5.0 out of 5 stars Great shirt, great buy.
Published on January 14, 2008 by artsy mom

2.0 out of 5 stars 70% POLYESTER, 30% cotton
Product description is wrong. This shirt feels like wearing plastic due to its true blend, as shown on its tag.

Product description needs to be corrected. This is bait and switch. Good fit though.
Published on September 4, 2010 by C. Lin

2.0 out of 5 stars 70% POLYESTER, 30% cotton, September 4, 2010
This review is from: Van Heusen Men's Fitted Long Sleeve Wrinkle Free Satin Stripe Shirt (Apparel)

2.0 out of 5 stars Bulky and poor quality., January 29, 2011
JDH (Miami Beach, FL) - See all my reviews
I'm a very unusual size: 15.5" collar, 37" sleeve, with a 32/34" waist - i.e. slim & tall. I thought I had found an incredible deal here with this shirt, which I had ordered specifically for a holiday party. Not only is the price good, but it appears that it's available in my size: win/win.

Upon receiving the shirt I was very disappointed and decided to wear a shirt that I already own. The cut, which is listed as 'fitted' is baggy and loose. If you're thinking this is a slim-fit shirt, think again. Additionally, the material feels cheap and uninviting. I wouldn't recommend purchasing this shirt for anything other than work, and then only if you're not dealing with clients.

I decided to return it, my first return ever from Amazon - which I'm happy to say has been stress free thus far.

Quality matters with clothing and it's worth spending a bit more for something that you're happy wearing - something that will last. For slim fits I would recommend your looking into Charles Tyrwhitt's shirts. They sometimes have amazing sales and I am more than pleased with the shirts that I have had delivered by them thus far.

2.0 out of 5 stars poor quality shirt, January 7, 2011
Shirt fits well but feels very cheap.Big difference from a 100% cotten shirt.Also has a glitter/sparkley/flashy like apperance which I don't care for.Hard to see that in the pic.

2.0 out of 5 stars 70% polyester, description lies, would never buy if knew, September 26, 2010
I never buy clothing, including shirts, with less than 60% natural material; this one consists of 70% polyester which is unacceptable for me.

The worst thing is not the shirt is bad; it's that seller lies.

Gets 2 star for well fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shirt, great buy., January 14, 2008
This was a Christmas gift for my husband. He is very tall and slim and loves the fitted style. However, they are very hard to find in his size. I'm so glad Amazon has them, as they are so convenient to buy. We even got free shipping with our order. The shirts are of great quality, and the wrinkle free feature is a bonus. The stripes are a nice touch, not too bold, but gives the usual white shirt some added class. We would definitely recommend them to friends.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, comfortable, but snags on things, October 26, 2010
This shirt looks good, and feels great to wear. It's comfortable and breathes better than many dress shirts. I've gone through two of them, they last as good as any shirt I've had, but I did notice as it got a bit old the color faded slightly.

One bad thing is that the sharp looking satin sripes (which are slightly raised to give a nice looking texture to the shirt) tend to snag on things. The slightest touch against any sharp corner or rough surface and the stripes will snag and pull out a big loop of thread. Very annoying. Once I learned this I was careful not to snag on things, but the first couple times it happened I was really steamed. If you only work in an office this might not be an issue, but if you do anything physical in your job it can be irritating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!, June 5, 2012
This item was great. it was nice to get a fitted shirt that fit the way it was supposed to. Now i don't feel like i am wearing a tent all the time. It was cut in around the waist and still broad enough in the shoulders to allow for my movement. The only drawback was that it was a tad thin, but what do you expect for the price!

1.0 out of 5 stars 75% polyester, August 11, 2011
The product description states "65% Cotton/35% Polyester". The shirt they sent is 25% Cotton/75% Polyester. And it LOOKS like a mostly polyester shirt.

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrived warped, July 27, 2011
I didnt try the shirt on so i cant comment on the fit but i returned it as soon as i saw the condition it arrived in. The packaging was about two inches short on the width and thus the shirt packaging was distored and shirt wrinkled, plus there was no plastic collar support in the neck area and collar was completely crushed. returned for a refund because once a collar is crushed like that- its crushed for good.

5.0 out of 5 stars A little flashy, but very well fitted., April 4, 2008
I'm taller and thinner than most people, so it's hard to find a shirt that doesn't look baggy on me. This shirt fits very well, and although the stripes are a little flashy, it's not too much. I wear it to work, and when I go out--I'm perfectly happy with it.