Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on June 29, 2009
For starters, in the interest of full discretion, this unit is my only experience with a projector mounting system. That being said, I would highly recommend this mount to anyone, veteran or novice, looking for a projector mount. On to the specifics. This mount is sturdy. I'm lucky enough to live in a loft apartment, with exposed beams (approx. 8"x12"). After installing the 3 long screws for the mounting plate, I gave it the ol' "wiggle test". It did not budge. Long story short (maybe a bit late for that) it passed the I'm hanging, all 205 lbs, from this projector mount test. This mount is very adaptable. It can be used as a wall or ceiling mount. The 12" extension is easily left out of the configuration for close to ceiling mounts. All the hing points are secured with a main hinge bolt, and a locking bolt. I found that the locking bolt when tightened full down will hold the projector in what ever position it is in, but with a little nudging it can be moved ever so slightly to whatever orientation it needs to be in. Once the secondary locking screws are tightened down this thing does not move. It also comes with a number of screws and 2 sets of arms to attach most any projector I could imagine. On the remote chance you have a projector with mounting points that are a completely obscure thread size and count anyone comfortable with hardware could be in and out of Home Depot or Lowe's in 10 min with the parts needed, less $2 tops. All in all excluding some hyper advanced pneumatic operated, robotic ninja, space monkey navigated, projector mount; I cant see someone really beating this unit in terms of strength, adaptability, and cost.

P.S. To the reviewer that complained that he or she was having to use the screws that hold the projector to the mount, to adjust it, please spend your free time making a friend with the smallest understanding of mechanical know-how, not confusing people with sub-par Amazon reviews.
on October 27, 2009
This is a very good projector mount. I had a very difficult install ahead of me (low basement ceiling, with a support beam blocking my projector view on the ceiling (I had to mount the project behind the beam to get my 106" image). Needless to say, this was not going to be an easy install to get the image lined up without the beam interfering (and I have a DLP projector with not many placement options and limited zoom).

Long story short, this mount worked. I would have liked the three twist screws that connect the projector to the mount to be more flexible without having the projector come loose (which it did a few times). Making the ever so fine adjustments was a bit difficult since I could not get a screwdriver in there being only a few inches below the ceiling. I eventually used a drill bit and vice grip to do the job. Again, this was about a difficult install as you could probably do and this mount did the job. In most people's installs, you can adjust the arms alone and achieve great results...I had to use everything I could do to get this to seat perfectly.

I highly recommend the mount and I would be surprised if this couldn't meet your installation needs. Fit and finish is excellent and the mount won't budge once properly tightened (which is good because I do not look forward to adjusting my projector anytime soon).
on September 19, 2012
I just bought and installed this Vantage Point mount. The design seems quite good it's quite heavy and it is a sturdy as all get-out. When I'm not using it as a projector mount, I could use it for home defense.
Anyway, the mount bolted to the office wall just below the ceiling tiles and it's rock steady.
The only reasons I'm giving it four stars is that there should be either a quick release or some way to hang the projector while attaching it to the arm. Also, the instructions are one of those where they cover several different models and have lots of If you have this one do this and if you have that one do that. Hey, it's ONE freaking page! How hard would it be to write one for each.
Anyway, it's pretty easy to figure out how to mount it on the wall and get the projector up there. I'd recommend it.
on February 9, 2014
I was able to use this in the most awkward position on my door and it works well. It is very stable and I've had it in the same position for a few years now with know movement unless i move it which can be done with ease. I love all the little adjustments to angle the projector just right.
on October 27, 2015
I wanted the option of the wall mount and tried it out that way first but settled on mounting it from the ceiling just because of the location. Everything went well together, either as a wall or ceiling mount, it could be infinitely adjusted and then tighten up firmly, no slack or slippage. While the assembly instructions are lacking details they are clear to understand, very easy for a competent DIY. Great value for a very nice mount.
on September 5, 2012
Not many reviews on this mount relative to the Epson 3010. This mount works like a champ. Easy to mount, all hardware needed to install the 3010 came with the mount. The bracket is small and simple (not over-kill or overbearing) Very pleased and would recommend it. I used this mount as a wall mount for my projector.
on October 20, 2011
this mount was a great price and that is why I ordered it at first. I figured that I didn't have much to lose. I'm really glad I did because it works perfectly, and was only a 20 minute install.(some of that time was due to the fact that my drill wasn't well charged) I have read some reviews about the instructions not being as clear as they could be, and that may be true. But if you are able to successfully complete a children's shapes game you can handle this install project.
on January 15, 2013
I needed something simple yet adjustable in terms of distance from the screen, projector angle, left, right and up and down after mounting on the ceiling. With my limited handyman skill I always need adjustments after mounting at an approximate distance from the screen. I had considered the cheaper ones but the designs are inelegant and you would have to mount it at precise location. You could probably adjust the distance using the screws that hold the projector but that is very tedious to do.

I have a wooden ceiling and it was easy to anchor it and also my projector is very light about 2lb. I guess heavier projectors may need something more than just wooden screws.

I had hesitated a lot before buying this $90 for a $400 projector but I am happy and I think I made the right choice.
on August 23, 2011
What an incredible product! Very easy to install. Affordible, efficient, well constructed. I've purchased about 6 of these for projector installs in classrooms. The multiple adjustments engineered in this design are awesome. Pretty much solves any allignment issues. Truly an amazing product that saved me so much time from previous mounting products/setups.
on September 18, 2008
I am a little skeptical of 5 star reviews, but this mount most certainly deserves that!
I recently purchased a Planar Pd7060, and was in need of a mount with good adjustments, due to my low drop ceilings in my Theater/basement.(The Planar does not have a lens shift...) As mentioned in earlier reviews, the instructions are lacking, but the build quality of this thing more than makes up for the shortfall of the literature. I had to make a brace behind the ceiling tile outof 2x's and that probably took longer to do than installing the projector. I am very pleased with all the tilt, yaw, forward, back, and side to side adjustments that can be made. It is very easy to square the projector to the wall or screen you are projecting on... It has a variety of bolts included for mounting your projector, I did not need to go to Lowe's or HD to pick up any thing...My Planar has three mounting points, and the mount has 2 sets of 3 adjustable arms, that I am sure will work with almost any projector. W
There are set screws in every adjustable pivot point to lock your settings in place. This thing will not move! Pricepoint and versatility are top notch!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse