Top positive review
89 people found this helpful
Quick and Delicious
on February 12, 2008
I'll admit that I'm a little biased because I shot the photos for this cookbook, but I'm very happy about how it came out and recommend it without reservation for anyone looking for quick, healthy meals that don't require a trip to the health-foods store for ingredients. Some of the things I like about it are...
1. It has a light, airy layout that's fresh and appealing and filled with Nava's delightful illustrations.
2. The 160 delicious recipes take less than 45 minutes (and often less than 30) to prepare.
3. Each recipe has a nutritional analysis.
4. There's a pantry supply list tailored to the recipes in the book.
5. Menu suggestions accompany most recipes.
6. Most ingredients are available at your local supermarket.
7. Each page sparkles with Nava's wit and wisdom. I enjoyed reading about how her family, led by her 10-year-old son, became vegan.
Some of my favorite recipes are Pink Bean, Quinoa, and Spinach Soup; Seitan and Polenta Skillet with Fresh Greens; Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Cashew Butter Sauce; and Our Favorite Chocolate Cake. The cashew butter sauce, in particular, has become a staple in my kitchen.
Probably what I like best about this book is that it is busy-person tested. Nava wrote it while raising a family and working on her graduate thesis, a sure sign that these recipes fit right into a hectic lifestyle.