4,217 of 4,309 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars A warning from across the pond...
After having been told my danglies looked like an elderly rastafarian I decided to take the plunge and buy some of this as previous shaving attempts had only been mildly succesful and I nearly put my back out trying to reach the more difficult bits. Being a bit of a romantic I thought I would do the deed on the missus's birthday as a bit of a treat.
I ordered it well...
Published 21 months ago by A. Chappell

1.0 out of 5 stars didn't work
I could shave faster.
I tried a a spot with low hair density and followed the instructions. Results were just ok.
Next day, stubble just as if I had shaved. With shaving, initial results are 100% better and faster.
I may have hair that is too thick or coarse for this product. If you have baby fine body hair, YMMV.
Published 14 months ago by S. Lipsey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4,217 of 4,309 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars A warning from across the pond..., July 3, 2012
This review is from: Veet for Men Hair Removal Gel Creme 200ml (Health and Beauty)
I ordered it well in advance and working in the North sea I considerd myself a bit above some of the characters writing the previous reviews and wrote them off as soft office types...oh my fellow sufferers how wrong I was. I waited until the other half was tucked up in bed and after giving some vague hints about a special surprise I went down to the bathroom. Initially all went well and I applied the gel and stood waiting for something to happen.
I didn't have long to wait. At first there was a gentle warmth which in a matter of seconds was replaced by an intense burning and a feeling I can only describe as like being given a barbed wire wedgie by two people intent on hitting the ceiling with my head. Religion hadn't featured much in my life until that night but I suddenly became willing to convert to any religion to stop the violent burning around the turd tunnel and what seemed like the destruction of the meat and two veg. Struggling to not bite through my bottom lip I tried to wash the gel of in the sink and only succeeded in blocking the plughole with a mat of hair. Through the haze of tears I struggled out of the bathroom across the hall into the kitchen by this time walking was not really possible and I crawled the final yard to the fridge in the hope of some form of cold relief. I yanked the freezer drawer out and found a tub of ice cream, tore the lid of and positioned it under me.
The relief was fantastic but only temporary as it melted fairly quickly and the fiery stabbing soon returned .Due to the shape of the ice cream tub I hadn't managed to give the starfish any treatment and I groped around in the drawer for something else as I was sure my vision was going to fail fairly soon.I grabbed a bag of what I later found out was frozen sprouts and tore it open trying to be quiet as I did so.I took a handful of them and tried in vain to clench some between the cheeks of my arse. This was not doing the trick as some of the gel had found it's way up the chutney channel and it felt like the space shuttle was running it's engines behind me. This was probably and hopefully the only time in my life I was going to wish there was a gay snowman in the kitchen which should give you some idea of the depths I was willing to sink to in order to ease the pain.
The only solution my pain crazed mind could come up with was to gently ease one of the sprouts where no veg had gone before. unfortunately, alerted by the strange grunts coming from the kitchen the other half chose that moment to come and investigate and was greeted by the sight of me, arse in the air, strawberry ice cream dripping from my bell end pushing a sprout up my arse while muttering..." Ooooh that feels good ". Understandably this was a shock to her and she let out a scream and as I hadn't heard her come in it caused an involutary spasm of shock in myself which resulted in the sprout being ejected at quite some speed in her direction. I can understand that having a sprout farted against your leg at 11 at night in the kitchen probably wasn't the special surprise she was expecting and having to explain to the kids the next day what the strange hollow in the ice cream was didn't improve my status...So to sum it up Veet removes hair, dignity and self respect...:)

5.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT PUT ON KNOB AND BOLLOCKS, May 11, 2012
Being a loose cannon who does not play by the rules the first thing I did was ignore the warning and smear this all over my knob and bollocks. The bollocks I knew and loved are gone now. In their place is a maroon coloured bag of agony which sends stabs of pain up my body every time it grazes against my thigh or an article of clothing. I am suffering so that you don't have to. Heed my lesson. DO NOT PUT ON KNOB AND BOLLOCKS.

(I am giving this product a 5 because despite the fact that I think my bollocks might fall off, they are now completely hairless.)

5.0 out of 5 stars A new lease on life, September 11, 2012
For years i had wondered what little Jim (because you go there for a work out) would look like with a new and stylish hair cut. Stephan, my hair dresser, has always recommended that I get my eye brows waxed as he claims it would open up my eyes and remove 10 to 15 pounds of hair from my brow, easing strain on my neck and preventing scratching my corneas prematurely.

So i thought, why stop at the eye brows. Surely Jim deserves a new lease on life as well. I mean, he gets very hot in there and begins to smell like a giants sock that got left in the corner of the bathroom for two weeks following playing in a mud puddle.

