- Intermediate-level stereo microscope creates three-dimensional images for basic research and educational applications
- Binocular head with 360-degree rotation and fixed 45-degree vertical inclination to ease eye strain, -5 to +5 dioptric adjustment capabilities to compensate for the difference in viewing ability between each eye, and 51 to 77mm interpupiliary distance adjustment for individual eye spacing
- 20 mm 10x widefield eyepiece (DIN); stereo objectives (1x and 2x, 1x and 3x, 2x and 4x, or 1x and 4x); parfocal and parcentered with revolving turret objectives so that items stay in focus when objectives are rotated; working distance of 102mm
- Black/white reversible stage plate to view light or dark samples, and locked-on, spring-loaded, stainless steel stage clips for durability
- Knurled focus adjustment knobs, for controlled focusing, rack and pinion assembly, slip clutch mechanism, and tension control mechanism to protect the gears
0 items added
To add items, choose from the table below
VanGuard Stereo Microscope with Binocular Head and Pole Stand
|Price:||$297.10 - $321.51|
The VanGuard 1100SP Series Stereo Microscopes are intermediate-level instru... See more product details
The VanGuard 1100SP Series Stereo Microscopes are intermediate-level instruments that have binocular heads with a 360-degree rotation capability and a fixed 45-degree vertical inclination to ease eye strain, -5 to +5 dioptric adjustment capabilities to compensate for the difference in viewing ability between each eye, and 51 to 77mm interpupiliary adjustment for individual eye spacing. The models in this series have 20mm 10x widefield eyepieces that conform to the Deutsches Institut für Normung (DIN) standard; stereo objectives (1x and 2x, 1x and 3x, 2x and 4x, or 1x and 4x); are parfocal and parcentered with revolving turret objectives so that items stay in focus when objectives are rotated; and have a working distance of 102mm. The stage plate is reversible black and white for viewing light or dark samples, and the microscope has two, locked on, stainless steel, spring-loaded stage clips for durability. The microscopes have dual, knurled focus adjustment knobs, for controlled focusing. These units have a rack and pinion assembly, a slip clutch mechanism, and a tension control mechanism to protect the gears. The stand is a solid, stainless steel pole stand with 65mm of total vertical travel ability, and vertical clearance of 65 to 175mm. They are stain-resistant and have a durable cast metal body with an enamel finish, and anti-skid rubber feet. These models come with two eyecups, a dust cover, and instructions. Additional optional eyepieces are sold separately. Stereo microscopes create three-dimensional images and are used for education, biological sciences, and manufacturing applications, among others.
Microscopes are instruments used to enhance the resolution of an object or image. Types include compound, stereo, or digital. Compound microscopes use a compound optical system with an objective lens and an eyepiece. Stereo microscopes show object depth in a three-dimensional image. Digital microscopes are used to display an image on a monitor, rather than looking through a lens. Microscopes can have monocular (one), binocular (two), or trinocular (three) eyepieces, with varying magnification abilities. Magnification ability refers to the size of an image. Resolution, also known as resolvant power, refers to the clarity of the image. The interaction between field of view (FOV), numerical aperture (NA), and working distance (WD) determines resolution. Microscopes can control magnification through a fixed focus, or through a range of adjustments. They can also utilize LED, fluorescent, and mirror light sources to help control viewing capabilities. Microscopes are widely used in education, lab research, biology, metallurgy, engineering, chemistry, manufacturing, and in the medical, forensic science, and veterinary industries.
Vee Gee Scientific manufactures laboratory equipment and supplies, and makes the VanGuard brand of products. The company, founded in 1981, is headquartered in Kirkland, WA.
Top Customer Reviews
See the Top Rated Microscopes in our Microscope Reviews.