5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome trilogy, September 23, 2011
Ryan C. Mercer (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vatican Ambassador (Vatican Assassin Trilogy Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Alright first let me ask a question. Do you like Heinlein, Asimov, Clarke, Robinson, Niven, Hamilton? If you like any or all of those authors and their works, you'll like this series too. A great spacer trilogy that gives you a little of everything you'd want and at times makes you wonder if you are reading some lost work by Clarke, Asimov, or Heinlein but at the same time having a distinct flair that is Mike Luoma. Check this trilogy out, then read past it in the same world with the Alibi Jones stories.

4.0 out of 5 stars The story begins to move in Book 2, April 21, 2012
This review is from: Vatican Ambassador (Paperback)
The 4-star rating for this book is my own personal weighting for: new authors, good pricing, plot and readability. I wouldn't give Arthur C Clarke 4 stars if he wrote this book at the end of his career. I would if it was one of his first novels....

The trilogy picked up in the second book with a lot more 'hard' SF. I can't say that I didn't put it down, but I didn't put it down very often. I liked the character development and the way in which aliens were brought into the story line. The richness of Mike's environment really began to develop in this novel. It wasn't difficult to imagine being in the room with BC or on one of the stations. I liked the transpace drive concept...an excellent alternative to FTL travel used by most other SF authors over the years.

I'd give this a Young Reader type of style although some of the topics and the liberal use of the "F" bomb, particularly in an ecclesiastical setting, might offend some readers and parents (not me, but you've been warned).

4.0 out of 5 stars Fictional Fun, January 17, 2013
A good read, makes your mind wander around a intergalactic world, gives thought to just how stupid we are to concerning religion.

5.0 out of 5 stars great serie, December 18, 2012
Original storyline, unpredictable, packed with action. Had to buy all the books, read them in three days! Well worth the money.