5.0 out of 5 stars Great dress shirt
Excellent buy, sewn-in collar tabs a huge plus. Van Heusen shirts are among the best as they require minimal ironing.
Published on February 24, 2008 by Damien Hunter

1.0 out of 5 stars 65% polyester not 40% - can do better
I bought a few new shirts, here's what I found...

USPA Men's Oxford Button Down Collar 16/16.5 - 34/35 $29.40 (now $21)
Geoffrey Beene Fitted Spread Collar 16 - 34/35 $29.99 (now $22.50)
Geoffrey Beene Cool Dry Button Down Collar 16 - 34/35 $29.99
Van Heusen Poplin 16 - 34/35 $24.99

1 star: Van Heusen - cheap stitching, holes and...
Published on July 18, 2008 by TucsonShopper

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dress shirt, February 24, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Brand/Product, October 17, 2007
Love the Van Heusen line of men's dress shirts. They fit really well and are quality made. Everything was shipped quickly and arrived as stated.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, January 21, 2012
I love this shirt: the fit, feel and quality of the item is good.The fabric will last through many washings. I've thrown it into the wash and taken it out of the dryer and it's ready to go. I really would purshase another.

4.0 out of 5 stars Van Husen Shirts, July 10, 2011
I am a seamstress who was asked by a client to find some new dress shirts to embroider their company logo on. I got the shirts very expediently. They were brand new, correct size and color. I was able to complete the job in a quick and timely manner. The client was extremely satisfied with what they received. I'll definitely order more in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars great shirt, November 3, 2008
This is a great shirt for the price. Quality is pretty good, and as some reviewers pointed out its not so wrinkle free but i think it is.

1.0 out of 5 stars 65% polyester not 40% - can do better, July 18, 2008
TucsonShopper (Tucson, Arizona) - See all my reviews
I bought a few new shirts, here's what I found...

USPA Men's Oxford Button Down Collar 16/16.5 - 34/35 $29.40 (now $21)
Geoffrey Beene Fitted Spread Collar 16 - 34/35 $29.99 (now $22.50)
Geoffrey Beene Cool Dry Button Down Collar 16 - 34/35 $29.99
Van Heusen Poplin 16 - 34/35 $24.99

1 star: Van Heusen - cheap stitching, holes and buttons not aligned (65% polyester not 40%), still needs ironing

5 star: USPA - extremely well made (40% polyester) well sized neck, but HUGE American waist

5 star: Geoffrey Fitted - well made with many extras (34% polyester, 5% spandex), good fit but tight collar

5 star: Geoffrey Cool Dry - well made with most cotton (15% polyester) but a little scratchy

I wear white shirts with undershirts and a few colored shirts for without an undershirt. The Geoffrey fitted looks VERY good but I needed to buy an extra size larger for wearing an undershirt (and the right neck size) - so, I have a almond shirt the right size with a slightly tight neck and a couple white ones a size larger for with an undershirt. I also really like the Goeffrey cool dry - it's not so huge around the middle but big enough even for wearing an undershirt (which helps with the slight scrachiness, but I'll try 1/3 cup vineger in the wash, even though I have very hard water, and slow line drying in the laundry room for more cottony fluffiness) - I bought two (one french blue and one white). And, I like the little polo symbol on the USPA for a small break from just solid white shirts (but, it is very big) and a real bargin at the current price. The Van Heusen was cheap, overpriced, and not as advertised - don't buy (you can do much better with the any of the other three)!

Update two weeks later: A Consumer Reports article [...]suggested the Stafford Wrinkle Free (no longer available at Amazon) - it came out of the dryer without needing ironing unlike any of the four shirts above) - as long as it was taken right out (their [...] wrinkle free looks like a shirt from JC Penny, which it is, but I didn't try their [...] "performance" shirt, which looks nicer). Then, I found the Jos. A. Bank Traveler Tailored Fit Pinpoint Solid Buttondown Collar Dress Shirt for [...]. This is the shirt to end all shirts (and it's tailored!) - and, it doesn't even need to be taken right out of the dryer. The [...] more may be worth it for a serious road warrior (the [...] shipping is too high, though - better to find a local store as I did), but my overall favorite is still the Geoffrey Fitted (the USPA is a tent and I'm 30 pounds overweight)!

3.0 out of 5 stars Van Huesen shirts, May 18, 2011
Wasn't aware they were not 'full cut' so they are short shirts. And they did not state what material they were made of - as probably would not have purchased if known.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, January 22, 2009
This shirt looks great and wears well. One pass with the iron on medium is all it takes to eliminate any wrinkles. The material is rather thin, so it won't keep you warm on cold days. Also, if you have any tattoos you will want to wear an undershirt or it may show through.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Shirt, April 2, 2008
The only reason we did not give this five stars is because we have other shirts that when removed from the dryer immediately, need no ironing. This shirt needs a touch up (maybe more than a touch up) with the iron. It's still a nice shirt.

5.0 out of 5 stars long sleeve button down shirt, January 22, 2011
I ordered this for my husband, who needed a at least one more "dress up" shirt besides the white ones. It came on time, and looked great, and he was very pleased.