4.0 out of 5 stars Good shirt for three seasons, October 6, 2012
Saw this Van Heusen Men's Jaspe Diamond Polo Shirt when it was on one of those Lightning Deals here on Amazon, and considering the price, decided to grab one. Probably should have picked up a couple of them considering that it was less than half price at the time, but that's hindsight.

It's a comfortable cotton/poly blend, which makes it still look decent when it comes out of the washing machine. The Dark Earth color was exactly what I wanted, a dark brown and black argyle pattern, just like in the product images. This is one of those shirts that's better to be worn not tucked in, and it works well with jeans or khakis. I'm usually reluctant to buy shirts like this here, because if the fit is wrong, it can look like it was done by a tentmaker if too large, or you could look like a stuffed sausage if it's too small. In this case, the fit is right.

At full price it's a good 4-star value, but raise that to a 5-star rating if it's offered for less.

10/6/2012

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, January 28, 2014
it fit as expected. I have no complaints. I've been a shopper of this brand for years. Great Buy with this Brand every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars get Lots of complements, August 27, 2013
Everytime I wear this to work I get a ton of complients on how great it looks. I could not be happier as it was on sale on Amazon and I am finding out people paid 4 times what I paid for a similar shirt. Looks great and is very comfortable. I can even wear this in teh spring and fall as it is not too hot or too thick, very happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars X-large size was more like an XX-large size, but good quality, June 25, 2013
I was satisfied with the quality of the polo shirt, my only gripe is that I ordered for an X-large polo shirt but when it came it was quite large just like an XX-large size. Is that unique with US products? I thought X-large means X-large globally?

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy Customer, June 12, 2013
This Polo wasn't quite what I expected in that it is a little heavier than a traditional cotton polo. I guess that comes from the cotton/polyester mix. However, as a consequence it hangs off the shoulders very well and doesn't crush. It is warm and very comfortable to wear either on its own or over a t-shirt. I am really happy with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its a little large to size, April 17, 2013
I ordered XL which fits me just right, but this was much larger, but who can complain for a shirt under $20.

5.0 out of 5 stars verry nice, March 23, 2013
I bought this shirt for work (sales) were i deal with people on a daily bassis, I got many complements from female coworkers as well as a few female customers, any shirt that brings you some extra female attention is a good shirt to own, the price is outstanding as well!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the design but the shirt fits like a tent..., January 31, 2013
A few words of caution before purchasing ANY Van Heusen Men's shirts...

I can't speak for all Van Heusen clothing but I can speak specifically about Van Heusen Men's shirts.

My experience: When I first saw the Jaspe Diamond Van Heusen Polo on Van Heusen's website, I knew I had to have a few of them. I looked all over the place. They were tough to find. Fortunately, Amazon had a few preferable colors for a reasonable price. First, the pros: These are just awesome! Very stylish; Beautiful pattern; Good weight; Nice texture and I personally like the two button design to the three button design. My major qualm with this shirt is that they are way too large! I stand 5 feet 9 inches and I have a 180 pound athletic build. I usually wear a Men's Medium because that's what fits me properly. When I eagerly pulled my new shirts out of the Amazon package, I knew before I even tried them on that they weren't going to fit. Just as I had feared. Flash backward. On another occasion, I purchased a few Men's Small Van Heusen shirts from a local Van Heusen outlet because Van Heusen's Small happens to fit me perfectly, which is unusual. I don't have any other size Small from any other clothing manufacturer. I have never seen a size Small that is as large as these! Van Heusen's Small fits me like anyone else's Medium. Flash forward to my Amazon purchase. Once again, I have never ever in my whole life seen a Medium sized shirt that is this large! The Medium is like a size Large. It's baggy too, which I don't prefer. If Amazon had size Small, I would have purchased the Small but they didn't. I wanted this shirt so much that I was willing to try it again in hopes that the Small shirts that I had formerly purchased were mismarked or that somehow this Medium, being a polo, might fit differently. I was wrong. Finally, my words of caution to prospective buyers: Anyone considering purchasing these or ANY Van Heusen shirts, I would absolutely recommend purchasing one size smaller than you normally do.

After I washed the shirt in hot water and dried it on high heat, it shrank substantially and the fit is much better now. Hope this review was helpful to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice shirt, January 25, 2013
I bought this for my teenage son. The shirt fits him well. The shirt is well made and very warm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly elegant, January 10, 2013
I purchased his as a gift and, while I liked the image and product details enough to order it, I was very pleasantly surprised when I received it. The argyle-type design is well blended and the overall impression is a casually elegant shirt. Well made, true to size, good fabric weight....a really nice shirt.

ARRAY(0xa0c9e6a8)