4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD FIT, CONSISTENT SIZES
Delivery was on time.
Product just as advertised and something very IMPORTANT for web purchases of apparel: CONSISTENT SIZES (you can't try things on so this is important).
If you know your size, you can buy it blind and know that it will fit perfectly.
Published on April 9, 2009 by Manuel R. Suarez

1.0 out of 5 stars Great if you never wash it!
Published on September 11, 2008 by Phillip Slepian

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD FIT, CONSISTENT SIZES, April 9, 2009
Delivery was on time.
However, for 100 % cotton I'd still go with Lands End. But for the mixed fabrics (poly-cotton) I'd stick to Van Heusen.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great if you never wash it!, September 11, 2008
This shirt is priced attractively, and I have no issues with the vendor (The Dress Shirt Group). However, it is most likely the last Van Heusen shirt I would ever buy, except perhaps for plain white shirts. After only half a dozen trips to the shirt laundry, this shirt's stripes (I have the Tuscan Red Bengal Stripe version) have run into the the white background. Worse, they have run more in some areas than others, making the shirt unwearable. I've bought shirts in this price range for years, and have always had them laundered at dry cleaning shops, but I can't remember a shirt with such a short useful life. I would avoid any colors by Van Heusen.

5.0 out of 5 stars snazzy, easy care shirt, January 12, 2009
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Van Heusen makes a wonderful "Men's Fancy Long Sleeve Easy Care Pinpoint Oxford Shirt" with long sleeves. This is perfect for workplace environments, casual business lunches, dates when you go to a formal restaurant and perhaps even school uniforms. Even though the price of the shirt isn't too high as of the time I am writing this, the shirt is very well made. For example, it doesn't fray at the ends of the sleeves or the neck as long as you treat it well. Van Heusen does a great job on the stitching.

Van Heusen makes this shirt from a blend of 60% cotton and 40% polyester--this is excellent because this means that the shirt is essentially permanent press. You could take this to the dry cleaners but it's not really necessary. I always wash and dry mine in regular temperatures in the clothes washer and dryer; and there's never a problem. The colors don't bleed onto any white clothing, either. I've been impressed but I have to admit that I also feel badly for the guy whose shirt color bled onto the white portion of the shirt.

While the stripes make the shirt look very "smart" and sophisticated, the button down collar gives the shirt a more conservative look. Although this might seem to be rather inconsistent, the shirt still looks quite good. If you're wearing this to a "sporty casual" event try wearing it with an open collar. Of course, if you choose to wear this with a tie the button down collar helps to keep your tie in place.

Just one thing: take the shirt out of your dryer as soon as the drying cycle is finished. That way it will not need much ironing if any; you'll benefit from the full effect of the "easy care" cloth. If you leave this in the dryer for hours it might need a bit of ironing.

I highly recommend this button down pinpoint oxford cloth long sleeved shirt by Van Heusen. It is remarkably durable. Moreover, it really doesn't wrinkle much at all and the permanent press fabric saves on dry cleaning bills. This will give gents a great "look" at a relatively affordable price; and it should last you quite a while.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not easy care at all, March 11, 2012
Roger Hawkins (El Paso, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Van Heusen Men' s Fancy Long Sleeve Easy Care Pinpoint Oxford Shirt (Apparel)
Shirt is styled nicely but comes out of the dryer very wrinkled and must be ironed. Apparently to be easy care does not mean iron free.

4.0 out of 5 stars Van Heusen Oxford, May 5, 2008
This is a great shirt. They run according to normal size (I wear 16-34) and the fit is excellent. Nice crisp look and wears like iron. Comfort of blend for year round wear. I am very pleased with the three colors (Blue, Tuscan Red, and Maize) I bought. Great price right now as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars IRONING REQUIRED!!!, February 11, 2010
birderbill (Jacksonville, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
I'm not sure what "Easy Care" is supposed to mean, but if you want to wear this shirt in an office you need to IRON it if you don't want to look like a slob!

Highly disappointed with the 2 I bought, and yes i did take them from the dryer immediately.

2.0 out of 5 stars Would have been a keeper if it held together longer, December 24, 2013
The shirt that this one replaced lasted me several years. Finally, the elbows started to wear thin so I purchased a few of the Van Heusens. The shirts looked fine but after only three washes one of the sleeves started to come off near the shoulder of the shirt! I know that these are not the most expensive shirts that one can buy but really expected more for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoulder seam frayed after two washes!, June 2, 2013
The sleeve started to separate from the shoulder after I wore it twice: the seam has come apart over about an inch.This was my first Van Heusen purchase, and will be my last.

3.0 out of 5 stars Van Heusen Men's Oxford white shirt, January 17, 2013
Gary "Gary" (Aurora, OH United States) - See all my reviews
Material is thinner than I am used to, so it is not warm in cold weather. However, the workmanship is very good and it is dress ready and stylish. You can see my back hair through it! Item arrived on time i good condition. washes and wears well!

1.0 out of 5 stars poor fabric, March 1, 2011
On removal of the shirt from its packaging, I noticed the back of the shirt had three holes in the fabric with small 'arrow' stickers stuck close to the holes, to apparantly highlight their existence. Can't quite figure out who stuck the stickers on the shirt, but it appears that it should have been used to fail the quality check before shipping. I took this shirt out from its packaging more than two months after purchasing it - so make sure and review your purchased items asap once delivered.

Rate and Discover Movies