- File Size: 152 KB
- Print Length: 41 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: February 12, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004NNV8FG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #585,376 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
A Vegan History: 1944-2010 Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
I devote most of my free time to hiking, ocean swimming, and camping. I also enjoy cooking, reading, Netflix, and a variety of outdoor activities.
Top Customer Reviews
Being a vegan is hard - not in finding good things to eat - that's the easy part. It's dealing with scoffing friends and family, and knowing all about the horrific abuse that goes on in every factory farm across the land. Plus dealing with the fact that the people who abuse animals have their hands in the pockets of lawmakers.
However, with this book, I gained a lot of hope. The narrative clearly illustrates that care for farmed animals is steadily increasing over time, as leaders such Wayne Pacelle, the first vegan CEO of the Humane Society of the United States, come forward and lead the charge towards vast reform of current animal farming methods.
What Erik shows is that there's much cause for hope. The world is changing, and for the better.
This is a great book for the die-hard vegan, and those just curious about what veganism is all about and where it came from. Recommended thoroughly.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is the second book by this author I have read, and I found it to be very informative about how veganism came to be. Read morePublished on November 30, 2013 by Shelley a York
This book is a bit slapdash. There are typos present, some missing or misplaced info, and some repetition of information. Read morePublished on January 9, 2013 by C. Robinson
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > History > Historical Study & Educational Resources
- Books > Science & Math > Agricultural Sciences > Food Science
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > History
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > Social History
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences