5.0 out of 5 stars Hello, waistline! Where have you been?
Published on March 4, 2011 by Daisy Larchmont

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK?
Published on November 4, 2011 by Twinkle Twinkle Little Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Hello, waistline! Where have you been?, March 4, 2011
This review is from: Vedette Women's Megane Open Bust Bodysuit w/ Lace Trim (Apparel)
OK girls, here's the specifics: I am 46 years old, 5' 5" and 144 pounds, a bit overweight. Thanks to a few years of bad eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle, I now have a rectangular or "straight" figure (no waistline) and I miss being able to fit into my dresses and sexy clothes! I have tried other products like Spanx, but they just don't have the control I need to create a waistline. I ordered this product hoping for the best. It arrived in 4 days. I put it on and was immediately impressed by how well-made and sturdy it is. The hook and eye closures are truly heavy-duty, and the material is lustrous and soft. Then I looked in the mirror - VA-VA-VOOM!!!! The corselette pushed my extra pounds into all the right places, giving me the curvaceous hourglass figure I dreamed about. So many of the other tummy-trimmer products I'd tried ended up rolling down from the top after only a few minutes, making an unsightly bulge. The beauty of this body shaper is that it comes all the way up to your boobs (no telltale bumps or rolls) and has shoulder straps to keep it from drifting south. The built-in panty is also very comfortable (no wedgies) and undetectable under clothing. If you have any lower back problems, this product will give you some relief as the boning acts like a back brace. I am not sure if I could wear this all day, as some people seem to, but it sure is fabulous for a special event or night out!

Some reviewers have pointed out that it's hard to tell how well this product will work based on the skinny models used in the ads. I agree completely, why "demonstrate" a corset on a thin woman? They'd do better to show before and after images based on average-weight models. Just sayin'. :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect Shaper, September 8, 2011
Now THIS is a body shaper! It's a fight to get into, but the results are fabulous. If you read my other review on Shaper 302, you will know that my biggest concern is a flattened belly (or close to it). This baby does the job. My stomach is as flat is it could possibly get while sparing my comfort and breathing ability. It doesn't create the best hour glass shape and there isn't much butt-lift whatsoever, but if your main concern is to whittle the mid-section down and smooth everything out, then this is a great shaper for you. It's also pretty sexy, with the built lace panty. Recommended to be worn under thicker clothing. Now if only there was a shaper that gave these results AND was absolutely invisible...THAT would be perfect. But this one comes pretty darn close. Included are my measurements, I bought a size M.

height - 5'5''
weight - 151 lbs
chest - 36DD
waist - 31''
hips - 39''
size - 9/10

5.0 out of 5 stars so worth the money, September 22, 2010
This body shaper is sweet. Provides great compression and my back hasn't hurt at all today. Better yet, it creates a great hourglass shape and I have received a number of compliments on my dress today (which I've worn previously and no one noticed). It is very well made and sturdy. I've been wearing it for six hours already and am not overly hot or sweaty at all. It is hook and eye closure and the hooks seem sturdy. I hope they hold up! Please note: I wouldn't wear a sheer or thin fabric over the garment because the hook and eye closure runs the front length and leaves a seam. Bonus: item came within 2 business days.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comparison vs. Squeem, February 16, 2012
K. Lee (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Ever since having a baby, things just haven't been quite the same... I've started investing into various shapewear options to see if there is a perfect solution to helping streamline things a bit while still letting me breathe. I started with standard department store options, which I found too soft and floppy to be very effective. Then went the other extreme, to Squeem. Ordered this to see if it could be a nice in-between option. My opinion:

1. Squeem's vest is much thicker - whether it's the rubber or the fabric, I can't really tell but it feels almost like wearing a wetsuit. I feel compelled to wear a thin camisole underneath the Squeem vest; not so much with the Vedette.

2. The straps on the Squeem vest dig into my shoulders a lot more; that is almost more uncomfortable than the compression. By the end of the day I have angry red marks on both my shoulders all the way around to my underarm area. The straps on the Vedette are much softer and the design is such that it doesn't chafe at all.

3. I like the panty option on the Vedette, which keeps things in place and adds minimal hassle when going to the restroom, etc. However, there is a seam between the panty part of the shaper and the main part that goes around the torso, and I feel like it causes an unnatural constriction there that is not quite around the waistline, but not quite around the hips either. Maybe ladies who have a longer torso wouldn't mind it as much as it would probaby hit in a smaller part of their waist, but for me it's in a very odd spot.

