5.0 out of 5 stars Nice :)
I wanted a hard case for my 17.3" Laptop,& this case turned out to be just right & nice. With the shock absorbent cusions put in place my 17.3" fit's snug like a bug in a rug :)
Published 19 months ago by V. A Cooper

2.0 out of 5 stars Great product but be careful about posted size
Published on January 20, 2012 by Joshua Rackoff

2.0 out of 5 stars Great product but be careful about posted size, January 20, 2012
This review is from: Vaultz Locking Laptop Case, 14.25 x 18 x 5 Inches, Black (VZ01216) (Office Product)
I received my case and was very happy about the quality. But outside dimensions i measured my-self. comes up to 13 X 17.75 X 5.... And interior dimensions which are not posted on amazon , but they are posted on the box 2 .25 X 16 .25 X 11 .25... I put my dell XPS 17 inch laptop in the case and it just fits snug. No room for anything else not even my charger, just my laptop.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great looking but bad locks, March 22, 2009
As usual Amazon gets it here fast. The Vaultz case seems well made, and very usable, except for the really bad combination locks. Everything (laptop and accessories) fits very well. Did I mention the really bad locks. I would have gladly paid another five or even ten dollars more to have locks that actually work. I have to physically hit the left side to get it to even close. the right side does fine but it is difficult to rotate the tumblers (as is the left side). I have other Vaultz products, and I am very disappointed in this attempt to cut costs. I do not need the locks but they are the only way to close the case which makes it worse to deal with on a daily basis.

2.0 out of 5 stars It works, but the quality isn't really there, November 4, 2009
RED ROCKER (Hendertucky, NV) - See all my reviews
THE LOCKS! as another mentioned are junk, the first case BOTH locks went south after 6 days... I got a replacement and they worked for about 4 months and crapped out. I am very easy with my stuff and treated it nice, but the tumblers felt like any day they were going to go. I have to manually slide the locks in to hold the latches down and thats how the case closes. So far, there's been one time where the case was in the trunk and I didnt check the latches before I lifted it out (the slides had vibrated out) and all my crap fell out.

The inside felt and velcro dividers are nice, but I had to pretty much re-glue everything back in place, so far so good.

I learned my lesson, on to the next.

3.0 out of 5 stars Physical body, June 5, 2013
Physical body Decent. Not superior.

The inside is well organized.

Where all these briefcases fail / suck is with their locks. They all fail way to soon. No coincidence.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality of product., April 8, 2013
I would not recommend this to anyone. Poor quality poor craftmenship. Came undone under a month of use.. Not a good buy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks great - doesn't hold up, September 4, 2013
I'll start out by saying that I used this briefcase hard. As a student, this case carried my computer every day as it was shoved into lockers, thrown onto the floor, kicked, and sat on. Over the year I had the product, I learned all of it's strong points and it's weaknesses.

For the strong points - there really aren't any other than it looks awesome on the Amazon photograph.

The weak points - very poor construction. The briefcase is built out of plywood, with metal trim, rubber on the outside, and padding on the inside. The metal held it's shape okay but the briefcase was flimsy overall and towards the end of it's life, all the foam padding on the inside became unglued. The locks are okay but nothing to write home about. The plywood got dinged after being sat on once - although I agree it wasn't meant to be sat on, I wasn't expecting the side to actually deform as much as it did. The "security port" on the side wont do anything to stop someone from stealing your briefcase, since ripping off the entire side would only require moderate effort. Laptop stolen!

I abused it, for sure. 150 days of nonstop hard use will do a number on almost every computer case. When I bought this case, however, I was expecting something that would be marred, but not irreversibly compromised. For most people, this will work fine, but don't expect it to last 20 years like grandfather's briefcase. If you're going to use it hard or actually expect your laptop to be secure, invest a few more dollars and get a real briefcase.

**EDIT**

I have since bought a Pelican 1495 briefcase ( 1495 Case with Foam (Black) ) that is holding up much better than this did. Although it does show it's scratches, it is very, very solid. Waterproof, dust proof, bomb-proof according to one review (haven't tested that yet though), and you can sit on it! The biggest downside is that it won't fit in my locker, but that only applies to me. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice :), December 9, 2012
V. A Cooper "vcooper1" (Jackson Heights, NY United States) - See all my reviews
The cusions can be placed where you want them & have Velcrow on the ends so they can stay in place where you need them. I have no room for anything else around my LT after putting the cusions in where I want them. Everything else goes in the storage area. I've read the reviews on this case about a problem with the locks or latches going bad,or having poor quality,but that didn't stop me from ordering it. I'll see for myself over time. If the locks or latches become faulty over time, I can get,& I've used latches with rotating knobs with key cylinders that will fit this case just right,& I'd install one in the middle under the handle. I've done it to other cases like this one,so I'm not too concerned. I'll fix it with a lockable latch in the middle.
Over all, I think this case is nice. It serves it's purpose for me,& I'll keep it.

1.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP JUNK!, July 2, 2014
Absolute garbage. 2 months +/- of daily use and the front is falling off, the file holder has fallen off of the backing, and the pockets are ripping. The best part is that my return window has expired. THANKS AMAZON!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars I got this to keep my Notary Public supplies locked ..., June 30, 2014
I got this to keep my Notary Public supplies locked up, as required by law. I don't think it would survive any long term abuse, but it serves it purpose.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great lock box, June 24, 2014
Jesse Boudreau (Buxton, NC United States) - See all my reviews
Not too many choices for locked carry boxes in this size, specially one that fits a laptop lock cable. Cheaply made, hopefully it holds up. Looks good tho, and I like the carry strap

Rate and Discover Movies