Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: one size|Color: Black|Change

on June 9, 2012
I hiked in Alaska for a few weeks last year and this was perfect for keeping my nose and ears from freezing of of my face. The only problem is that when I don this balaclava people often mistake me for a ninja. Not really a big deal. I just explain to them that if I really was a ninja they would have never seen me coming.
66 comments| 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2010
Just to add on to what Mattyr1974 reviewed, yes it is a 5.00 balaclava about the price of a subway sammich so think of it as disposable. It fits like second skin just enough to cut the chilly air in MN when I am on the sportbike heading to work or to wear as a sweat barrier on hot track days. I like a snugger fitting helmet and this balaclava does not make my helmet fit any tighter. The only item I would like to elaborate on is the lack of neck protection from the wind or cold. There is not enough to tuck into my jacket, take into account I wear a XXL helmet and have a 18.5" neck so it might just be me. Oh yes, and the fit around your eyes is sloppy like the photo shows and the stitching is bunched at your nose. If you are looking for good neck coverage and a custom fit check out another balaclava that I did a review on. In conclusion this is a fantastic, thin, disposable 5 dollar balaclava.
on April 16, 2011
This is not something to use as a primary head cover. It is perfect for those who hate scratchy winter caps or for under helmets to keep them clean and warmer. My son loves this under his winter cap.

Also good if your looking to become a ninja.
on February 15, 2011
I used this on Mt. Hood, notorious for cold winds near the top, and it worked great! It was warm, light, and silky. I turned it inside out so my nose wouldn't feel the seam and it was fine! It covered my neck enough, too.
on March 18, 2013
Thinking it would be a great product for the price. You get what you pay for the seam runs directly up the middle of the face and is very bothersome. Constant readjusting to get it to remain comfortable while wearing it. All in all a product that is actually only worth a few dollars. I would not purchase it again. Spend more money for a quality product.
on December 3, 2012
When I was buying this balaclava I was afraid it would not fit, but when I got it and tried it on it fit perfectly. I have a pretty big head 61cm. If your head is big, buy with confidence.
on January 17, 2011
I ride my motorcycle everyday as long as it's dry out regardless if it is 20F or 110F. I've always wanted an inexpensive face mask that would have some sort of neck protection so there wouldn't be wind running into my helmet to my face and neck. Well, this did the trick. I love it for the price it is. I wouldn't mind getting a longer one though, not that this one is too short to protect my neck. I just want something longer so I can still have a large range of head-movement without chancing the mask getting un-tugged.
on January 16, 2013
This product is as thin as paper, and pretty useless for skiing/snowmobiling. I don't even know what this would be good for, maybe for scaring people or something. Don't waste your money.
on May 16, 2013
Good for those chilly rides. Not suggested when doing your banking,,,it makes tellers nervous. It is darn well made...wish I had one in flesh color, too.
on December 17, 2015
I was very disappointed with the item I received, the image looks like a very comfortable winter weather item, however when I received it, I found that it was about as thin as nylon, and fits so tight around your face that it hinders your ability to breathe. The vision window is also cut in such a way that it does not fit well on the face and the lower seam sits across your eyes obscuring vision and also poking into your eyes if the material shifts at all. In order to keep it from sitting in your eyes, you have to wear it below your nose. Even just barely on the tip of the nose the material sits in your eyes. Maybe I had a bad item, but I returned it for a refund and do not intend to buy it again.