to wear.

I gave these shirts a one-star review because they are useless to me. I didn't buy these to bum around on the weekends, I bought them to wear to work, and I simply can't do so.

I would not purchase these shirts again, nor recommend them to anyone.