Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Vegan Is Love: Having Heart and Taking Action
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 26, 2012
After all the media hype over the "violence" of this book, I couldn't help but wonder if graphic images were included..they are NOT. This book is the antithesis of violent, it's very gentle prose and loving illustrations can't help but leave you with a sense of peace and genuine compassion for animals. I feel more than comfortable to hand it over to my 7 year-old niece and am so thankful a book like this has been written.

The message is about choice -not guilt, about education - not indoctrination, and somehow the author has managed to take a very complex subject and turn it into an easily comprehensible story. I believe this book is a great introduction to veganism and compassion, not only for children, but teens and adults as well. Every public library should have a copy, please request a copy at yours!

Ruby Roth couldn't have done a better job and I look forward to her future work..(and her illustrations are so beautiful, they would even look great as a t-shirt or bag collection).
on April 27, 2012
This book has undergone a great deal of controversy even before it's release, which unfortunately doesn't come as much surprise to me. Most parents, at least in the U.S., seem to be very careful, if not resistant, when it comes to discussing with their children where meat, dairy and other animal products come from. Roth takes a courageous, honest approach toward establishing an open platform from which to engage children as individuals with the ability to make their own decisions. Shouldn't we all be exposed to the truth - especially when it comes to the foods we eat every single day?? Roth is a remarkable artist and writer, and clearly has enough respect for children to realize that they are able and competent to experience compassion and make rational decisions for themselves. I look forward to the day that I can read this book to my own children.
on April 25, 2012
I have niece & nephew who are over weight and unhealthy. They will most likely diet before their parents.
I have giving them videos like Food, Inc but it is too graphic for them.
The Illustration in this book is perfect way for me to show them simple ways to live a healthy lifestyle without all the blood and guts.
Beside eating healthier and be kind to animals Vegan Is Love covers all bases. Love for animal, earth and people.
Wish I had a book like this read to me when I was growing up. I will buy many more of this book for friends and family.
review image
on May 28, 2012
My four-year old son, a lifelong vegetarian, has been transitioning to a fully vegan diet. Roth's book articulated the many reasons why in simple, compassionate language he can understand. The illustrations are beautiful and emotional and the message of showing love through veganism was inspiring. Roth's books are must-haves for veg families. Thank you so much!
on May 13, 2012
I must say, the media hype intrigued my interest in this book even more than the vegan lifestyle it promotes. I expected some graphic... something. This is a book showing a very kid-friendly truth the the animal abuse that occurs from labs to circuses. I am happy to share this with my daughter and show her a loving way to treat animals. The truth, in my opinion, is a much more effective way of parenting than covering everything up with a blanket of lies just to have the child uncover all of that once they are older. What a confusing way to live! Thank you Ruby for a wonderful, kid-friendly, and informative depiction of what being vegan is all about; love!
on April 26, 2012
This is a beautifully illustrated and wonderfully written book with a powerful message. That message is that we all - adults and children alike - have the power to affect positive change and we can start today.

Roth explains in simple language how animals are used for clothing, food, testing, and entertainment and how that use harms animals, and also how it harms humans and the planet. She then explains what we can do instead, and how in that process we make the world a better place for all of us.

Roth's stylistic art is true to life in depicting the horrors of what we do to animals, but also gently presented. I didn't find the illustrations to be too graphic for small children.

Ms. Roth's book empowers even the youngest of us, and helps us all make the world a kinder, more compassionate place.
on May 10, 2012
Having already been a fan of Ruby's "Thats Why We Don't Eat Animals" I knew we would love this one equally. And boy do we! Covering all aspects of a vegan lifestyle, from diet to clothing to entertainment, I love how we are gently brought back to the words 'vegan is love' throughout the book- such a beautiful reminder that after all, that is what it is all about.

A gentle, educational and moving book about veganism, that can only instil a greater sense of compassion in its young readers.

Another beautifully illustrated and eloquent piece from Ruby, that both parents and children of ALL ages can enjoy.
on April 2, 2013
my daughter loved and hated only because I had to explain to her how the animals felt in the zoos, aquariums, and labs. It's a good book though. She now understands why we eat vegan now. Thanks so much for the book. She still wants me to read it to her every night now for bed =] so that must be a good sign! =]
on May 10, 2012
In a world that brainwashes and bombards childen to eat total crap and thus ensuring a ridiculous rise in childhood obesity this book is a breath of fresh air. I really don't understand the controversy over presenting an alternative to cancer, obesity, diabetes,etc..the controversy should be over how we have let our children get to this point. THis book is well written and an excellent jumping off point for a discussion (not as people have said a scare tactic to turn kids vegan). If we are not willing to avoid the billions of dollars spent in advertising junk food to our kids then we should at least be willing to show them the alternative.
on May 26, 2012
The only kids book I have found to explain food choices as well as the environment.
Opens up conversation for upgrading foods choices.
I find when children discover they are eating animals, most do not want to
continue!
I highly recommend this book.