Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Vanguard Alta+ Bag 60 Custom Bag for Alta+ Series Tripods with Folded Heights Less Than 24 Inches
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 19, 2013
The Vanguard Alta+ is a top loading drawstring bag, designed primarily as a dust cover and carry bag. The exterior fabric is heavy luggage grade polyester and does exactly what I wanted: protect my tripod from scratches, rain and dust without being bulky. Of course, no bulk also means no padding--save for the orange bottom cap--and there is little protection from impact. The appearance is handsome but unassuming, and blends in well with most luggage and camera bags. The bright orange bottom is it's only visual standout and may help you spot it in a pile of luggage. There is only one gotcha: the 1-inch wide strap. A tripod big enough to fill this bag tends to be heavy and needs a wider strap if you intend to carry it on your shoulder for more than a few minutes.

I bought this bag to stow a 3-section Gitzo Reporter with Manfrotto 128RC Fluid Head I use for DSLR video. The rig measures just under 24 inches folded with the head rotated to vertical. And, indeed, the rig just squeezed in so the length measurement is accurate. The 128RC head is bulky--5 1/2 inches at the widest point--and has to be shoehorned in a bit but I suspect the material will stretch with use (the Amazon description lacks a width spec).

The fabric quality and fit and finish of this bag are very good. The simple drawstring design does exactly what I want: hold and protect my my tripod without adding bulk. If I'm ambitious I might rig up a better strap from an old camera bag. Considering the excellent quality and low price, this is a 5-star deal.
on September 10, 2014
I had been looking everywhere for a good soft carry-case for my Induro AM34 monopod, where I could leave my Induro BHM2 ballhead mounted to the monopod ready for a shoot. Had tried a Vidpro soft zip case, but it was too big and wide for what I wanted, too bulky to throw over my shoulder and go, more like a small duffle bag! Decided to give this Vanguard Alta Series 60 drawstring bag a try, and it is perfect. Fits my monopod with ball head attached and upright, with enough height and width to easily slip it in the bag and pull the drawstring closures tight. There's no accessory pocket, but my adjustment wrench, extra screws, and extra QR plate are in a small baggie and easily slide down toward the bottom of the case The top and foot are weather-protected, and the sides are also lined with a water-resistant material. It is easy and comfortable to throw over my shoulder and go, and there's even enough room for a few small accessories, like an extra battery, memory card, remote shutter release, short lens hood, etc. The larger Vidpro case will make good storage for some of my larger, fold-down lighting stands, so it will not go to waste!
on March 16, 2014
I use it for a travel tripod. Not padded really. But keeps off the dust, and keeps tripod from getting scratched and scraped.

Just like it. Looks cool in person.

There aren't very many short bags out there, if you need it just buy it. Would recommend.
on April 21, 2016
This a great lightweight bag for carrying a tripod with ball head attached and stuffs pretty flat in a suitcase if you're travelling. I use it with my Gitzo GT3531 and Acratech ball head and put the tripod in upside down to protect the ball head with it's padded bottom (only the bottom of the bag is padded). If you do any scrambling on rocks, this is a great bag to protect your gear. I received one of these bags with a Vanguard tripod I purchased and kept using it when I outgrew the tripod. After a few years of dragging this bag everywhere the bottom started coming apart and I bought a replacement.
on May 13, 2014
I bought this second one because the first one is a bit too long for my manfrotto 190 cx pro4 tripod with arca swiss ball head on. This one is just nice. The simplicity of bag make it very functional and very durable. The orange color base is lightly padded, an additional protection for the tripod head when put upside down. It is very easy to open the draw string opening to take out or put in the tripod. All the seams are well sealed. Simple and elegant, well suit for even the most expensive tripod.
on January 10, 2016
I'm pretty suspicious of these reviews. This bag is absolutely awful. At first, I thought it was just me -- getting bruises on my shoulder, the bag swinging around into my face while hiking, the tripod falling out when going downhill... Until all of my friends complained about carrying it when we tossed it around between us on a day hike. One of them injured herself with it.

Here's the summary of cons and why you should AVOID this piece of trash at all costs:
-Difficult to put tripod in bag - awkward and frustrating
-Shoulder strap that will bruise your shoulder after a few hours
-Despite how annoying the tripod is to get in the bag, it falls out easily
-Awkward design that leads to the bag swinging around when walking on any sort of incline
-After moderate use, the bag is already falling apart - the bottom is coming off and the seams are tearing apart

This thing was just a mess all around... Emphasis on WAS, as it has now retired to the county dumpster.
இ Fuzzy Wuzzy's Summary:
ѾѾѾѾѾ Highly recommended with warm fuzzies!

Packaging, Style & Appearance: ѾѾѾѾѾ Excellent 5-fuzzies rating
Construction & Build Quality: ѾѾѾѾѾ Excellent 5-fuzzies rating
Competitive Pricing & Value: ѾѾѾѾѾ Excellent 5-fuzzies rating

փ Positives:

փ Great build quality, with strong stitching and seams.
փ Slim tube shape and not expensive.

ჯ Negatives:

ჯ Only the bottom is padded; the length of the tube is not padded.

This Vanguard Alta+ Bag 60 was included with my Vanguard tripod package. If you are purchasing a Vanguard tripod, be aware that Vanguard often includes a matching tripod bag with their tripods, so you may not need to separately purchase this tripod bag. This tripod bag is 4 3/4 inches in diameter and 23 5/8 inches long. Although Vanguard designed this bag for their Alta+ 254CT, Alta+ 255CT, Alta+ 254CP, Alta+ 254CO, Alta+ 255CO, Alta+ 203AP, Alta+ 234AP, Alta+ 234AB, Alta+ 264AP, Alta+ 233AO, and Alta Pro 265AO, this bag will also fit other tripods as long as the total folded length does not exceed 24 inches.

This tripod bag, made of thick durable 420D polyester/nylon, is sturdily made, with one orange-colored rib seam running along its length and an orange-colored circular bottom. The Vanguard name and logo, along with the words "Since 1986" and "Alta series", are printed on the bag. The bag has an adjustable shoulder strap and a drawstring closure. Although the Amazon product description mentions "Padded interior for protection", only the circular bottom is actually padded while the rest of the tube has no padding. But the unpadded tubular fabric is as thick as a strong duffel bag or backpack and it will protect your tripod from scratches. If you really require complete padding and protection for your tripod, there are other bulkier and pricier fully-padded tripod bags. But I like the slim profile of this tripod bag and its economical pricing, and the fact that it is not big, bulky, and expensive.
on December 18, 2012
I give this bag 5-stars because it exceeded my expectations.
I was looking for an inexpensive, simple, and bulk-free bag to carry and protect my Gitzo 4-section Traveler with RRS BH-40 ball head attached. This bag met these conditions superbly! The size is perfect (24" claimed length is accurate, and it's not a bit too bulky!); The cinching drawstring closure at the top works very well for both protection and easy access. It's very discreet (it's black, after all), but the orange bottom offers just enough contrast to spot it when hiding in a pile of other black photography gear. Terrific product.
on December 4, 2013
Great features, light enough to carry but strong enough to work well. Too many great features to comment here, all work great
on November 17, 2011
Great Packing! My Tripod bag came just in time, thank you! In summary: If you are looking for solid protection of your gear,it is perfect. If you just need a simple and affordable solution to carry your tripod around with you when you are out shooting, this is a great choice. Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend

See 1 answered question