As any male would do, I paid off reading the label. If i didn't read them when replacing the brakes on my grandmas 1992 Pintara, I certainly wouldn't for this. Setting myself up for success, I attempted this after enjoying six scotches (to numb the pain) and lowered myself into a dry bath with the plan of banging on the water when the time was up to scrub away what resembled tom seleck wearing an oversized spider on his head. I imagined the warm water rushing over the smooth as eggs marbles and a deceptively bigger looking Jim. Jim would frolic in the water while I lavished attention on him, and we would be the happier for it.

Needless to say, 30 mins later i woke up to a piercing scream that sounded somewhere between Alanis Morrisette singing opera and a baboon that just ate its own turd for the first time. It took me a few minutes to realise that this sound was emitting from my own throat. Jim now resembled a midget in a bright red swim suit cowering in fear in the corner of a room, sitting on an equally bright red bean bag.

It has now been 2 weeks. The medicated hand lotion that I rub into the team hourly has eased most of the pain. Pants are now able to be worn when moving around without Jim causing my brain to implode, and he is now able to be handled without the use of a soft felt cloth, cotton balls and a lot of TLC.

All in all, I would recommend the experience to all. It now looks like two slightly sunburnt looking "`Mini-me's" hanging below a more resourceful, more dynamic, more capable and certainly a well groomed Jim. Of a side note, both my parents and the treating doctors at the emergency ward commented on how smooth and well groomed the package looks. It's a shame the rest of my body still looks like the wolf man having sex with a Yeti.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleaure and pain, June 13, 2013
Being a regular bloke who watches Football and does not like watching the WWWF l had never even considered getting rid of the hair down below, this was before l discovered l had somehow got infected with 100's of tiny new friends down there.
Also being a regular bloke l never, ever read reviews which is why l own 2 ''Sunggies'' and one of those lights you attach to your forehead to help you read at night ( those things really, really hurt ).
l thought about just shaving but my hands tend to shake when l get excited , plus had no idea how to deal with the wrinkly bits, l was so excited to find this product in the local chemists ( funnily enough it was a full stack of them, no-one else had seemed to buy one before.
I got home and again being a normal bloke l smothered the whole tube over my bits.
As others have mentioned, the first minute or so is actually very good, l felt very much how a nice hotdog must feel.
Then it got hotter and hotter and even hotter, my 2 veg vanished for their own protection and ''Percy'' turned a almost beautiful shade of deep purple. The good thing was that my little friends got the heck out of there, some using Percy as a tiny ( by then ) gangplank, was very much like rats leaving a sinking ship.
I cannot describe the pain l felt, the closest l can come is a huge toothache....but a hot toothache, that's if your tooth was floppy and you were drinking battery acid, it hurt so bad it made the time l at on a wasps nest seem trivial, the bad thing is now its gone l kinda miss it.
Fear not my friends, l soon discovered that ''Dannon'' yogurt ( Peach if possible ) along with that squirty cream works great as a relief, though you keep having to put more on every 20 minutes or so, as a bonus it smells pretty nice as well.
Wonderful product, removes hair and also gets rid of unwanted visitors. 5 stars from me and l will buy again

5.0 out of 5 stars Poor man's sex change operation, February 20, 2013
This will remove all male parts, if applied to the groin area. That may warrant a 5 star if that's what you wanted to accomplish, or a 1 star if all you wanted to do is remove hair. Please follow the directions to the letter.

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff really works, but pay close attention to the instructions..., June 12, 2012
I came to Veet as an innocent man does to a woman's product with images of satin calf and gentle hand. And with that in my head, after one long summer bike ride I loaded my palm and went to work slathering it liberally on my twig and berries. What happened next forever changed my life. In that universe of blinding pain I would have eagerly kissed the medieval executioner's sewer pipe mouth and put my head to the block with grateful smile anticipating sweet release. No stocks, no flail, not even the inquisitor's cruelest implement could compare. But after the pain there came a smoothness more intoxicating even than the tears of the Poppy, and as with that dread flower I was hooked. But the coarseness of a vengeful Blackbeard slowly took that smoothness back, and so a blissful, dreadful cycle began and I was caught in the middle of it all. After my wife left me, I found myself in my parent's basement. And when I lost my job I began to search all the obscure and dusty library shelves for resolution. Then, in the back of a Chinese takeout shop, I found the man who led me in my mind to a place where nothing mattered. Now, after days of nonstop meditation, I am able to ride the pain...barely. There is still much more work to be done, but now at least I have hope.

