5.0 out of 5 stars From the mommy of a 2yr. old and 4yr. old!, December 10, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Vegetarian Children: A Supportive Guide for Parents (Paperback)
I really, really love this book. As a matter of fact, I do not know what I would have done without it when I transitioned my children to a vegetarian diet.
A vegetarian myself, I finally decided it was time to introduce this lifestyle to my kids. The catch was, I wanted to do it right. I wanted to KNOW what I was doing and how to do it perfectly so that not only where my children experiencing the healthiest diet, but also so that I knew my "stuff" when I would most likely be harrassed, or at least questioned by family, friends, or anyone about the way I chose to feed my children (and trust me, I was on all accounts).
Anyway.... I found this book, and invested my dollars in it, hoping to find all the info I needed. And I did. This book is complete with nutrition tables informing you of requirements in all vitamins and minerals, weight and height charts for kids of all ages, special considerations to be taken for veggie parents, and more. There is a section that concentrates on studies done for the past several decades, and an explanation for each.
All in all, this is a great book to have if you need some help and info about introducing and raising your children vegetarian. I reccommend it highly. If you would like a veggie kids cookbook (recipes that most kids LOVE), I also highly reccommend "Better than Peanut Butter & Jelly". Perfect duo!

4.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT BOOK!, March 27, 2000
As a new parent, and vegetarian, I found this book very helpful in how to deal with outings at other people homes, etc. It also deals with the validity of raising vegetarian children, a plus considering my family is supportive of our choice. A great book for anyone raising a vegetarian family!

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps Parents and We Need It!!, November 29, 2003
By A Customer
Anything that can help a parent is a great resource to have nearby! I like the sections on quick meals for working families and alternative Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas celebrations. Very interesting!
Also, the interviews with vegetarian parents are a great sharing of information and experience.

Vegetarian Children: A Supportive Guide for Parents
Vegetarian Children: A Supportive Guide for Parents by Sharon Yntema (Paperback - June 1995)
Used & New from: $0.01