New Vegas Ultimate Edition, just one question...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 6, 2012 12:54:18 PM PST
Does the ultimate edition include New Vegas or do you have to buy that first?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2012 7:44:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 8, 2012 10:28:52 AM PST
NeuroSplicer says:
It is included - together with all of the DLCs.

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 10:36:09 AM PDT
JCS says:
I'll add just one more question. I've read complaints about this game requiring a Steam download (of the game itself) and the installation disc not working properly. Is that really true or should it be attributed to lack of technical skills?

In a nutshell, if I buy "New Vegas Ultimate Edition", can I install *everything*, the base game with all DLC's, from the disc itself and then activate with my steam account (or add it as a steam game), OR will I have to redeem the game on Steam and then download the whole thing?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 11:35:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2012 11:37:13 AM PDT
NeuroSplicer says:
STEAM is a fickle little piece of software.

This game comes with a mandatory STEAM activation. So, you pop in the disk, the installation starts and (if not already on your computer) STEAM gets downloaded, installed and you are then asked to input your Serial Number. Once you do this, the game gets activated. And this is where it can get messy.

The content is on the discs but you have to stop the automatic download of the game from STEAM, delete the local content (on of the right-click options on the STEAM game list) and then start again with your disk installation. This way you get to avoid having to download the whole game from STEAM.

In a nutshell, first you activate and then you install.

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 1:46:34 PM PDT
Red says:
Does the Ultimate come with Fallout 1-3? or is it just Fallout 1, all the DLC and Las Vegas?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2013 1:48:27 PM PDT
NeuroSplicer says:
No, Fallout 1-3 are not included. It is only Fallout: New Vegas and all the DLCs.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Feb 6, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition - PC
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition - PC by Bethesda Softworks (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (187)