5.0 out of 5 stars just the ticket for stag dos, rugby tours and the like, June 18, 2012
P. Gill "paulgill" (Pontyclun, South Wales) - See all my reviews
Whilst not wanting to flog the concept to death, my review does not involve applying veet to the undercarriage. I'm somewhat of a legend scrumhalf (and lothario) in Pontyberem Rugby Football Club where I'm known for my killer haircuts. Over the years I've sported the George Michael (last Christmas) look, the Steve Beaton (the best looking man in darts) mullet and more recently, despite my advancing years and thinning pate, the Justin Beiber look.

However, I recently made the fatal mistake of falling asleep in the clubhouse after drinking 3 pints of ice, laced with Magners Cider. I was awoken by two things just after Russ McDougall (capped once for the Scottish barbarians in 1973) had given his after dinner speech; the smell of marinated ribs cooking on a barbeque and the sensation of boiling water being poured on my bonce.

I ran to the toilets only to find that it was too late to save my already thinning thatch. Hair and chunks of melting flesh were coming out in handfuls. Such was the mess that the paramedic who took me to the burns unit said the scene reminded him of the night he watched Saw IX in 3D without the glasses on, whilst eating a large bag of Tangy Cheese Doritos. I'm now known as `Mars' as my noggins resembles the surface of the red planet and I look like Telly Savalas, who has spent 3 consecutive days sunbathing in Chernobyl. That said it's the stuff of legends. So for stag dos, or crazy rugby tours where some sap gets tucked up by his `mates', veet gets 5 stars from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Perfect., November 20, 2012
I had no intentions of buying this stuff, but after the laughs and reviews, I thought I'd give it a shot. I've never been one to miss an opportunity.

I used Nair once in high school, but it was awful. The smell alone was horrific, and the product hardly worked at all. Well I was very surprised when I applied a test amount to a small patch to realize the odor was not only not olfactorally catastrophic, but even mildly pleasant. Great first impression, I must say. When, after the recommended 5 minutes, I began to remove the patch of hair, I was likewise surprised at the results - Removal was quick, easy, and entirely thorough. These guys have certainly done their homework.

After my confidence had been built, I went for the kill. Full-torso lather. Including the "bits" that you were warned about, not just by the reviewers, but by the label itself. This is when I realized not only how unbelievably amazing this product is, but that either the reviewers are a bunch of pale-skinned, tea-drinking sissies, or that the inside joke completely went over my head. No burning, no redness, no nothing. In fact, I left some parts to "soak" for up to 10 or 15 minutes, and maybe... MAYBE felt a little bit of itchiness. Scrape, remove, rinse, and shine. It really is that easy. And I'm not talkin' peach fuzz either.

I can't believe I found something so cheap and fast as shaving, but so effective as waxing without the cost or pain. Great job Veet! You've earned yourself a new subscriber.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best, March 23, 2014
Best hair removal Ever, full recommended!! This is my second time using it. You wanna get smooth...this is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perineum fashionista, September 5, 2013
On a perfect whimsical summer evening frolicking with the spouse, I found a perfect reason to use this product deeply stored in my medicine cabinet. The berries were awaiting the tongue thrashing they've long awaited for quite some time now. Besides the area started to resemble two semi-merged strawberry mochis dropped, or freshly hatched baby bird, under a barber's chair after cutting Pete Wentz's hair that somehow bent and squiggled before landing on a linoleum floor (I digress). After applying a coat of this magical potion to my plums, I quickly came to the assertion that in when dealing with such a sensitive area one should take the right precautions to protect the objects of one's gender. There is not a day that goes by that I wish I was more precautious in using such a caustic substance on my genitals. What once started as a cool sensation quickly turned to what felt like dipping one's own sack straight into a container filled with sulfuric acid mixed with an accelerator. As I attempted to extinguish the brush fire with water, the sensation, led by the trickling water, was voyaging to downtown browntown. This rapidly occurring phenomenon felt like burning gasoline furrowed by the incision of razor blade abruptly travelling to an area that once only felt the pain of a small razor nick. From that point, in my panic, I grabbed a thawing chicken from the refuse to aid in moderating the grease fire in my kitchen. There's no need to expand on the description on how badly decaying poultry mixed with burning flesh would be to one's olfactory cells, but I can go as far as saying the aroma was much like having gangrene on or near the anus whilst in the midst of defecating in a small wooden shack in the middle of the desert midday in August. Nonetheless, Veet for Men Hair Removal Gel Crème works extremely well at removing those unsightly byproducts from your mammalian skin organ, if so desired, quick and discrete. This product has done an amazing job at keeping the jungle down under maintenance free for over a year. The doctor was so amazed on how well the product did that he, without a doubt, gave the prognosis that hair will never invade my undercarriage again. The scars for such an inexpensive permenant treatment were well worth paying less than $20 is well deserving of 5 stars from this satisfied customer.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›