Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tirio Magic Roman Half Hunter Black Steel Hollow Skeleton Hand Wind Mechanical Pocket Watch Long Chain
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on March 6, 2014
I saw so many mixed reviews about this watch, but decided to take a chance on it. And for the first 24 hours, I wasn't disappointed. It's beautiful, and kept time really well!

You know, right up until it stopped working the next day. First the hands all stopped moving even though it was properly wound. Then my husband played with it, just resetting the time and such, and the hands started moving again. Well, the second hand did. And occasionally the minute hand. (Like, every couple of hours.) But the hour hand still wouldn't move.

Thankfully, I was able to get a refund without having to return it. I'm going to take it to a shop near us to see if they can fix it, but they may not be able to because the metal inside is too cheap. But seriously, if you want a nice-looking cheap watch for a prop in a play or with a steampunk costume or something, this one is AWESOME. So beautiful! But if you want something functional, don't bother.
on May 9, 2015
This is one of the many $20 pocket watches floating around here on Amazon. I've ordered a few as I've dropped some over time etc. This is the best I've had sofar. These types of watches have the same internal mechanisms because they're all probably from the same factory so I'll talk about other things. The face being so see-through and non-plastic makes it feel/look far more impressive than $20. The plastic face inside is much flatter, non-moving, and the seams where it connects to the watch are smooth. Much harder to tell it's plastic than some of the other watches. If I break this watch through my own fault I'm buying this exact one again.
on March 7, 2016
A genuine hand-wound pocket watch with a genuine movement you can observe! I can read it from either side, thanks for the button that pops open one cover. There are no batteries to run down or replace. I may decide to try using it on a chain or lanyard that goes around the neck. Its own chain is a single with a clip that can be hooked to a belt or belt loop or pocket edge.
on September 23, 2015
A lot of these low-rating reviews say that this watch was "a worthless piece of junk that stopped working right away." I ordered this watch roughly three months ago, and to test these claims, I have not let it stop ticking once in that whole span of time. I wound the watch all the way back up every single morning, just to see what would happen.

It still works.

This is a beautiful-looking pocket watch, and it runs just fine from what I have seen so far. The only thing that I do not really enjoy about it is how severely out-of-sync it can get with the current time (then again, that might just be my fault, as I am sure that the watch is not meant to run 24/7). If, for whatever reason, you decide to frequently use this watch, I highly recommend setting it to the correct time before leaving anywhere with it.
review image review image review image
on January 11, 2014
ordered one for a gift and liked it so we'll that we ordered two more for future gifts
Pay attention to your cart though. The first order was prime and came in two days
The second Oder said prime on page but not on we e added to he cart and didn't catch it
Those took over a month to arrive
on April 2, 2016
Bought this pocket watch as a gift for my husband. He loves the detail in being able to see the skeleton of the watch. However, he rarely uses it as he feels the screen is delicate and could be easily scratched. That could just be an assumption on his part. It looks exactly as pictured.
on July 30, 2013
I got this for a costume, I thought for the price it would look good from a distance. Wow did I underestimate it. It is beautiful. After i was bragging on it a bit I found out I had a friend who happened to have bought an almost identical one at a convention in a trade room, except his was 70 bucks. I felt kinda bad for him. Great deal, cute watch. Looks super cool! The delivery was pretty quick too!
on December 1, 2015
i just received it! and my god is it amazing!!! very beautiful. as of now it is working great and keeping time very well. lol i had to look up how to set the time though cuz i was clueless. it comes in a very nice box. which is perfect for giving to someone as a gift. very elegant looking ^.^ i am veryyyyy happy with this. i will give an update in a few weeks maybe to see how it is still doing.
i literally cant get over how nice it is. please, ignore all the negative comments on this product. they probably just had some bad luck. dont jip yourself out of such a nice pocket watch!
on October 20, 2013
I am using this as a desk clock. I like the contrast of the white hands against the dark face. This comes from overseas, so it takes a bit longer for delivery, but delivery is faster that the scheduled date. It's fun watching the mechanism.

Unlike typical wind up watches, you can't let the stem return back while winding otherwise the mechanism doesn't wind the spring much and it takes too many windings to get the spring tight. Until I used this method, the watch would need 3 windings per day or it would run out & stop if I forgot to rewind it. I'm not sure if it needs to be broken in to keep good time & condition the spring, but it seems to gain about a minute per day. I couldn't tell how well it kept time when it it kept running out.

This is a great accessory for a coat or if you wear gloves and can't easily see your wrist, but I wouldn't depend on it for my only timepiece. At least you don't need to replace batteries if you use it only occasionally.
on August 4, 2015
I love this, it looks awesome and keeps good time.

It runs about 30 hours if you wind it all the way.

My friends think it is a much older and more expensive time piece than it is, lol and I look fancy when I wear it