Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on June 23, 2008
I'm really happy with this book. Although I wouldn't say the recipes are overly memorable, they are good basic recipes that can be fixed very quickly and call for ingredients that I usually have on hand. This is becoming my go-to book when I don't know what to fix for dinner.

The only minor complaint I have (and it really isn't a complaint at all) is that I wish the recipes were laid out as meals like they are in Vegetarian Express. I like not having to flip between different sections of the book when fixing a meal.
on October 13, 2013
There are some really fast and simple recipes in this book. I love that there are easy to find ingredients that I can find even here in central Oklahoma (which often feels like the back of beyond when it comes to vegan eating). I do find I need to increase the spices a bit, but I'm not sure if that is due to my not being used to eating this way, or the poor ingredient options that I have access to. They are great recipes to get you started with no excuses that it is too hard to eat this way. I hope you enjoy the book!
on October 19, 2009
I think this book relies heavily on the "fake meats" which I'm not a big fan of. At the same time, it has a lot of really valuable & quick recipes. I don't mind taking the time to cook my own beans, etc. But on some nights I need something really tasty & really quick - on those nights I grab this book. The author is not afraid of bold flavors & the recipes are always easy to change to suit your own tastes. It's a great book to use as a starting point or a reference - look at the recipe, change the ingredients to what you like & then follow the appropriate measurements (or change them to your liking) & cooking times. This is also handy to cook with what you have in your kitchen and not have to run out to the grocery store in order to make dinner in 30 minutes.
on April 28, 2008
I'm always looking for good vegan cookbooks. This was no exception. I like the book and have found some good recipes in it. I gave it four out of five stars only because there were a couple of recipes that seemed the same as a previous vegan book that I have by the same author. It's still a good purchase and I would recommend it to all.
on July 30, 2013
I had borrowed this cookbook from the library, and liked it well enough to buy it. I have had fun trying the recipes, but admit that seitan doesn't appeal to me much. I have been vegetarian for over 10 years, and love my veggies, but there are quite a few new combinations here that really are winners. Well worth it!
on January 22, 2014
I've enjoyed the recipes I've tried. It has simple recipes with easy to find ingredients. It has a good variety of recipes for everyone in the family and the lists of products to keep in stock is helpful as well.
on January 9, 2010
I do use this book quite a bit and find that most of the meals turn out pretty well. There have been a few that were bland, but the ones that are good, are superb. One of my biggest complaints with this book is that her shortcut for potatoes is to microwave them. I find that potatoes seem to really suffer in texture when they're microwaved and I usually end up just roasting them in the oven. Of course, that takes more time, but I think it's worth it. There are also quite a few recipes that call for cheese substitutes and I find that those are seldom tasty. All in all, this book has certainly been a good, and frequently used, addition to my collection.
on December 9, 2009
Everything I've made from this book has been delicious. It's got very approachable recipes...easy, quick and using common ingredients.

While it's not my go to book, it's definitely in my browse by ingredient line up.
on September 16, 2008
Although I am not Vegan I do enjoy this book for ideas on salad, grains and pasta compositions. I substitute or add ingredients at will but follow the recipes for basic preparation. Healthy, simple and good!
on June 3, 2008
I am new at trying vegan food, inspired by my daughter's egg allergy and yoga practise. So in saying this this was my first vegan book. It doesn't have lots and lots of pics. i need pics to give me an idea of how it will look , as lots of the ingredients are new to me. However it has encouraged me to create a few new ideas of my own.
i do love however the fat, sodium, energy content in ever dish and how it reccomends what to have with each meal.
I am trying the pianpple rice tomorrow. looks easy and some thing my hubby might try with out fishing for the meat !!! lol.