Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 14, 2010
I can't even begin to describe what a great book I found! While I was looking about amazon for a good vegan beginner's book, I saw that this book was current, and looked basic enough that my college budget could afford it. Not only could I afford the ingredients, many of them I already had stocked in my ramen-based pantry!

Basically, it's a standard vegan baking book. Personally, when I first went vegan-ish, a lot of the vegan books were a little too intimidating at first. This one was not only cheap, easy to store among bulky textbooks, but had such colorful and simple photography that I felt like I was about to eat everything!

I would say this is either for the starter-vegan, or for the much-modern hostess who wants to be able to make the trendiest (and easiest) recipes for her animal loving friends.

Bon Appetit! :)
on November 19, 2010
I bought this book, more than anything as a filler to fulfill my order minimum for free shipping. I honestly hadn't heard of the author, or the book and ordered it basically because it was new on the market. I was expecting a basic baking book, and hoped I'd enjoy a recipe or two but what I got was a wonderful book that I use more than any other in my varied collection.

I will go on to say,that I am not vegan. I am a vegetarian who strives to go all the way one day to veganism, but haven't taken the plunge. I still indulge in regular treats on the odd occassion, so I know exactly what they are supposed to taste like. I will say that every recipe I've tried are every bit as good and often better than their non vegan counterparts. The waffles are one such example, the brownies are another.

The author, who's son has severe allergies to nuts,eggs & dairy developed these recipes originally so her family would not have to go without delicious baked goods in their own lives. I'm so glad she adapted her previous book for vegans; if she hadn't I likely wouldn't have come across it.

It really is a fabulous collection...she even includes a recipe for caramel corn. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
on May 2, 2014
When my granddaughter decided to become vegan, it was a challenge to be able to make her food that wasn't just "the other stuff" besides the meat. As I've learned more about vegan eating, I knew I had to get a cookbook to help me. This is one awesome cookbook, and I'm very glad I found it! This one is for baked goods, and the recipes are easy to follow, and the culinary creations are very tasty. Try the brownies - they are really great!
on October 4, 2013
There are a great variety of Recipes that will please even the most discerning palate. Vegans and non vegans alike are sure to gobble up these goodies. The book is well written and a little family tidbit is given before each recipe so you feel close to the author. I highly recommend this little gem!
on February 2, 2011
I love this baking book. I have made a few things so far out of it and they have all been great. The strawberry cupcakes I made the other day because I wanted to bake something and I happened to have every ingredient on hand. They were so moist and yummy. I have also made the brownies and biscuits. A great baking book that is not too complicated and healthy.
on February 12, 2014
I have tried several recipes from this book and each one has exceeded my expectations. Clearly, Kelly has done her research on vegan baking and it shows in each recipe. I've brought recipes in for carry-ins at work and no one knows they're vegan! I can't say enough how awesome this book has been.
on January 21, 2013
The book is very simple I tried a few recipes as my daughter as a dairy allergy. The double chocolate cookies are awesome. I wasn't too happy about the yellow cake, it was a bit spongy ( maybe didn't follow instructions right). I am still happy with the book very basic
on August 28, 2014
A friend of mine got me this 4 years ago as my first official vegan baking cookbook, and I've been using it ever since. The breads are to die for. I have never tasted better banana or pumpkin bread (which you should try making into muffins if you like more crust). I make the Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins at least once a month and they disappear so quickly. The Classic Yellow Birthday Cake (using regular flower and replacing 4Tbs of it with corn starch to make cake flower) blows my mind and it is so easy and quick to make. It never lasts more than a day and a half. Other favorites include the Raspberry Bars, Lemon Cake (You'll need 3 lemons), Carrot Cake, Texas Sheet Cake, and all the frostings.

The ingredients are so easy in this book - I nearly always have every ingredient I need already stocked. I was originally really wary about baking with silken tofu...because it was tofu, but now, thanks to this book, it's one of my favorite things to use and I get so excited when I see it in a recipe because I know the baked good will come out delicious and fluffy and creamy.

I love cookbooks that have lots of pictures and this one does not disappoint! Additionally, I love that the banana bread has a lot of bananas in it (3), the pumpkin bread has real pumpkin in it, the lemon cake has real lemon, etc. and that the binders used in the recipes (in place of eggs) actually bring out the flavors even more! (E.g. orange juice in the pumpkin bread - genius!)

This book is perfect for beginners to baking, beginners to vegan/slightly-healthier baking, bakers looking to expand their recipes or try new recipes of traditional favorites, or anyone looking for delicious, easy-to-make, no-weird-ingredient, real-food recipes.
on November 4, 2012
I reviewed the Kindle version of this book and most of my negative comments are all related to that version and would not apply to the physical book. On the positive side, the recipes are excellent and fairly easy to make Since it is a recipe book, that has to be the most important aspect. However, the author must think that one using the book knows very little about baking. In top baking hints and favorite baking tools, she explains at great length information that anyone with little cooking experience would know. Maybe that wouldn't bother everyone, but I found it annoying.
The book was not formatted well for kindle. Recipes should start on a new page. If one were using a kindle version to follow a recipe, it would be difficult. The author refers to page numbers that one should return to. Because there are no page number in this version that is not possible.
I recommend that one buy the physical version, not the kindle.
on March 14, 2014
Love the recipe uses a lot of oil and fats that why I gave it a four but the kids love the recipes and its excellent for pot lucks and church. I do not eat anything with oils or butters. Taste great and smells wonderful so would recommend it.