4. The Squeem vest definitely softens and molds a bit over time; will have to see if the same happens to the Vedette.

In conclusion, Squeem is probably more effective at sheer power of compression, but Vedette is much more wearable for everyday use.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK?, November 4, 2011
Alright I have to say the reviews are pretty good on this so I guess I was dissapointed a bit when I received this product. First of all I am almost 5 ft 8 and I wear a size 8 this garment I purchased a medium. I am not a very large woman to begin with, I do have somewhat of an hourglass figure already but when I put this on in the mirror my front shape looked sexy but there is not enough compression on the bottom below the belly button. This is my trouble spot, I am stretched out because I have had kids so this is the area I am most concered with. I felt the bump in my front looked bigger. I do like the fact that it is a one piece although the negative is that it rides up in my crotch. I like my squeem vest better even though I cant wear it with jeans I do feel the compression is better. I hope this review help you out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and sexy, October 21, 2010
hybridrainbow (Boston, Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
This body shaper is amazing. It's very comfortable, flexible, and does a great job both flattening your tummy and straightening your posture. I bought it because as a student i have to sit on uncomfortable stools with no back support for long periods of time, and it helped me sit up straight and relieve a lot of the back pain I had. Also I couldn't believe how amazing it made me look in my clothing, I've never felt more confident than while wearing it. I use it daily and to wash it I simply throw it in the washer and hang it to dry, works great. I haven't tried it with a strapless bra yet so I can't say too much on support, but I have noticed a better bust shape overall when I'm wearing something. In all I really love this product and I can barely go out of the house without it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great body shaper, July 1, 2010
I use other body shapers and was looking for something more comfortable that has good compression at the same time. This shaper is the best shaper that I have found so far that compresses and is also extremely comfortable. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me feel SEXY!, January 22, 2012
Oh man... what can I say about this? I LOVE IT! I ordered it in beige in a size medium (because it was slightly more affordable and I didn't want to spend all the money on black if it wasn't going to work for me.) It was perfect for me. I am about 160 lbs and 5'9. This really brings out an hour glass figure, pushes up my breasts and makes me look incredible. No joke, I get STOPPED ON THE STREET, at the store, at school, and wherever I go in public wearing this (even when I am wearing it under jeans and a t-shirt but ESPECIALLY when I wear it under a dress). My figure is definitely an attention getter when I wear this and I have gotten compliments from men and women. I feel that my posture is better when I wear it and it has helped me with some back issues that I have. The crotch part is a bit uncomfortable if you don't wear it with your own panties.

I feel confident wearing it. The only parts that I would improve would be the crotch area and the quality of the straps. The straps feel cheap to me but I am planning on replacing them with Victoria's Secret straps so that they aren't so obvious and uncomfortable, even so I LOVE this and those things are not enough to take away from the 5 star rating.

Would I recommend them? YES! I feel like a WOMANLY WOMAN when I wear this!

***UPDATE***

It's been several months since I purchased this and I STILL LOVE IT! I have grown accustomed to wearing it and it has become so easy to put it on and take it off! I sometimes wear it when I exercise because I feel that the added heat in my abdomen area is helping me lose a little bit in the middle because it keeps my muscles warm longer. I would definitely recommend that you wash it EACH AND EVERY TIME you wear it if it got sweaty or you could end up irritating your skin. I would say some other added benefits are the back support and if you're wearing it you can't exactly stuff your face because (at least for me) I start feeling constricted. Haha, it's kind of cool because it helps me from overeating. I am still very pleased with it, I want to buy it for myself in black since I have the beige one. If I had $100 to spare I would get another one in beige and also one in black.

The only concern I have is that the panty/crotch part with the hooks is slowly tearing from being washed so much. This material is definitely more delicate than the corset part.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great on the waistline, but that's about it, January 27, 2011
This garment slims your waistline drastically. I'd say you could even be down a size or two in terms of the waist. However, all those inches you appear to be reducing on the waist with this garment get pushed to your lower abdomen, as there is no support provided in the lower body.

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutly Love this thing!!, May 12, 2011
I read all the reviews and was very skeptical because of products that I have purchased prior to that did not work. I am a size large (bought a Med), lost a little weight from a pregnancy, but things are where they used to be : o(. So I read the reviews and thought, why not. I am so glad I got this thing. Now its a little work out trying to hook all the hooks but you got to work your way down. The first time I tried to on, I started hooking up from the bottom and worked my way up and stuff was "spilling over" NOT SEXY at all. Start from the top and work your way down. Once I got all the "excess fluff" into it, I could not believe it. Everything is compressed and smooth!! The ONLY complaint is the "panty" portion of this kind gives you a wedgy (front and back), so I have to excuse myself to the bathroom and pull it out, which is the only reason I gave it 4 starts and not five. But I don't care, it's worth it, and it works. No more love handles or belly bulge hanging over the edges of my pants. I LOVE this and I am going to buy a black one too!!

Rate and Discover Movies